Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2019 10:55:28 AM EDT
Anyone think this is a problem?  I'm not say this is what did it, but 5 days and maybe 1000 rounds, it's dead.

Initially, it started flickering and I though wow that battery didn't last long, so I pulled it off the plate and one of the ground ( I think it's a ground ) tabs was laying on the plate the battery fell out and the other tab was hanging.  This kind of stuff usually only happens to my brother. Called Trijicon yesterday and they should have it back today and let me know what's up hopefully.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Almost looks like the battery popped out as it was being tightened onto the gun and smashed the tabs as the battery recessed into the pocket as Rmr body was screwed down.

Pretty certain that is what happened. Look at the remaining tab - it's twisted just as it would be in above situation.

You have to slide the battery in opposite the battery contacts - not press it down.

RMRs can fail, but this looks like operator error. Trijicon has good customer service typically.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No sealing plate. Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost looks like the battery popped out as it was being tightened onto the gun and smashed the tabs as the battery recessed into the pocket as Rmr body was screwed down.

Pretty certain that is what happened. Look at the remaining tab - it's twisted just as it would be in above situation.

You have to slide the battery in opposite the battery contacts - not press it down.

RMRs can fail, but this looks like operator error. Trijicon has good customer service typically.
View Quote
I didn’t install it, CZ custom cut the slide and installed the RMR. I never took it off until it failed, but it was all of the sudden, If those tabs were smashed between the upper contacts and the battery it never would have worked in the first place. I don’t think anyways.

That remaining tab was just barely hanging on, when I did flip the unit over it was where it was supposed to be, just broken.

I did order a sealing plate for when the unit returns i didn’t know the type 2’s needed one, but I’m more concerned with the plate and the gap. Waiting on CZC.

ETA: CZC is sending out a new plate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent mine back today. Shot it and the zero jumped. Out won't adjust now. This is the 6th one I've broken.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sent mine back today. Shot it and the zero jumped. Out won't adjust now. This is the 6th one I've broken.
View Quote
The 6th one? lol you’re doing something wrong.
Either you don’t know how to mount it or you’re not sure how to work it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe it was on a 500 S&W
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
My RMR is on the way back, they said it was a faulty electronics unit, they’ve seen it before.  They replaced the electronics and updated the emitter support. The update must be new, the unit was made in March.

The new CZC mounting plate is installed
I have the Trijicon sealing plate
RMR will be here tomorrow

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top