Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2021 1:34:19 PM EDT
I’m a fan of the Beretta 92 and considered a 92fs but after upgrading to night sights and metal parts I’m close enough price-wise to seriously considering the LTT 92 Elite (Full Size). It’s a nice looking handgun and checks a lot of boxes for me but I’m having a hard time figuring out what role it would fill for me. Its certainly not cheap, it seems pretty heavy for a CCW, and for a home defense weapon I prefer a firearm in a rifle or shotgun caliber. I really can’t justify the price if it doesn't have a practical use.

If you own one of these do you use it for anything more than a range gun?
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Not the full size but the Centurion and I carry it.

Carried it.  Just got an LTT PX4 CC in to take over my Beretta carrying duties.  The PX4 CC was my "yay I got an FFL gun"

I still primarily carry Glocks since they're cheap and if one gets taken, it's $400 to replace.  Just found out Glock will sell me two guns a year direct!  No need to drive 45 mins to my blue label dealer anymore.

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m a fan of the Beretta 92 and considered a 92fs but after upgrading to night sights and metal parts I’m close enough price-wise to seriously considering the LTT 92 Elite (Full Size). It’s a nice looking handgun and checks a lot of boxes for me but I’m having a hard time figuring out what role it would fill for me. Its certainly not cheap, it seems pretty heavy for a CCW, and for a home defense weapon I prefer a firearm in a rifle or shotgun caliber. I really can’t justify the price if it doesn't have a practical use.

If you own one of these do you use it for anything more than a range gun?
View Quote

I have a 92G Elite LTT that I picked up used a couple months ago. It is in great shape. I bought it just to have it because I knew of the work that Langdon Tactical put into making these great shooting pistols. It will pretty much be a range toy and not much else. I also recently picked up a really nice used Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical that will not see a lot of range time. Yesterday, I added a new M9A4 to my Beretta collection. None of my 13 Berettas see much range time. I do have an older 92FS that is part of my SHTF loadout. BTW, my EDC is a Kimber Pro Carry 1911.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I OC my RDO ltt sometimes in public. Just depends on where I’m going.  It is also in the woods carry rotation depending on what I’m doing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My BrigTac and LTT NP3 spec'd 92C are in my carry rotation.  Just depends on the weather and what I'm wearing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll owb cc my LTT Elite full size with TLR-1HL under a hoodie sometimes.

The G43/TLR-6, grip chopped G19/RM06/TLR-7A, G45/RM06/TLR-7A, and G34/TLR-1HL all get more belt time though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Not an LTT but I used to carry my m9a1 every day when it was the only gun I had. It’s doable and a very capable gun.

Would not recommend switching from a DA/SA gun to any other trigger system though (since you presumably have other guns). From personal experience, mastering DA/SA at a high level takes a lot of practice, and isn’t something you’d wanna switch back and forth using.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry an LTT daily AIWB.

Man up, OP.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Haven’t had it for long, but I’m also an LTT Centurion owner who plans to carry it AIWB along with shoot it during local competitions. It’s such an amazing pistol, not using it would be a real shame!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I too have an Ltt Elite np3 RDO full size with a tlr-1hl and SRO. I figure if I ever need to legitimately strap on body armor and helmet then that's the pistol I'm strapping on my side. But I wear it out on my family's land and sometimes in the winter under a sweatshirt. It's easily my favorite pistol (which is really a compliment over my Tanfoglio). One of my favorite practices with it is to shoot the requal course I'm required to demonstrate with my duty pistol. I like seeing how much faster and more accurately I can do it with the LTT. It feels like cheating. Wish I could carry it at work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been eyeballing one of these with a threaded barrel for a dedicated suppressor host.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I AIWB my full size Elite LTT practically every day.

The M9 is currently being..."upgraded" but will be in the rotation once done as well.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#12]
It’s a great gun for Production or SSP.

You can do a simple dovetail mount optic and have a CCO gun.

You can throw on a light and have a great home defense pistol.

It’s not ideal CC for most situations / weather / clothing, but will do.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone should have a SHTF/open carry/BBQ/woods full size service pistol. I think the 92 series with a light is perfect for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top