Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2022 4:46:13 AM EDT
Ordered a loaded Compact on Nov 21, picked it up from FFL tonight. Gun looked good, black and NP3'd with Spartan NS and the trigger pull is very nice. Brought it home, pushed down on the disassembly lever to inspect, clean and lube, the slide moved about an inch and stopped. Slide was caught on something and required light pressure to remove from frame. Checked out the slide and it looked good except for the usual shitty Tennessee machine marks. Picked up the frame and immediately noticed small chunks of missing aluminum from top, front and bottom of rails. I'm not talking missing or marred finish; I'm talking missing chunks of aluminum. I've emailed LTT and figure I'll get a reply Monday. Not sure how this frame made it through QC, it's going back to LTT for a new frame or a $1600 refund. I should've stuck with Wilson Combat, never had an issue with them. I don't think the gun was inspected after test firing; it definitely wasn't cleaned before shipping.

I know, I'm trying to figure out how to post pics.

I sent an email and photos to LTT the night I received the gun from my FFL. Aimee replied back today, Sunday and is sending me an RMA to return the gun. She said it definitely shouldn't have passed QC and been sent to me in that condition.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You must know by now that pictures are very helpful, and AR15.com hosts your pictures as a part of the paid membership (which you have).
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I can see what you mean

Seriously,  post up a picture or two for us to look at. I've been considering another Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can see what you mean

Seriously,  post up a picture or two for us to look at. I've been considering another Beretta.
View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d accept that for a used gun, no problem.  

I would be very disappointed if that was in a new gun, much less a premium product.

Arguably that’ll happen the first time you shoot it, but still.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t think that’s something that even happens after you shoot it. I’ve owned and still own a ton of Beretta 92s and none of mine look like that. Contact LTT, and they should take care of it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’d accept that for a used gun, no problem.  

I would be very disappointed if that was in a new gun, much less a premium product.

Arguably that’ll happen the first time you shoot it, but still.
View Quote

I own numerous Berettas and none of them display that type of damage to the rails after a thousand rounds. Finish wear: yes, but not missing metal and denting along the front of the rails. I wouldn't purchase a used gun in this condition.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don’t think that’s something that even happens after you shoot it. I’ve owned and still own a ton of Beretta 92s and none of mine look like that. Contact LTT, and they should take care of it.
View Quote

RMA from LTT is headed my way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

RMA from LTT is headed my way.
View Quote

Glad for that.  It is troubling it was able to leave LTT in that condition.  Its a boutique item.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad you're getting it fixed, OP. That's looking rough for sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like LTT.  But that should never, ever have left their shop.   Horrible QC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered a loaded Compact on Nov 21, picked it up from FFL tonight. Gun looked good, black and NP3'd with Spartan NS and the trigger pull is very nice. Brought it home, pushed down on the disassembly lever to inspect, clean and lube, the slide moved about an inch and stopped. Slide was caught on something and required light pressure to remove from frame. Checked out the slide and it looked good except for the usual shitty Tennessee machine marks. Picked up the frame and immediately noticed small chunks of missing aluminum from top, front and bottom of rails. I'm not talking missing or marred finish; I'm talking missing chunks of aluminum. I've emailed LTT and figure I'll get a reply Monday. Not sure how this frame made it through QC, it's going back to LTT for a new frame or a $1600 refund. I should've stuck with Wilson Combat, never had an issue with them. I don't think the gun was inspected after test firing; it definitely wasn't cleaned before shipping.

I know, I'm trying to figure out how to post pics.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT1-2631376.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT2-2631375.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT3-2631374.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT4-2631373.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT5-2631372.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15509/LTT6-2631371.jpg

I sent an email and photos to LTT the night I received the gun from my FFL. Aimee replied back today, Sunday and is sending me an RMA to return the gun. She said it definitely shouldn't have passed QC and been sent to me in that condition.
View Quote

Damn I received mine about a week after you. Same gun just RDO cut and after 1000 rounds it does not look like that. Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Received a completely new gun a couple weeks ago. This one is perfect in every way. Shop apologized and said it never should've passed QC. Personally, I think there was a mishap and the gun was never inspected after firing because the gun arrived uncleaned. They examined the original and said the rails were out of spec, second they'd received from Beretta in the last month or so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad it worked out for you, OP.  I am a big fan of LTT.  But the frequent complaints I've been seeing more recently have shaken my faith in them a bit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm glad to hear it worked out. There was a case of bad QC from LTT in GD late last year. IIRC, they took no responsibility. It caused me to hold off on buying a gun directly from them. It caused me to cancel buying a gun from LTT.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad they made it right.  

My gun (not a LTT) looks the same except for the bit back near where the safety would be.  

Mine is a 92A1 that came with a threaded barrel in an odd threading so I bought a factory barrel from Beretta without the threads. Italian barrel just like my gun. I could barely rack the slide at first. Undeterred, I hand racked the slide hundreds of times until it was smooth. Gun has never jammed and is very accurate.  

Will post pics in a bit but I wonder if it was a poor fit someone made fit that caused those marks on yours.  Also what the long term effects if any might be.

Not nearly as bad as I remember it.  Less than 500 rounds through this gun.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#16]
LTT said mine had out of spec rails. They'd recently received a couple from Beretta with that issue. They hooked me up with a new pistol and it's flawless. I'm content and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. I knew something wasn't right with the first gun I received as soon as I attempted to separate the slide from the frame. Instead of being buttery smooth, I had to use pressure to separate the two. It should've and would've been caught at the factory if whoever signed the QC card had actually cleaned and inspected the gun after test firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top