Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2018 8:57:31 AM EDT
Has anyone done a V1 to LEM conversion?   Parts are easy to get but it is impossible to find HK armorers online.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've done two HK45's and a P30L to LEM.  It's not real difficult if you have documentation for the orientation of the parts, or another gun to look at.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
There are videos and documentation online.

I haven't done the conversion, but I did a full detail strip of my HK45.  I even managed to reassemble it correctly.  It's harder to do then a Glock, but not any harder than a Ruger Mk III.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are videos and documentation online.

I haven't done the conversion, but I did a full detail strip of my HK45.  I even managed to reassemble it correctly.  It's harder to do then a Glock, but not any harder than a Ruger Mk III.
View Quote
Same with an HK45CT. Easier than my P07 IIRC. While it's doable without, you're gonna want to go ahead and pony up for the trigger return spring tool from hkparts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have done several.  Not simple, but no fitting or filing required, it is straight up armorer work.   The LEM system is harder to learn than installing Glock parts or most trigger groups for sure.  And yes if you are going to do the trigger return spring you need the tool.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are open to paying shop rates and shipping, Bruce Gray is the go to HK guy.
https://grayguns.com/
https://grayguns.com/
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s definitely doable, but you’ve got to pay close attention to a YouTube video and have some tools such as punches and some sort of pick with a hook ending. There are some tricky parts in there, but it’s not impossible if you’re patient.

Be warned that if you convert a P30 V3 (DA/SA) to LEM, you’re going to have a gap in the rear of the frame where the decocker used to be.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I think the "gap"  is a non issue, but if it really bothers you, you can use the de-cocker with the LEM trigger.

My P30L that I converted to LEM, with the "gap".  It's also the V4.1 LEM, that I tend to prefer over the others.  I also don't like the "light" LEM.

Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#8]
wife got me the conversion kit for X-mas last year. HKparts.net had them in stock.

Local gunsmith installed the kit for me, but he put the wrong hammer spring in the gun and it caused light primer strikes. I took it back and he had it fixed in under 5 minutes. I must have shot over 300 rounds before I was confident with the gun again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with most here, but just to add I've done it as well. I've done it on a USP and a P30L; the USP you can buy a kit whereas the P30 you need to piece-part it together. The P30 will leave a small gap as per above but it's a non-issue. Over 16k through mine since the conversion.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
MosinVirus on You Tube has a couple of excellent video's on detail stripping the USP series. I haven't looked to see if he's done other models.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top