Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 1:18:39 PM EDT
Carrying professionally for 27 years and never had a conventional kydex holster.  Had Safariland 6004, Raptor, Serpa CQC, AlienGear hybrid, but never a kydex gun taco. Always thought the tolerances needed would make them bulkier than the expensive leather that I always bought.  Got a cheapie kydex taco IWB off Etsy for a subcompact I carry about half the time because the old style spring steel clip on my Bianchi Professional 100 would bite into clothing and car seat. Sooo thin and the modern style clip is deeper so it doesn't stick out at the bottom.  Not the purdiest holster but it fits well in all the right places and didn't cost $100 like most of my leather ones. Doesn't eat into my hip like I thought plastic would either.  Summer will be interesting though, curious how the sweat factor will differ with kydex.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at a company called Vedder holsters. I use their light truck and get the carbon fiber holstex kydex. Most comfortable iwb holster ever. IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at a company called Vedder holsters. I use their light truck and get the carbon fiber holstex kydex. Most comfortable iwb holster ever. IMHO.
View Quote
If this $32 one craps out I'll have to check them out.  I don't use the tuckable feature on holsters but the light tuck is the closest equivalent of what I picked up but near twice the price.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
JM Custom Kydex. Doesn’t have the soul of leather, but superior in all other respects. Sweat is a non-issue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Kydex has been around for longer than 27 years, so I suppose you just weren't looking hard enough
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kydex has been around for longer than 27 years, so I suppose you just weren't looking hard enough
View Quote
Knew about it, just dismissed it as hard and uncomfy ..  I'm going to get something low profile OWB in kydex next for my full size.  I don't like how some of the OWB's look like two square sheets riveted together...way too much material there...

Much better:

Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Kydex everything. Too many options to even list. My current holsters are JMCK and NSR. I prefer two attachment point holsters. Pull the dots if you dont need a tuck feature.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use Vedder lighttuck also, I like the adjustments in the belt clip and inside seems smoother than cheaper kydex holsters. They carry my Commanders well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Knew about it, just dismissed it as hard and uncomfy ..  I'm going to get something low profile OWB in kydex next for my full size.  I don't like how some of the OWB's look like two square sheets riveted together...way too much material there...
View Quote
If you're looking for minimalist OWB, the RCS Perun (polymer instead of kydex) is a good solution.

Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yup, every day. Glad i found it 10-15 years ago.

I still love and use horsehide at times. Good leather really doesn't have the failings most people report but most people buy junk leather.
Attachment Attached File

Or
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yup, every day. Glad i found it 10-15 years ago.

I still love and use horsehide at times. Good leather really doesn't have the failings most people report but most people buy junk leather.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20200105_203156_jpg-1268232.JPG
Or
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1268233.JPG
View Quote
Tech, not GD.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Friends don't let friends buy shitty leather.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/367948/IMAG0393_jpg-1268363.JPG
View Quote
Yep... got mine all the way from Slovakia for my Slav pistol...

My new kydex one... for the first time AIWB is sort of comfortable..might try it more often.

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#12]
FIST holsters make iwb holsters in ultra thin kydex and thwy are super easy to carry.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
JM Custom Kydex. Doesn’t have the soul of leather, but superior in all other respects. Sweat is a non-issue.
View Quote
This.

JM Custom all the things!!

Its about all I use, with one KT Mech in the rotation for owb a glock 17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top