Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2023 5:05:07 PM EDT
Contemplating getting a DDP for my VP9. Whats the real-world battery life? I know it has the shake awake, but does that really help?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The DPP on my Legion is coming up on 6 months on the original battery. Spends a lot of time in the safe but I take it out at least once a week. Seems to work well for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The one on my Staccato is going on 6 months and still going strong.  I don't worry about it much.  The batteries are cheap and very easy to change on the DPP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one on my EDC, a month to two.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Not real world but I just had one last almost 2 years (AR15 pistol) sitting on a rack and only moved once every couple of months to be inspected, wiped off, lubed.  It did spend some time going to/coming from the range and some range time making sure it was a 100% reliable not long after I built it.

I did put a new battery in a couple weeks back when I had it out for it's latest check up.

On a CZ75 Compact carried almost daily (my wife's pistol for over a year) the batteries would last longer than 6 months (meaning I changed them out at 6 months and it was still working.)  I'm about to put that DPP on an M&P 1.0 9MM PC pistol.  It'll do fine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
My DPP sits on my CZ competition gun.  It’s shot or used in dry fire 5 days or so a week.  About every two years at a match it goes dead. 😁
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top