Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2020 8:02:53 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with the K6s DASA?  Either 3 or 4” is calling to me.

What speedloaders does it use?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to a gun store yesterday and tried the trigger on a DASA.  Felt surprisingly good.  I like the recessed cylinder, too.

Now to figure out exactly which variant I want (and can get).  My LGS tells me that the 4” Combat DASA is not available.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I just started looking at the K6s the other day. The reviews on it seem vey good as far as function and stuff. I've also heard about the great trigger it has. I'm just wondering how much different it will be to my snubbie stainless SP101 DAO in 357. Although I must admit the extra round is nice.
I think my main reason for wanting it, though, is that it just looks really, really cool.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The local Sportsman's Warehouse has one with the 3" barrel, just over $1K before tax (9.8%).  The trigger was great, and it surprised me how much I liked it.  

Still, that's a lot of money for a revolver.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#4]
Not a lot of traffic in here, so posting a pic of my DASA with the Hogue grips and target sights installed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:59:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: davestoll] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
Not a lot of traffic in here, so posting a pic of my DASA with the Hogue grips and target sights installed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/K6Sh_jpg-2076056.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/K6Sg_jpg-2076058.JPG
View Quote

If you don't mind, where did you obtain the Hogue grips and target sights for you K6s DASA?  I have a 2" DASA that I purchased from KY Gun Company in August 2020.

ETA: I see that the target sights are available from the Kimber Shop. Couldn't find anything on the Hogue DASA grips.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By davestoll:

If you don't mind, where did you obtain the Hogue grips and target sights for you K6s DASA?  I have a 2" DASA that I purchased from KY Gun Company in August 2020.

ETA: I see that the target sights are available from the Kimber Shop. Couldn't find anything on the Hogue DASA grips.
View Quote

Yes, the sights were from Kimber.  The old sights were not easy to get out, I ended up taking it to a gunsmith who had to saw the rear sight to get it out, so expect that.

The grips were right from the Hogue site.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Yes, the sights were from Kimber.  The old sights were not easy to get out, I ended up taking it to a gunsmith who had to saw the rear sight to get it out, so expect that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By davestoll:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a set of the Hogue grips for my 3" DASA. Very nice. Got go shoot it yesterday. Absorbs the recoil nicely.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I just purchased the 4" k6s target.
I can see a lot of nice 38 special being run threw this.
Action feels great.
Good adjustable sights.
Wish it was higher polished than the rugeresque scratcheety belt sander job.

Would it be wrong to search out someone to mill the barrel into a half lug?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's my 3" K6s.  My buddy has one.  I liked it, so I got one!  Love it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rhinodog:
Here's my 3" K6s.  My buddy has one.  I liked it, so I got one!  Love it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44525/KIMBER_K6S_jpg-2376363.JPG
View Quote

Yup, no pics yet, but I got the same thing about 2 months ago. Put Hogue grips like a few posts above on it, next are the target sights. They're expensive, part of that is due to not having any MIM parts. Thank you Buds, and Uncle Sam for the tax refund! Lol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a DAO 3".  It's by far the highest quality revolver I own.  The only exception is the short ejector rod.  On the longer barrel lengths it should have a full-length ejector.  I see Kimber announced a K6xs alloy frame.  I don't thing it looks quite as nice as the standard models, but options are good.

The Firearm Blog
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
A shop not too far from me has two in the used case.  $699.  I've been tempted.  I'll be there this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
A shop not too far from me has two in the used case.  $699.  I've been tempted.  I'll be there this weekend.
View Quote

And it’s mine now.   Interesting rig.  I think I’m going to like this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GySgt_D] [#15]
I put the front sight of mine to the belt grinder yesterday.  The pistol was shooting two inches low at 10 yards, and I had been considering for months whether to just put some adjustable target sights on it.  All the comments about the original sights being vy difficult to remove kinda quashed that idea.

Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to bring it to the range to try it out.

Otherwise, I really like the thing.  It carries so well, being slim.

Getting a trigger spring kit was well-worth the $35, btw.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve shot a buddy’s. It seems quite nice and has an excellent trigger. If RDS mounts were available, I’d have bought one by now. I’ll probably get one of the new alloy snubs, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
I’ve shot a buddy’s. It seems quite nice and has an excellent trigger. If RDS mounts were available, I’d have bought one by now. I’ll probably get one of the new alloy snubs, anyway.
View Quote

I'd like to see an RDS mount too, but probably unlikely outside of something custom.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

I'd like to see an RDS mount too, but probably unlikely outside of something custom.
View Quote

Yeah, I think you’re right. For me, carrying a stainless .357 6-shooter (as opposed to a 442 or LCR in the pocket) would be a on the belt thing, so it would make sense to maximize shootability, especially since it has such a nice trigger, and a hammer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought one so I could post in the revolver month thread. As mentioned, the trigger is really nice.
I got speed loaders directly from Kimber.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Is have a 3” DASA and a 2” regular.  Both triggers are pretty awesome out of the box but they are so very different from one another.  The machining is very well done and finish are very well done.  I put larger combat grips on the DASA which is what should have come from the factory.  My biggest gripe is the DASA and the regular K6S do not share the same grip frame or grips.  I have a set of Kimber marked speed loaders that work ok, not my favorite but do the job.  Colt DS HKS will work but they are slightly oversized so I choose to stick with the Kimber ones.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm (not so) patiently waiting for VZ to produce some G10 grips for this thing.

The factory grips are way too small.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I have one and keep forgetting I have it because it's only been to the range once.  I've been concentrating on 45 and 5.56 so I have very little ammo for it.  I love mine.  I was dinging the steel flip target at any reasonable HD range with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I gave up waiting on G10 grips (I find the Lok grips to be hideous), and just put a cheap Hogue Monogrip on it.

While they look straight outta the early 90's, they are much more comfortable when shooting full-house handloads.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I have both a 2” K6 DASA and a 3” KS6.

The DA triggers on both are excellent and the SA trigger isn’t necessary even for longer range shots.

Kimber makes speed loaders for it, and they look a lot like the 5 Star speed loaders made for the K6 except the knob is a little taller and turns counterclockwise to release the rounds.

The 5 Star speed loaders use a clockwise release, the same as the HKS speed loaders.

HKS “DS” speed loaders made for the Colt Detective work fine in the K6 revovlers.

Both the K6S and K6 DASA both benefit from Hogue rubber grips, particularly with full power .357 Magnum loads.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:

The DA triggers on both are excellent and the SA trigger isn’t necessary even for longer range shots.

Kimber makes speed loaders for it, and they look a lot like the 5 Star speed loaders made for the K6 except the knob is a little taller and turns counterclockwise to release the rounds.

The 5 Star speed loaders use a clockwise release, the same as the HKS speed loaders.

HKS “DS” speed loaders made for the Colt Detective work fine in the K6 revovlers.

Both the K6S and K6 DASA both benefit from Hogue rubber grips, particularly with full power .357 Magnum loads.
View Quote

Link to speed loader?  I didn't know one existed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Those K6s revolvers look great.   I will be looking for the snubie 2" dasa in a couple of weeks.   Are the sights difficult to swap out?   How are stock?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#27]
This is my K6, there are many like it...

With Altamont grips
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#28]
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:

https://store.kimberamerica.com/k6s-speedloader-revolver

Cheaper and in stock here: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kimber-6s-357-magnum-38-special-speedloader.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top