Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2019 4:44:40 PM EDT
One of my LCP 2 magazines no longer holds the slide open after 4 trips to the range, and was told I shouldn't keep magazines loaded or the gun "cocked" when not in use, because tension on springs is bad, and it's unsafe to store it "cocked."

So I guess I need to load my magazines and rack it directly prior to a CCW engagement.

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One of my LCP 2 magazines no longer holds the slide open after 4 trips to the range, and was told I shouldn't keep magazines loaded or the gun "cocked" when not in use, because tension on springs is bad, and it's unsafe to store it "cocked."

So I guess I need to load my magazines and rack it directly prior to a CCW engagement.

View Quote

My LCPII extractor froze which wouldn't allow the pistol to go into battery. One phone call later they sent me a shipping label. Sent it off to Arizona and got it back 4-5 days later. It has a new slide and barrel and they even threw in a cleaning cloth.

Tell me again how the costumer service failed you?

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My LCPII extractor froze which wouldn't allow the pistol to go into battery. One phone call later they sent me a shipping label. Sent it off to Arizona and got it back 4-5 days later. It has a new slide and barrel and they even threw in a cleaning cloth.

Tell me again how the costumer service failed you?

View Quote
Instead of addressing the issue, they told me the gun wasn't meant to stay cocked when not shooting, and the magazines aren't meant to stay loaded.

Then when I asked for clarification they went radio silent.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
really sounds like you have one bad mag follower. Could order one for $2 and move on with your life?
Not everyone in customer service should be.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
really sounds like you have one bad mag follower. Could order one for $2 and move on with your life?
Not everyone in customer service should be.
View Quote
Nope, it was the spring.

Alarmingly, 2 of the 4 magazines I keep loaded now do the same thing.

So either the customer service rep was correct and the magazines (at least the ones I have) aren't at rest when compressed and are in fact over compressed when loaded, or he was wrong and something else had caused it and I have two bad magazines.

When I replied and asked for clarification, they stopped responding.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Put Wolf + power springs and move on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top