Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2021 8:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekcoh]
I’ve been wanting to shoot this gun for a few years. First time ever shooting today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeYyWk2aDFk&ab_channel=JoonKim

The iron sight recoil is very unique; sight tracking is very different from Glock. As expected, it kicks back harder rather than up, and muzzle movement feels quite snappy. There is not a whole lot of mass at the muzzle so it makes sense.

Grip and handling are similar to Glock so the gun fits in my hand perfectly.

Fit and finish are fantastic. The trigger is something I have to get used to. The gun was in new condition so it needs a break in.

The optic mounted configuration is very nice but the dot movement is not a compelling advantage over other guns out there.

Hands down coolest pistol I’ve ever seen in my life.

Last note: the checkered grip on backstrap is absolutely amazing.

What yall think?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!  That’s interesting how you describe the recoil impulse… I would expect it to shoot exceptionally flat because of the low bore axis.

Also, is the trigger heavy?  Nice shooting by the way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By remi870:
Very cool!  That’s interesting how you describe the recoil impulse… I would expect it to shoot exceptionally flat because of the low bore axis.

Also, is the trigger heavy?  Nice shooting by the way.
View Quote

Yea, I assume chiappa rhino must feel similar to this, sight tracking wise.

The definitely could get lighter. Take up and reset were great but the break felt pretty heavy for a technically hammer fired pistol
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]

made hot, nice pistol
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm wondering who else has one of these.  After firing it I've lost interest in other pistols.  Sure, price is a factor when buying.  But when deciding which gun is the best to shoot it just is what it is.  I love this one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one but I have only fired about 100 rounds out of it.  

I shoot a LOT of competition style pistols and the first time I shot it the muzzle was dipping...I realized that was me engaging in recoil control for a more flippy pistol.  

Its the best $3000 handgun in the world based on my initial analysis.  

Its...not worth $6000.  Unless you literally have nothing else to do with $6000.  Which is where I was in my gun collecting realm.

Once you are DONE with NV stuff, and got your M2HB on...and and and...then maybe.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit that thing's up to 6k now?

How's the overheating issue?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
$6,000  lol
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#8]

They need to come out with a threaded barrel I can swap for my non- threaded and +5 mag extensions.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Liking it so far.  Its definitely the "I'm bored with gun shit and literally can't think of anything else to buy" gun.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought one. You can still find them brand new and unfired.

It’s truly an amazing gun. I’ve purchase some “expensive” guns before than turned out to suck, but this thing is excellent. I had to go out of town right after shooting it for the first time and genuinely missed it while I was gone. 😀
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Lancer is selling their remaining Aliens on clearance.

I still don't have any mag base pad extensions or a threaded barrel. Mags are out of stock as well.

Per Lancer the pistol isn't discontinued it will be available via Laugo USA at some point.

Had thoughts of selling mine, the full kit is going for 2k more than I paid for it currently.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:00:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Non Laugo owner here. The price really isn't that crazy if it does something other pistols don't, and arguably it does. Most of us have 6K tied up in pistols we don't shoot much. I actually hope it starts dominating production or Limited, because I think you'd then see some genuine innovation and competition back in the pistol space. Compare this with the Sig 320, Glock Gen 5, etc, and its pretty clear that the Laugo is the first actual new thing in a while.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Middlelength:
Non Laugo owner here. The price really isn't that crazy if it does something other pistols don't, and arguably it does. Most of us have 6K tied up in pistols we don't shoot much. I actually hope it starts dominating production or Limited, because I think you'd then see some genuine innovation and competition back in the pistol space. Compare this with the Sig 320, Glock Gen 5, etc, and its pretty clear that the Laugo is the first actual new thing in a while.
View Quote

It is a singularly unique and innovative design.

I would like to be able to shoot it in competition but it does not clearly fit in any division.

Open minor? Newly minted Limited Optics minor?

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Willz:

I would like to be able to shoot it in competition but it does not clearly fit in any division.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Would love to see a model chambered for Best-Meter (ie., 10mm AUTO).
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

That would be awesome
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sj586:
Lancer Systems no longer selling Alien pistols?

11:20 into the video.
View Quote

They will be sold by Laugo US in the future.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up one of these a few months ago.
It is a pleasure to shoot and very easy to control.
I've only put 100 rounds into it so far but each round was satisfying and on target.  You almost can't miss.
It's expensive, so there's that.
I have the second generation version (not the signature edition and not the newer "creator" version).
The grip is like a CZ grip, so if you like that (which I do) then that's the one to get.  The newer Creator version has a more vertical style grip but is more dollars.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Should be made in 10mm ….  then we’d have some real ‘alien’ awesomeness.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Hard pass for $6k. No threaded barrel option?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tt350z] [#21]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
Hard pass for $6k. No threaded barrel option?
View Quote

$4050 for the threaded barrel version

https://laugoarmsusa.com/product/laugo-arms-alien-standard-kit/
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tt350z:

$4050 for the threaded barrel version

https://laugoarmsusa.com/product/laugo-arms-alien-standard-kit/
View Quote

Still can't get on board for 4k
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I traded my Alien kit for an Atlas Nyx. The Alien is a good pistol but the Nyx has magazine compatibility and is a bit better pistol.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm sure they shoot amazing. I just can't conceive buying a $4-6K pistol that looks like a Canik. I guess if you already have a safe full of real nice 2011s and 1911s.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
I traded my Alien kit for an Atlas Nyx. The Alien is a good pistol but the Nyx has magazine compatibility and is a bit better pistol.
View Quote

How does the Atlas shoot v the Alien as far as recoil etc go?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

How does the Atlas shoot v the Alien as far as recoil etc go?
View Quote

I dont have an Atlas, but I have a polymer grip 2011. I have the Creator Limited Optics model so it has a 2011ish grip angle.

Alien
More felt recoil
Slide cycles very fast
Dot just sort of wiggles up a little bit
A full mag seats as easily as an empty mag

Much softer recoiling
Slide feels very smooth but sluggish
More vertical dot movement but easy to track with how smooth the gun feels

IMO, it’s kind of like a Glock vs P320. I feel that Glock are snappier but the sights recover quicker while the P320 feels softer but has more of a rocking motion. If you’ve shot both and have the same thoughts, that’s what the Alien vs 2011 is like, but a step up in quality and feel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top