Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 9:43:45 AM EDT
I have an old set of King's Harball sights on a WWII Remington-Rand slide I came into maybe ten years ago or so. I was given no details on when they were installed, but it was my understanding this was an old police department gun from the 1950s. Does anyone know when King's first came out with the Hardball sights? I am asking because I have been pondering installing USGI sights on the slide, and just wanted to get some more info on the King's before I do anything.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I had then back in the late 70s
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
They used to run an advertisement in gun rags with a picture of a 1911 and the dates that they released all of their parts.  The l'll try to find one when I get off work.  Or you might be able to Google an image of it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe they were at one time called King Tappen sights.  good stuff, made long before crap mim parts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like big beavertails and King's used to make what they called a wide grip safety. It stopped hammer bite with spur hammers and spread out the recoil a little.

I used to have one along with the Hardball sights and they were great. Should never have sold the gun they were on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have an old set of King's Harball sights on a WWII Remington-Rand slide I came into maybe ten years ago or so. I was given no details on when they were installed, but it was my understanding this was an old police department gun from the 1950s. Does anyone know when King's first came out with the Hardball sights? I am asking because I have been pondering installing USGI sights on the slide, and just wanted to get some more info on the King's before I do anything.
View Quote

Like this?

I bought about 5-6 of these 18-20 years ago right before King's went out of business.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Put a set on my 38 Super Commander in the 90s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top