Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 8:39:40 PM EDT
Hey guys. I need help finding a place to buy a replacement external extractor for my Kimber Stainless II. My gun has about 1500 rounds through it and has been flawless but I know the factory extractor is MIM. I would like to buy one milled as a backup when the factory piece finally fails. Any ideas on where to locate?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Kimber was replacing the whole top end of external extractor 1911s.  I would look into the route.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
Kimber was replacing the whole top end of external extractor 1911s.  I would look into the route.
View Quote
Indeed, I bought a second hand Pro TLE with the external extractor that ran like shit. Kimber put a new top end on it for free, and it ran like a top afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:
Indeed, I bought a second hand Pro TLE with the external extractor that ran like shit. Kimber put a new top end on it for free, and it ran like a top afterwards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:
Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
I had a tactical pro with the external extractor and it would bounce brass off of my forehead and jam if it wasn't perfectly clean and lubed. After finishing a range session with blood dripping off of my face from a crescent shaped cut on my forehead I sent it back. Kimber replaced the slide with an internal extractor slide for no charge. Ran great after that and was very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top