Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/20/2021 5:45:12 PM EDT
Looking to carry while backpacking.

I got a g19 with a tlr7 (I know not the best woods gun but better than a sharp stick but not in Grizzly country)

anyone have any experience with the Kenai chest holster with a pack?  Does it start to rub or become uncomfortable anywhere?  Still works while wearing it with a chest strap?  Pressure spots while wearing a pack for the whole day?  Other options?

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used it but looks cool. I have a hill people gear chest bag I use that's a bit more concealed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear one every day, walking my dog here in Kodiak. Carry a Glock 20. Very comfortable and handy
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought his Diamond D leather chest holster when he started making them.  I have it for my 4" model 29, I've worn a full size pack over it all day and never experienced any rough spots or discomfort at all.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have hundreds of miles with a glock 20 or a 629PD both in Kenai holsters.  I really like them.  I haven't had any issues with chaffing, being inaccessible or uncomfortable.  What  I really like is that I have the gun with me on breaks, or lunch stops when I drop my pack.  All my prior systems have been attached to the backpack instead of me, and would frequently be left behind whenever dropping my pack.  I have also taken to keeping a esse 4 and a ferro rod attached to the left side of the chest strap.  I don't even notice it there, unless I need one of them.  Having a fixed blade in an easy out of the way cross draw has been super handy. This system has been great for several years now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Dammit now I want a esse knife too.

appreciate the responses. Was also looking at the leather type chest holsters but the kenai looks like it's better for a smaller gun. And I agree on not wanting a holster that goes on the pack. Seems like a great way to have a bad story in the backcountry when your gun isn't on you
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't used it but looks cool. I have a hill people gear chest bag I use that's a bit more concealed.
View Quote

@Wattles  This is what I use too for running or outdoors stuff with the kids if I'm not carrying aiwb.  I can fit a 19 w/tlr7a in my runners kit bag, its a tight fit, but I can make it work.  Spare mag stays in my normal aiwb location though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at the HPG Kit Bag.  There are ways to integrate it with a backpack as one unit.  

Plus provides more upfront storage for thing you may have to take you pack off for to access otherwise.  

Very well built gear.  

HILL PEOPLE GEAR
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
G20SF while hiking or backpacking.  

Bianchi M12

Safe, secure, inexpensive, effective, and faster.  Also allows heat to escape out the front of you.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought his Diamond D leather chest holster when he started making them.  I have it for my 4" model 29, I've worn a full size pack over it all day and never experienced any rough spots or discomfort at all.

View Quote

Elmer Keith would approve
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Safe, secure, inexpensive, effective, and faster.  Also allows heat to escape out the front of you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Packinsnow3_png-1950219.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Holster_png-1950220.JPG
View Quote

Those are one of the all time greats in hard outdoor use holsters but I'd have to dispute the "faster" comment at least for me. I agree on your other points. And there's a revolver version.
But it doesn't address the "still have my gun on when I have the pack off" thing.
Chest holsters in warm or hot weather are a no go for me.
Nice sig line.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those are one of the all time greats in hard outdoor use holsters but I'd have to dispute the "faster" comment at least for me. I agree on your other points. And there's a revolver version.
But it doesn't address the "still have my gun on when I have the pack off" thing.
Nice sig line.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.

You can attach the drop leg part and attach it to your belt. Raise it up and its not much lower than wearing it on the pack.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Fwiw i keep my gun aiwb when backpacking.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice sig line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.

I tried a chest holster, and have friends who are more serious backpackers who have tried camera pouches on the front- all stopped using them because while it sucks to sweat under your backpack, it's exponentially worse to sweat back and front.  I need one side open to vent some heat/moisture.  

To address the "still have my gun on when I have the pack off" thing: I day-hike and backpack- never worried about the few moments the gun is nearby during a pack-off break along the trail.  

As for in camp, an example- I've hiked in to the Wonder Mountain Wilderness where there are no trails in or within the wilderness area.  In other words, you navigate overland without the benefit of a trail to follow.  You do that for 7-8 hours to reach the lake.  The lake up there is spectacular and there are bears; had one come near the tents at night.  Still, I was never worried and never bothered to take the gun off the pack the entire three days I was up there.   I have never subscribed to the idea that as soon as you leave the paved surface every critter is waiting to attack you.  It just isn't that way.  

Here in WA we have two mountain ranges- the Cascades and the Olympic- and during the warmer months there are thousands of hikers crawling all over thousands of acres of National Forest, National Park, Wilderness Areas, and State forest lands.  The vast majority (I estimate 95% or more) are unarmed.  It's been decades since I've heard of a bear attack, and the last one I heard about was in a suburban neighborhood on trash night.

Seriously, enjoy your hiking.  You're going into the forest, not combat.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I tried a chest holster, and have friends who are more serious backpackers who have tried camera pouches on the front- all stopped using them because while it sucks to sweat under your backpack, it's exponentially worse to sweat back and front.  I need one side open to vent some heat/moisture.  

To address the "still have my gun on when I have the pack off" thing: I day-hike and backpack- never worried about the few moments the gun is nearby during a pack-off break along the trail.  

As for in camp, an example- I've hiked in to the Wonder Mountain Wilderness where there are no trails in or within the wilderness area.  In other words, you navigate overland without the benefit of a trail to follow.  You do that for 7-8 hours to reach the lake.  The lake up there is spectacular and there are bears; had one come near the tents at night.  Still, I was never worried and never bothered to take the gun off the pack the entire three days I was up there.   I have never subscribed to the idea that as soon as you leave the paved surface every critter is waiting to attack you.  It just isn't that way.  

Here in WA we have two mountain ranges- the Cascades and the Olympic- and during the warmer months there are thousands of hikers crawling all over thousands of acres of National Forest, National Park, Wilderness Areas, and State forest lands.  The vast majority (I estimate 95% or more) are unarmed.  It's been decades since I've heard of a bear attack, and the last one I heard about was in a suburban neighborhood on trash night.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/MeBluff03_jpg-1952056.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Sunrise04_jpg-1952063.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/LakeShot01_jpg-1952066.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/MeBluff03_jpg-1952056.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Sunrise04_jpg-1952063.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/LakeShot01_jpg-1952066.JPG

I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong guy but that's fine

I was simply replying to the OP's posted needs/wants, not listing mine.
But I'll throw this in: processing game in predator country is seldom done with a pack on but often done with a sidearm on.
Every time I've needed a firearm badly, there was no memo issued beforehand, the situation happened fast and out of the blue so I have no problem with OP or anyone else wanting the gun on them all the time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah to be honest I'm not sure how much I really want to carry when I backpack.  Did the colorado trail unarmed and never even kinda wished I had a gun.  On the other hand, had my spare tire stolen from underneath my truck at a trailhead, getting more and more weirdos out here everyday.  I think I'm really trying to justify spending money on gun stuff
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But I'll throw this in: processing game in predator country...
View Quote
Well, I suppose if I were to backpack with warm blood up to my elbows I might be more concerned with keeping the sidearm at the ready, but since I don't I'm OK with the pistol 10 or 15 feet away when the pack is taking a break.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, I suppose if I were to backpack with warm blood up to my elbows I might be more concerned with keeping the sidearm at the ready, but since I don't I'm OK with the pistol 10 or 15 feet away when the pack is taking a break.  
View Quote

I had a similar opinion until a few years ago.  Three incidences, one with people and two with bears all happening in the same summer changed my mind.   There is nothing quite like finishing pumping water at the edge of a lake and turning around to find a bear sitting like a dog next to your backpack, 30 feet away and curiously watching you, to make you rethink the leave it on the pack system.  I have come to the conclusion that unless it is attached to me, or in my pockets, I really don't get to claim it as mine anymore.   I keep enough stuff with me that if I am separated from my pack I still have enough gear (including my firearm) to make the trip out.  Experiences and country vary, and everyone has to find that balance of comfort and security.  Do what works for you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#18]
In my experience the people who hold to "always have a gun on me, period", and I'm in that group, are usually people who've experienced a situation where they really wanted a gun but it was out of reach.

The flip side as well, people who say "you're going hiking, not into combat", haven't had one of those moments and based on their past experience assume that they and others never will.

It's the same with spare ammo, some folks are content with 5 rounds in a j frame and no reload, anybody that's had an empty gun in hand, wishing for more ammo looks at the situation from a completely different perspective.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have the HPG Runner's (more inconspicuous than the molle covered options). Fits/wears just fine under a pack.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't speak to hiking, but...

I carry a G20 in a Kenai chest rig while on the motorcycles, often with a hydration pack with chest strap.

I've done multiple 1,000+ mile rides with it on for days on end and I've never been bothered by it in the least.  I pretty much forget it's there.

The Kenai straps are very thin in thickness- think seatbelt dimensions- and the holster is stable even during spirited riding and light off-pavement.

The ventilation aspects are different at speed, but even under gear I haven't had issues.  The second pic was in East Texas with a 118 degree heat index.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I don’t backpack, but it works damn well with a tree stand on your back.

Probably should have added, the Diamond D Guides Choice is a better option if you go heavier than a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd be more worried about 2 legged threats than 4 in any environment.

If legit worried about bears - carry a 45-70 or 12
gauge slugs.

disclaimer:  no bears near me
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Also look at Survival Sheath Systems. I have owned several of Robert's chest rigs they're very nice:

https://www.survivalsheath.com/collections/holsters/products/the-chest-rig
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Do y'all carry spare mags with the Kenai?  If so, where?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep. What he said.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don’t backpack, but it works damn well with a tree stand on your back. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/F668B0BE-E57D-4CE5-A5F6-C75EAC7F2E15-1958910.jpg

Probably should have added, the Diamond D Guides Choice is a better option if you go heavier than a Glock.
View Quote

Would you be able to elaborate on your choice of the Diamond D over the Gunfighters Inc?  I've been seriously eyeballing these two models for toting a Glock 40 (bigass long slide 10mm) on occasion when wandering around the farm, posting property, hunting sasquatch, etc... It's not like I'm mountain climbing with the thing but I want solid quality and a product that will be comfortable all day, ESPECIALLY with a bigger gun.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

View Quote

This.  I just carry in a holster when hiking.  Ohio is open carry and I stay to the right on the trails when passing people and so far, years of hiking, no one has noticed or said anything.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#30]
No experience with chest rigs but I do use a Hill People Gear chest pack

Only 2 legged threats here but I’ve been very pleased with it.

Usually has G26, spare mag, Spyderco, small Surefire, cellphone

Main use is trail running or hiking
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I love my Hill People Gear chest bag. Great and also keeps a few nice essentials up close (a snack bar and space to shove a light beanie when I warm up).
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nice sig line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.
if it's like mine, the attachment system can be removed in 5 seconds and clipped onto any belt in 3 seconds
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#34]
NC has plenty of black bears and a long bear hunt season. Generally with black bears, just don't get near a mommy with cubs and you will be okay. I still like to be armed all of the time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#35]
a lot of serial killers roam the countryside and a lot of people disappear while hiking as a result. paul harrel has several stories where some shady individual tried to stalk and kill him. in one incident they tried to run his wife over and he headshotted the guy
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
if it's like mine, the attachment system can be removed in 5 seconds and clipped onto any belt in 3 seconds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.

A QLS setup for backpack hip belt and belt would be interesting. Backpack comes off, handgun gets moved.

Are there any chest holsters with additional retention?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bianchi M12

Nice sig line.

That sounds pretty viable then, if you're good with a flap type holster.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Another vote for the Hill People Gear kit bags. I haven’t found a better way to carry with a pack.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I use them alot.  I have one for my S&W 69 and Glock 20 with a Surefire.  Handier than having a OWB holster when getting on and off ATVS or in and out of trucks.  Great with a Kifaru pack.  

If its hot I throw a G29 in a med belt pouch on my pack with a tied off Raven Vanguard.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Joe Rogan STUNNED By Bear Attack Story

Steve Rinella Details After Effects of Grizzly Bear Encounter

Listen to these guys talk about getting charged by a bear when they left their pistol on their pack. Logic went right out the window, one dude hit the bear with a hiking stick, some other guy jumped on top. The pistol on the pack was completely forgotten until the bear backed out.

It's funny to listen to in retrospect, but there was obviously a 10 second period where they were essentially disarmed with a bear in their lap, and all they could do was run and try not to shit themselves.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I think the kenai holster is overpriced. Checkout GS holsters they are pretty much the same for half the price. I wore one for my 10mm in Alaska for a few years. Worked well but i dont recommend 9mm for grizzly country
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Would you be able to elaborate on your choice of the Diamond D over the Gunfighters Inc?  I've been seriously eyeballing these two models for toting a Glock 40 (bigass long slide 10mm) on occasion when wandering around the farm, posting property, hunting sasquatch, etc... It's not like I'm mountain climbing with the thing but I want solid quality and a product that will be comfortable all day, ESPECIALLY with a bigger gun.
View Quote

I have owned both and love both. I am sure i could both of them on side by side and nit pick about buckles or something but the truth is they both just work well. Biggest difference is kydex vs leather. If i was hunting i would choose the Diamond D. It draws smoother and quieter and still has fantastic retention. I think the leather at times did rub my neck a little but you hike 15 miles with a 686 on and you will feel it. It just kind of has a nice leather feel about it.

I have two of the Gunfighters. One for a G20 one for a G17 that i carried a lot in Montana while fishing. Feels absolutely glued to you. Mine fit tighter around the chest than the Diamond D but that is also just how i had it adjusted. The Gunfighter has a little stretch
to it in the straps. So you can make it a very snug fit and still breath well. I would often put them on over my base layer in the morning and never take it off. All my other layers have button up or zips and i could leave them open enough to reach in and draw. It also fit high enough to stay out of the water fishing and kind of fit under my waders.

I think the Gunfighter carries a little better for higher activity stuff. But i would have no problem using the Diamond D for hiking, fishing, hunting 4 wheeler, snowmobile work. I would probably not use it for MTN bike or hard dirt bike riding. But even the Gunfighter has its limitations. A G20 or any big heavy gun is still going to bang around if you are riding a MTN or enduro on a motorcycle. It is a matter of the weight of the gun. The semi auto caries a lot of weight in the grip area which is not inside the holster compared to a revolver. I am not going to say one is better than the other they are just different. I think My G20 is much lighter and carries better than my 686. But i will say the 686 kept all the weight of the gun deep into the holster if that makes any sense. So in a full sized gun there is a different dynamic to a semi auto compared to the revolver in the way they move around on you during really high impact sports. Both will be fine for hiking. But step up to something like 4 wheeler or snowmobile and they feel different.  I will probably use a G26 vs the G17 while on my dirt bike just for that reason.

I looked athe HPG and really like it. But i dont think it will work for me and think it is a little different system than the chest holsters. I can very easily use the chest holsters in the woods and layer over them. Unless the weather really changes or is extreme i often just leave things unzipped some and have pretty good access to the fire arm. Through out the day i change layers a lot in Montana while fishing. The HPG looks to me like i would need to keep it outside of all my layers for it to work the best. For my use i dont want to take it on and off all day as i am changing my layers.

The 4" 686 in the Diamond D was a perfect and classic match. The G20 in the Gunfighter was also a perfect match. Just two different feels if you get what i mean.
Here is a picture of the G17 setup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have owned both and love both. I am sure i could both of them on side by side and nit pick about buckles or something but the truth is they both just work well. Biggest difference is kydex vs leather. If i was hunting i would choose the Diamond D. It draws smoother and quieter and still has fantastic retention. I think the leather at times did rub my neck a little but you hike 15 miles with a 686 on and you will feel it. It just kind of has a nice leather feel about it.

I have two of the Gunfighters. One for a G20 one for a G17 that i carried a lot in Montana while fishing. Feels absolutely glued to you. Mine fit tighter around the chest than the Diamond D but that is also just how i had it adjusted. The Gunfighter has a little stretch
to it in the straps. So you can make it a very snug fit and still breath well. I would often put them on over my base layer in the morning and never take it off. All my other layers have button up or zips and i could leave them open enough to reach in and draw. It also fit high enough to stay out of the water fishing and kind of fit under my waders.

I think the Gunfighter carries a little better for higher activity stuff. But i would have no problem using the Diamond D for hiking, fishing, hunting 4 wheeler, snowmobile work. I would probably not use it for MTN bike or hard dirt bike riding. But even the Gunfighter has its limitations. A G20 or any big heavy gun is still going to bang around if you are riding a MTN or enduro on a motorcycle. It is a matter of the weight of the gun. The semi auto caries a lot of weight in the grip area which is not inside the holster compared to a revolver. I am not going to say one is better than the other they are just different. I think My G20 is much lighter and carries better than my 686. But i will say the 686 kept all the weight of the gun deep into the holster if that makes any sense. So in a full sized gun there is a different dynamic to a semi auto compared to the revolver in the way they move around on you during really high impact sports. Both will be fine for hiking. But step up to something like 4 wheeler or snowmobile and they feel different.  I will probably use a G26 vs the G17 while on my dirt bike just for that reason.

I looked athe HPG and really like it. But i dont think it will work for me and think it is a little different system than the chest holsters. I can very easily use the chest holsters in the woods and layer over them. Unless the weather really changes or is extreme i often just leave things unzipped some and have pretty good access to the fire arm. Through out the day i change layers a lot in Montana while fishing. The HPG looks to me like i would need to keep it outside of all my layers for it to work the best. For my use i dont want to take it on and off all day as i am changing my layers.

The 4" 686 in the Diamond D was a perfect and classic match. The G20 in the Gunfighter was also a perfect match. Just two different feels if you get what i mean.
Here is a picture of the G17 setup.
https://i.imgur.com/aMsE6Ld.jpg
View Quote

That's a really great breakdown there, I really appreciate it.  I actually just went and bought a Gunfighter on Clearance (I just got the email an hour or so ago and jumped on it)... I got back to the range for the first time in a LONG time, and now I'm buying every gun thing that catches my eye.  That said, CLEARANCE price is a significant discount, the color I got isn't in my normal palette but for 90 bucks instead of $150 my delicate fashion tastes can be stretched.  Besides, gray and coyote will probably look cool.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I use a HPG Kit Bag as well.  

However, I use it while riding my ATV.  Keeps it accessible and dust and mud off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I went with a Diamond D for my Super Blackhawk.  Needed a way to carry while elk hunting with a pack and bino harness,  and wanted to keep the gun on me when I shed my pack.  Adjusted it to sit below the binos and it's perfect.  The one adjustment strap on it let me quickly get a good fit when removing/adding layers.  I'd recommend it if you don't mind leather.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I never wore a gun while fly-fishing in the Rockies until I started having routine contacts with moose.

Most moose cows with calves very close to you are just smaller than a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier.

I took to wearing a .45 Redhawk with two speed loaders in a leather 7X chest holster under my fly-fishing vest.

I have since changed guns to a Glock 20 with two spare mags and plan to get a Kenai once I get back to forests and cold waters.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Another great Alaskan holder company $95.00 I have 3 of them.
https://www.gsholsters.com/home

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Use mine all the time. Adjust your sternum strap to go over the holster if you’re on a long hike or it will fun a little. I carry a G20, no light as I don’t hike at night, and if I did my headlamp does throw far enough to keep from being mauled.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Here are two pics of my hunting buddy and I. I have a Diamond D leather holster on, and he has the Kenai. We're both wearing heavy packs. Should give you somewhat of an idea on how they position.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EeGTQjjfgcBGom4W8
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here are two pics of my hunting buddy and I. I have a Diamond D leather holster on, and he has the Kenai. We're both wearing heavy packs. Should give you somewhat of an idea on how they position.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EeGTQjjfgcBGom4W8
View Quote

Those pics show perfectly how the chest holsters can interfere with a bino harness as well.  I like my harness high and tight, so being able to wear the gun below it is nice.  The DD does this well, never tried the Kenai, but is imagine it can as well.   Just a consideration.

Here's a pic from when I was trying to sort it all out.  Ended up in this configuration.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top