Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2022 12:43:14 PM EDT
I posted about this awhile back, but cant find the archived thread. My googlefu has gotten weak lately.

Im wondering what people have done. I have found T5 Custom Kydex, but with a 14-16wk lead time. I don't mind waiting if they are good.

Are there any other custom holster makers for the USPs? I feel dumb having to ask, but my searches are bringing up nothing, or leather with a buttoned strap at best. Are the any makers willing to take in customer's guns? I doubt many holster guys also have FFLs. I have found plenty that make retention holsters, but only T5 for the duty style.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend Garrett Industries "silent thunder" holsters.  I have several for my USP .45 full size and absolutely love them.  I particularly like the STX OWB model w/ full sweat shield.  They even make holsters for the P7 and P7M8, which are hard to find from other holster makers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recommend Garrett Industries "silent thunder" holsters.  I have several for my USP .45 full size and absolutely love them.  I particularly like the STX OWB model w/ full sweat shield.  They even make holsters for the P7 and P7M8, which are hard to find from other holster makers.
View Quote

Unless im missing something, they only have LVL1 retention holsters. Theres plenty of those out there, im specifically looking for a duty LVL2 retention holster.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
T5 is good to go, not sure if jm custom kydek offers level 2 but they are also an excellent company.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unless im missing something, they only have LVL1 retention holsters. Theres plenty of those out there, im specifically looking for a duty LVL2 retention holster.
View Quote
My apologies.  I'm not familiar with the "LVL" system in regards to holsters.  My tiny brain only knows of IWB, OWB, and various active retention style holsters (paddle holsters, etc.).  For that reason, I thought you were talking about specific brands/models of holsters and trying to find something different.

Sorry.  Wish I could be more helpful!
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My apologies.  I'm not familiar with the "LVL" system in regards to holsters.  My tiny brain only knows of IWB, OWB, and various active retention style holsters (paddle holsters, etc.).  For that reason, I thought you were talking about specific brands/models of holsters and trying to find something different.

Sorry.  Wish I could be more helpful!
View Quote

Levels of retention, 1 2 or 3 actions required to draw the weapon. Level 1 being retention or friction only, 2 is a latch of some kind, three is a latch that requires a push+slide or whatever. Im sure im butchering it pretty bad, but thats the basics i remember without searching.

But, you have been helpful, they look like good holsters. Which i do want a different AIWB holster to tryout. But main goal right now is a duty holster to wear open carry and OWB concealed with different mounting options if available. But i want to carry my HKs and find a damn UTL for them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
There something wrong with Safariland? They are the best in the biz for duty holsters..
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There something wrong with Safariland? They are the best in the biz for duty holsters..
View Quote

Safariland  doesn't make a LVL2 for the USP's.

You can substitute an XD 40 SLS for the USP. I did and it worked prefect.
Safariland 6285 SLS duty SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD 9mm .40 .45 LIGHT RH "C"

ETA: Forgot to add that G-code makes one spicificly for the USP full and compact.

I had a couple of these also for my USP's. I actually like their retention lever better than the Safariland, unless it's the ALS.

Here
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Safariland  doesn't make a LVL2 for the USP's.

You can substitute an XD 40 SLS for the USP. I did and it worked prefect.
Safariland 6285 SLS duty SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD 9mm .40 .45 LIGHT RH "C"

ETA: Forgot to add that G-code makes one spicificly for the USP full and compact.

I had a couple of these also for my USP's. I actually like their retention lever better than the Safariland, unless it's the ALS.

Here
View Quote
Safariland lists the 6285 Level II for the USP45 full size. SKU 1159313.

Not sure about the compact.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Safariland lists the 6285 Level II for the USP45 full size. SKU 1159313.

Not sure about the compact.
View Quote

For got about that. Remember seeing a huge lot of them for sale, used and in good shape on ebay. I think he had like 10 of them.

I couldn't use them because my 45 and 45c are RMR equipped with a light. Probably why I forgot about them

I had it in my watch list for a while. If I didn't delete it I'll link it here.

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Multiple things, ive only seen pictures of them, havent gone to any police supply stores, abd the gun shops ive checked out dont carry them on hand. Then, i was hesitant ordering because it looks bulky and not aesthetically pleasing. Stupid gripes, i know. But I'd like their other locking options instead of just a hood. If i gotta settle on just a hood, id like something more form fitting and custom i guess. Just butthurt theres not much support for the USP. Searching for a good used deal on HK45CT, seems theres more options.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Retention levels are defined by the number of actions required to draw / remove the sidearm from the holster.

Level 1 = 1 action
Level 2  = 2 actions

There are a total of 5 Levels.

A good example of a L2 holster is the Safariland ALS system.  A L3 example would be a Safariland ALS/SLS.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Safariland ALS/SLS …

Action 1 = depress ALS button
Action 2 = flip SLS hood down
Action 3 = defeat friction retention will drawing weapon
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top