Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2019 8:04:43 AM EDT
I don’t know if the name has been used before, but I’m going with it.

My daughter likes the LC9s, but wanted a purple one .
Anything I guess, if it’ll get her to carry it.

I removed the magazine and frame safeties, which is really easy to do, making the gun esentually an LC9s  Pro.
Neither modification is permanent nor affects trigger pull.

I also made a plug to fill in the gap left by the frame safety. That’ll get a coat of black paint to match the other controls and pins
once the resin fully cures.

After that the only thing left is to bedazzle the slide.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Fill job looks good!  At least she's willing to carry.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I removed the magazine and frame safeties, which is really easy to do, making the gun esentually an LC9s  Pro.

I also made a plug to fill in the gap left by the frame safety. That’ll get a coat of black paint to match the other controls and pins

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34600/89BD14D3-CAEC-4C0A-973B-4B5F5CAB55DA_jpeg-847086.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34600/FC252506-007B-460D-A98D-06764AE17864_jpeg-847891.JPG
View Quote
I will be that guy.  I do not think I would trust the lc9s without a safety.  Trigger pull is pretty light and fairly short. It's not a 1911 but it's no where near as heavy or long as most Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be that guy.  I do not think I would trust the lc9s without a safety.  Trigger pull is pretty light and fairly short. It's not a 1911 but it's no where near as heavy or long as most Glocks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34600/89BD14D3-CAEC-4C0A-973B-4B5F5CAB55DA_jpeg-847086.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34600/FC252506-007B-460D-A98D-06764AE17864_jpeg-847891.JPG
I agree. I plan on carrying my EC9s AIWB when I'm wearing drawstring pants/shorts. Or in my pocket.

But... I won't scold anyone for what they do.

Honestly, the older and slower I get, the more I like external safeties.  Nothing to turn it off but an added layer of safety, say when I'm reholstering, and my eyes don't catch that lil bit of tshirt hanging up in the trigger.

But we all vary,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top