Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2021 11:17:06 PM EDT
How many of you really want to put a red dot on your slide but are hesitant to do so because:

a) You don't want to ship your slide off to _____ and wait for 4-12 weeks.
b) You don't want to take the pistol out of service because it is your primary HD and/or carry.
c) You are worried that the slide will get damaged/stolen/lost/etc.
d) It is expensive at ~$175-230 (optics cut, rear BUIS cut location, nitriding, shipping, insurance, etc.).

Well... I sort of stumbled onto a solution while shopping online for a Polymer 80 side project that I am working on.

The Zev Technologies Z19 Duty Stripped Slide w/ RMR cut

Attachment Attached File

No race cuts, turbos or massive air intakes, It is not flashy, it almost looks OEM. The slide serrations are grippier than anything Glock ever put out. Made from stainless steel and finished in black nitride. If you know anything about Zev, its been a Gucci brand since day one. Tolerances are tight and fit/finish is excellent. The real meat and potatoes is the RMR cut. It is precisely milled, well finished and has protruding screw holes as well as front posts that mate up nicely with an RMR. It also comes with screws that are the perfect length for affixing your optic. Lastly, I noted that the muzzle end (I purchased the gen 5 version) matched up nicely with the beveled front of my G45 frame. I picked one up online two days ago for around $220 and swapped all of my OEM Glock 45 upper parts (except the plastic sights) over to it in under 10 minutes. Function check was flawless.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

At the end of the day, I got a top-tier, non Gucci looking slide with a well executed optics cut and better than OEM slide serrations. Total wait time: 48 hours.

As for it being free, I could easily sell my stripped G45 slide on EE for what I have in this. The alternative (shipping your slide off) costs about the same, you're out a lot more time in waiting and you only end up with one slide.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like a workable strategy to me. Thanks for the pictures
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get it? Zev is showing $300.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The theory is sound, 1 is none and all that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a fan of slides with all the windows and cut outs. Also don't have confidence in a lot of the no name bargain slides out there.

Probably my favorite Zev slide I have seen so far and doesn't seem terrible priced.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of slides with all the windows and cut outs. Also don't have confidence in a lot of the no name bargain slides out there.

Probably my favorite Zev slide I have seen so far and doesn't seem terrible priced.
View Quote

Agreed. It has less markings than a Glock OEM and the slide serrations are both angled in a more functional manner as well cut a little more aggressively.

The only non-functional markings on the Zev are the little Dodge racing stripes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
That is sorta the strategy I went with.  I got a Brownells slide though and transplanted the parts -channel liner and sights to the Brownells slide.  Nice pistol OP!  I like the KISS slide no francy do-dad cuts to get more of my carry lint inside the slide.  I already get enough lint in the glass of the optic
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm... .maybe something to consider. Anyone of similar slides but cut for DP pro?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have any plans to put a smaller light on the gun? The Surefire seems to negate whatever advantage the shorter slide might offer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have any plans to put a smaller light on the gun? The Surefire seems to negate whatever advantage the shorter slide might offer.
View Quote

There are lots of good options beyond the Surefire X300 Ultra.

The Streamlight TLR-7 is a good choice if you want something that won't extend past the barrel.

And I went with the Brownells RMR Cut Slide.  I've got over 500 rounds thru it and no prblems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]
looks nice.

i had maple leaf cut my 45 slide for the rmr. took less than a month and was $85.

i have plenty of carry guns so 3-4 weeks without it isn't much. can't complain since my rmr was free. i do have to return it in 2-10 years. lol

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was testing out some of my light compatible holsters. I think the TLR-7 will be mounted most of the time.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top