Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 9:05:19 PM EDT
Has anyone had it done yet? If so, how do you like it?

I really want to put an RMR on a handgun and I’m debating on which one to put it on.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Following.

However,  I  was thinking  of  just buying  a new slide.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Following.

However,  I  was thinking  of  just buying  a new slide.
View Quote

Does anyone offer frames?

If I buy another slide I know what’s gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Does anyone offer frames?

If I buy another slide I know what’s gonna happen.
View Quote

Frames occasionally get posted for sale in the Berettaforum.net classifieds. You may want to join up and keep an eye on them to see.

I don't presently own a Beretta (many, many sad face), but I'm lusting after an LTT Elite RDO hard right now. I've always have a serious love affair with the Elite series of pistols, and wish they'd make them again but with the RDO cut and the light rail. Something about the stainless Brig slide makes my pants get tight, but I'm unwilling to cut up an Elite to make one myself.

Ernest, if you're listening...
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My Langdon-milled Vertec slide should arrive any day. It is a Langdon supplied slide and will go on a 92FS.

I will report when it arrives. In the meantime, the few gents I've seen who have mentioned the Langdon slide work, praise it: plug and play, needs no breaking in on appropriate pistols.

The only hitch so far is that I am having trouble finding a holster: looking for a duty holster (not concealed) and have no light (or rail for one) on mine. The few holsters for Langdon guns I have seen are all made for both light and optic. If you've got a rail and light you'll have options.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Langdon-milled Vertec slide should arrive any day. It is a Langdon supplied slide and will go on a 92FS.

I will report when it arrives. In the meantime, the few gents I've seen who have mentioned the Langdon slide work, praise it: plug and play, needs no breaking in on appropriate pistols.

The only hitch so far is that I am having trouble finding a holster: looking for a duty holster (not concealed) and have no light (or rail for one) on mine. The few holsters for Langdon guns I have seen are all made for both light and optic. If you've got a rail and light you'll have options.
View Quote

That’s my biggest concern, it was a real problem finding a holster for my M9A3 with a light, and the one I just bought isn’t compatible with tall sights, or an optic.

I think having one custom made is going to be the only solution. It may be better just have my Glock cut for an RMR and leave the Beretta alone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, yes. But that means you'd be carrying and using a Gluck, when you could be using a superlative device.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, yes. But that means you'd be carrying and using a Gluck, when you could be using a superlative device.
View Quote

My EDC is a Glock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Edited, Butternut - COC, please keep silliness for GD:

Specific to the Tech Forums

The Tech Forums (AR-15, AK-47, Handgun, Armory, Training, Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the General Discussion forums aren not permitted there. These forums are to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments, insulting others, etc will not be ignored.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
They sell optic-ready slides by themselves now

I got one and put my Holosun on it. It's nice, but snow has prevented me from zeroing it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I really want to buy one of those slides but will wait till they have one compatible with Trijicon's new RMRcc. Regular RMR is kinda chunky for a 92 slide IMO. RMRcc would be just right.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Milt Sparks makes their 55BN cut down for optics.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you looking for leather or kydex? I have a Kramer Custom leather, Michigan State Police holster for my 92FS. I am waiting for your review, before I order a slide. I have the Police 92FS that has Trijicons with the non-removeable front sight. The lamps have long since dimmed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the RMR cut slide from Langdon Tactical and I really look forward to getting to the range with it. That said, my original slide feels like it is on ball bearings and this slide snags about halfway when you pull it back. Hopefully that wont effect the function when actually firing it. Maybe with use it will smooth out. I don't know. A couple of other things that bother me a little but don't effect function are the dents in the slide and the machine mark that to me at least look like a factory second. I'm assuming that that happened at the Tennessee factory. The other thing that bothers me is the 'Elite LTT' logo roll mark hardly being visible. I sent them an email a month ago about all this but never heard anything back. I guess it is what it is. I just expected more from something like LTT. As far as the red dot is concerned, everything went on like you would expect. Sights are easy to see through the red dot. I'll update if anything changes.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent the slide on my 92A1 to be milled by Langdon Tactical. When I received it back it was very difficult to cycle due to the cerakote thickness on the slide rails. I called Langdon and they explained that it would loosen up after a couple hundred rounds. It has loosened up dramatically even though it’s not quite as smooth as it was from the factory. Reliability has been 100% and it is a blast to shoot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I sent the slide on my 92A1 to be milled by Langdon Tactical. When I received it back it was very difficult to cycle due to the cerakote thickness on the slide rails. I called Langdon and they explained that it would loosen up after a couple hundred rounds. It has loosened up dramatically even though it’s not quite as smooth as it was from the factory. Reliability has been 100% and it is a blast to shoot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43181/C8E8DD65-467D-4D59-BC1E-C85FBF0859FD_jpe-1842416.JPG
View Quote

That makes sense. I hope mine loosens up quickly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I regularly hope that the type of slides available for the RMR cut will increase. I would go nuts for a dot-cut SAO 92.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really want to buy one of those slides but will wait till they have one compatible with Trijicon's new RMRcc. Regular RMR is kinda chunky for a 92 slide IMO. RMRcc would be just right.
View Quote

Not to be a naysayer but just a word of caution, the RMRcc may be a bit small for the LTT RDO with regards to sight picture. With the large rear sight on the RDO slide, I personally would not want any reduction whatsoever in window size over the standard RMR.

With that said, the LTT RDO is outstanding.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not to be a naysayer but just a word of caution, the RMRcc may be a bit small for the LTT RDO with regards to sight picture. With the large rear sight on the RDO slide, I personally would not want any reduction whatsoever in window size over the standard RMR.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Granted I've only seen internet photos, but isn't the rear sight part of the mounting plate? I would assume when they say they're going to support more RDO footprints they wouldn't make it such that it occludes the optic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Granted I've only seen internet photos, but isn't the rear sight part of the mounting plate? I would assume when they say they're going to support more RDO footprints they wouldn't make it such that it occludes the optic.
View Quote

Correct, it is part of the plate.

I can't speak to their plans regarding other optics but in my opinion only, RMR is the smallest window size I personally would want. That's what I use and it works just fine but I simply wouldn't want anything smaller.

A picture is worth a thousand words but unfortunately I'm not currently able to provide one. Maybe someone else here can and you can make an informed assessment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#20]
How accessible are the decocker levers on these slides?  From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the sight might partially block access to the decocker.  I'm specifically interested in access to the RH lever, since I'm left-handed.  One of these is on my list, but access to the decocker is a concern for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can't speak to their plans regarding other optics but in my opinion only, RMR is the smallest window size I personally would want. That's what I use and it works just fine but I simply wouldn't want anything smaller.

A picture is worth a thousand words but unfortunately I'm not currently able to provide one. Maybe someone else here can and you can make an informed assessment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've gotten some trigger time behind an RMRcc and find it sufficient for me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got the RMR cut slide from Langdon Tactical and I really look forward to getting to the range with it. That said, my original slide feels like it is on ball bearings and this slide snags about halfway when you pull it back. Hopefully that wont effect the function when actually firing it. Maybe with use it will smooth out. I don't know. A couple of other things that bother me a little but don't effect function are the dents in the slide and the machine mark that to me at least look like a factory second. I'm assuming that that happened at the Tennessee factory. The other thing that bothers me is the 'Elite LTT' logo roll mark hardly being visible. I sent them an email a month ago about all this but never heard anything back. I guess it is what it is. I just expected more from something like LTT. As far as the red dot is concerned, everything went on like you would expect. Sights are easy to see through the red dot. I'll update if anything changes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3850_1__JPG-1842295.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3851_1__JPG-1842296.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3852_1__JPG-1842298.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3853_1__JPG-1842299.JPG
View Quote

That would not be acceptable to me.  And I'd keep pestering them until it was corrected.

I had an issue with an LTT product.  It took a lot of effort to get their attention and a couple months.   However, once I got Aimee's attention, she made it right.  I'm a big fan of their products and work.  I suspect they have just been absolutely slammed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How accessible are the decocker levers on these slides?  From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the sight might partially block access to the decocker.  I'm specifically interested in access to the RH lever, since I'm left-handed.  One of these is on my list, but access to the decocker is a concern for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It actually doesn't block it at all. My thumb barely touches the red dot sight/plate when I use the decocker. For me, it doesn't effect using the decocker and I didn't need to retrain myself with this slide.

Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3850_1__JPG-1842295.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3851_1__JPG-1842296.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3852_1__JPG-1842298.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70691/IMG_3853_1__JPG-1842299.JPG

That would not be acceptable to me.  And I'd keep pestering them until it was corrected.

I had an issue with an LTT product.  It took a lot of effort to get their attention and a couple months.   However, once I got Aimee's attention, she made it right.  I'm a big fan of their products and work.  I suspect they have just been absolutely slammed.

I'm sure they have. I'll have to try and get ahold of them again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It actually doesn't block it at all. My thumb barely touches the red dot sight/plate when I use the decocker. For me, it doesn't effect using the decocker and I didn't need to retrain myself with this slide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

For those that are interested, I got a response from Langdon pretty quick when I used a better customer service email address. That said, I was a little surprised by the response that I got.

Good morning KaBar3.  I'm sorry you are having some issues.  I brought this up to Ernest this morning, and this was his response:  "As to the roll mark, dents and machining marks, that is the way we get the slide from Beretta. We do not manufacture the slide, we only cut the RDO mount area. As to the hang up with the locking block, that will smooth out with time. The factory guns are run through a cycle machine as well as test fired and proofed tested when they are assembled. Some guns are tighter from the factory as well. The good news is a tight locking block like you describe makes for a very accurate gun."

I hope this helps

Mark

I had figured they would at least not be satisfied with the 'ELITE LTT' rollmark and it perhaps slipped through. But anyway, I will get to the range with this new slide and RDO and give it a try. I really do like this modern take of a Beretta M9/92.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered a LTT Elite with RDO slide and NP3 finish, now i just have to figure out which RDO to get. Leaning toward Trijicon RMR Type 2.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ordered a LTT Elite with RDO slide and NP3 finish, now i just have to figure out which RDO to get. Leaning toward Trijicon RMR Type 2.
View Quote

Kinda same boat.. got a RDO slide on the way here for my ltt elite.  I’d really like to try a new Holosun 508t x2... but may end up with another rmr 06 as these seem to be not coming around anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This comes down to what you're using it for.  Plans to beat on the gun?  RMR.  Safe queen - SRO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Have had the slide for weeks, and mounted the dot, but still have not been to the range!

My slide is Langdon-supplied and looks and feels fine. Removed the factory slide, and the Langdon unit slipped on with no problem; dry-fire exercises and manipulating the 92FS manually, it feels fine to me. No hang-up feeling, but maybe that's only apparent when firing.

It took a while but found a holster: kydex with a Safariland-like thumb-release retainer. Perhaps not as smooth as Safariland out of the box, but sits and feels fine. Manufactured by Midwest Tactical Solutions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For those that are interested, I got a response from Langdon pretty quick when I used a better customer service email address. That said, I was a little surprised by the response that I got.

I had figured they would at least not be satisfied with the 'ELITE LTT' rollmark and it perhaps slipped through. But anyway, I will get to the range with this new slide and RDO and give it a try. I really do like this modern take of a Beretta M9/92.
View Quote

Dang.  That LTT is so cavalier about the aesthetically poor nature of that slide is very disappointing....esp from the man himself.   I'd be ok with his response vis-a-vis the tight slide but the dismissive nature of how poor that slide looks does not give me warm fuzzes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have had the slide for weeks, and mounted the dot, but still have not been to the range!

My slide is Langdon-supplied and looks and feels fine. Removed the factory slide, and the Langdon unit slipped on with no problem; dry-fire exercises and manipulating the 92FS manually, it feels fine to me. No hang-up feeling, but maybe that's only apparent when firing.

It took a while but found a holster: kydex with a Safariland-like thumb-release retainer. Perhaps not as smooth as Safariland out of the box, but sits and feels fine. Manufactured by Midwest Tactical Solutions.
View Quote

@CoolEarl

Nice!  I got my RDO slide In today. Seems as though they mill then add a finish over the entire slide. Which causes the light roll marks(double finish).  Doesn’t bother me any as a gun to me is a tool, not a IG photo op piece.

How was the lead time on the Midwest holster, did they meet the estimated lead times? I’ve got one on order and look forward to checking it out. Still looking for a 13.5-1 barrel though
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I have had no issues working the decocker.  I used a dremel and cut out my JMCK AIWB holster and kept on going.   I have a couple thousand rounds under it now.

***Do make sure the plate is loctited (real word?) on when it comes from LTT.  Mine had the witness marks, but no loctite or VC3.  Plate came loose in the first few hundred rounds.  Once I got it all locked up and torqued to their specs;  no issues since.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top