Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2020 9:09:10 AM EDT
I got $1000 for it.  It was in nice shape.  All matching but the grips and the magazine was after market. I told him all that to make him aware of the condition.

He was one that ogled over it, telling me how much he couldn't wait to add it too his collection

That was about a month ago.  I saw the same gun in a case on consignment. It had bee rebarreled to 9mm and the price was listed at $2400

It was listed as all matching.  I don't think he was aware about how educated Luger Collectors are. Especially when the price is that high.

I bet he won't even get the $1000 out of it.  I hate people like that. Liars trying to deceive others
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
So now collector Commercials will go up in value more. I take it this was a 4 digit alphabet Luger?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#2]
So what is a number matching 1918 luger worth now with some finish wear but not refinished and in 9mm along with the holster, extra mag and tool? 4 digit is 1060, old style eagle and a couple crowns over a stylized D or S as near as I can tell along with another crown over some other mark.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad thing is that while Luger collectors might be knowledgeable, there are even more people out there who are not and want to buy one.

Probably selling it on consignment to try and avoid face to face contact with a buyer and to try and keep some deniability/ avoid someone who would want a refund.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why I’m waiting to buy my first from the guys in Galesburg.

Just too many details I’ll never be up to date on.
Sad the experts and smiths on these are dwindling.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
This is why I’m waiting to buy my first from the guys in Galesburg.

Just too many details I’ll never be up to date on.
Sad the experts and smiths on these are dwindling.
View Quote

Legacy Collectables in PA. has better prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top