Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 12:46:31 PM EDT
Anyone have one yet?  I am an absolute sucker for three inch revolvers and the KC has my eye.  Price tag is giving me pause however.

I already  have Smith, Manurhin, and  Ruger in three inch.  Come to think of it, have a Charter Bulldog and Pathfinder in three inch as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Have about 200 rounds through mine.  Love it.

Be advised it is Sp101-sized, which threw me off at first, but all steel gun handles what little  full power 357 I've thrown at it pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my custom Colt Agent, with a 3" Detective Special barrel, and an XS Sights BigDot installed, it weighs 16oz.

I'll be getting a 3" New Cobra so I can shoot magnums and use my current leather gear.

Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a King Cobra 3” and really like it.  Great trigger right out of the box.  Uses “DS” sized HKS speedloaders same as the cobra and detective special.

The fixed sights are perfect for a carry gun.  If you haven’t broken adjustable sights then you haven’t done much with them.  Fixed sights belong on serious guns.  I will admit that the brass bead up front takes a minute to get used to but it is quite good.

In full disclosure I did break it pretty early.  The transfer bar safety flag broke on mine.  Called Colt and they sent me a new part right away.  Half an hour at the gunsmith and she’s back to 100%.

The KC is the gun I carry most often.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is my KC. I added the night sight Colt sells and the Altamont grips. It's a little stiff with .357's and the wooden grip. This gun is growing on me. It has a high price tag but the trigger is amazing. I've been carrying it every chance I get.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Have one & it's in my carry rotation. I got a good deal on it as my dealer lost the fucking box. He thinks someone stole it at a gun show, that may have happened.

I too love the 3" guns.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I also have one.  I swapped the brass bead front sight out with a tritium version.  It's an easy swap since it uses a .05 allen screw to retain the sight.

It can be a big punishing with .357s with heavier bullets, but I really like the 135 gr. Gold Dots.  I've tried a number of defense loads and that's what worked best for me.  Of course, you might like something else.

I really like mine and it's in my carry rotation, just like previous posters.  It's light and conceals well.

I like those Altamont stocks the previous poster has.  I might have to check those out!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I really have my eye on the 3" new KC, but I don't like the dog turd style grips.

Apparently old (Gen 1) KC grips don't fit. Altamont grips are similar but wood. I would really like some Trooper or Lawman style grips on the KC 3"...anybody know anyone who sells such a thing? Or if the KC Target grips fit and are available for the KC 3"?

That's the only thing holding me back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top