Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 2/3/2017 3:49:15 PM EDT
I had been in contact with Leupold about using the DeltaPoint pro on the FNX tactical. The mount they were using is for the Smith and Wesson CORE and they were unsure if it would fit so they had not released it in their catalog. I just went to Leupold and they mounted to the plate to my slide, torqued it down and double checked fit using the dpp.

Should be changed to the website asap. FN is still sitting on a handful of mounts that Leupold was waiting to hear back on.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That's hawt, let's see the dpp mounted up!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it works. But holy shit it sits high. Not sure how I feel about it. I don't edc it so it's no biggie in that sense. Interested to see how it handles.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Uh yeah...kinda makes the iron's pointless.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uh yeah...kinda makes the iron's pointless.
View Quote

Strange right?

I'll see how I like it and if it doesn't work out I'll throw an rmr on it and put the dpp on a milled out Glock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Alternatively, you may be able to just drop the rear sight and use Leupold's adjustable rear; maybe make it work with your front sight.

I have a DPP on a milled glock, cool to see it on other platforms
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well it works. But holy shit it sits high. Not sure how I feel about it. I don't edc it so it's no biggie in that sense. Interested to see how it handles.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268939/IMG-8833-144142.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268939/IMG-8834-144143.JPG
View Quote

Why are the slide and the frame two different colors ?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why are the slide and the frame two different colors ?
View Quote

First time here sport?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

First time here sport?
View Quote

yeah, really havent spent much time in the fn section.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Alternatively, you may be able to just drop the rear sight and use Leupold's adjustable rear; maybe make it work with your front sight.
View Quote

Nothing different will work with the existing front sight. You
would have to change it something taller, as well.

That really bites that the irons are non functional.

RMR's work as designed.

John

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nothing different will work with the existing front sight. You
would have to change it something taller, as well.

That really bites that the irons are non functional.

RMR's work as designed.

John

http://i65.tinypic.com/r2q9fd.jpg
View Quote

I'll be st the range this weekend and will try it out. Otherwise it'll end up on another Glock and I'll grab an rmr for the Fn.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yeah, really havent spent much time in the fn section.
View Quote

They are all multi color like that. Fn doesn't like to match.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I had been wondering what happened with this.

Good to see they did something, but the mounting height is pretty bad. Disappointing that they didn't think that was a problem while they were developing it (and telling folks for the last 12 months or so that it was right around the corner).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had been wondering what happened with this.

Good to see they did something, but the mounting height is pretty bad. Disappointing that they didn't think that was a problem while they were developing it (and telling folks for the last 12 months or so that it was right around the corner).
View Quote

Yeah this snailed along for way too long. It's really a bummer that this is the end result. I think milling a Glock for the Leupold and putting the rmr on the fnx just makes more sense.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#14]
NM, found it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#15]
So the DPs won't co-witness but the RMRs will?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So the DPs won't co-witness but the RMRs will?
View Quote
Correct. The RMR doesn't require that big plate to mount up
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#17]
LMFAO

Newbs.....

No cowitness for you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LMFAO

Newbs.....

No cowitness for you.
View Quote
I have heard all sorts of stories. What is the best way to mount the DP Pro to the FNX 45 T? I have a 2017 FNX, I can get the DP Pro, new, for less than half MSRP with a military discount. Can't get much of discount with the RMR but will go the RMR route if mounting is better/simpler.

p.s. I prefer the DP Pro (large window) but don't want to force something that this pistol isn't designed for. I want it to co-witness and not look goofy, 10 feet high off the slide if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have heard all sorts of stories. What is the best way to mount the DP Pro to the FNX 45 T? I have a 2017 FNX, I can get the DP Pro, new, for less than half MSRP with a military discount. Can't get much of discount with the RMR but will go the RMR route if mounting is better/simpler.

p.s. I prefer the DP Pro (large window) but don't want to force something that this pistol isn't designed for. I want it to co-witness and not look goofy, 10 feet high off the slide if you know what I mean.
View Quote
I bought the adaptor plate for my DPP, I should have sent it back when I saw how thick it was.
I just really wanted the DPP to work with the FNX.
I mounted it to my FNX and shot it once.
I took the DPP off the FNX and put it on my Buckmark.
Way more than I planned on spending on the Buckmark, but I'm going to pick up the RMR for my FNX because it will fit directly.
I should have done my homework better, live and learn.

I'm going to hang on to the plate in case I change my mind, but my current plan is to watch for an RMR on sale, or when I have the cash bite the bullet and pay for the FDE version.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought the adaptor plate for my DPP, I should have sent it back when I saw how thick it was.
Way more than I planned on spending on the Buckmark, but I'm going to pick up the RMR for my FNX because it will fit directly.

I'm going to hang on to the plate in case I change my mind, but my current plan is to watch for an RMR on sale, or when I have the cash bite the bullet and pay for the FDE version.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! Ill stick with RMR then
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top