Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2015 3:24:08 PM EDT
Bought the Sub 9 from a Pawn shop with a non functioning mag catch for $225 in 2012, brought it to Keltec and they fixed it while I waited.

Bought the Sub 2k from my Blue label dealer 20 minutes from the Keltec factory for $269

Just got the Gen 2 for $450 today. Will post Silencer pics later today.

ETA Silenced action

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice Red Lion forend.  Will it fit the new version?  Pics of carry bag?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Will post Silencer pics later today.
View Quote

Wait.  Is the new version threaded?

Hot damn, I need to go buy a 9mm silencer now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a Sub 9
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#5]
My local fun dealer got a gen 2 in yesterday. I have had a standing order in with him since Shot Show, it is now in my possession! Major upgrade over the gen 1 I sold during the panic prices, and have missed ever since.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Another item of note, the receiver tube IS the receiver as it has the serial number. Even on the parts diagram it is listed as "Receiver (Exchange Only)"
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
It is known if the Gen 2 handguard can put on a Gen 1?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks awesome! Where can I find one
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the gen 2 worth getting over the first gen?

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the gen 2 worth getting over the first gen?

View Quote
Yes, 100% yes. 200% yes if you any pistol caliber suppressor.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the suppressor hold the front sight on?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I want a Gen 2
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I am waiting for the Gen 2 9mm that takes M&P magazines. Next year, sometime.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Little late to this thread but I have a question:
How well do these little guns shoot? Thinking of getting one for a truck/ATV/tractor/plane/whatever gun. Looking for how well do they group at say 50 yards?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Little late to this thread but I have a question:
How well do these little guns shoot? Thinking of getting one for a truck/ATV/tractor/plane/whatever gun. Looking for how well do they group at say 50 yards?
Thanks
View Quote

Have a Gen 1 Glock .40" model.  Trigger isn't as good as my massaged Glock 23, and it's very picky about ammo.  Should send it back to KelTec & get the feed ramp worked on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Saw the Gen 2 today and had to look at it as I never even new this existed. The new lgs in my AO had five of them in stock. Being as I have a G17 and plenty of mags, it was tempting. At $499, are they asking too much?

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
As another Gen 2 9mm owner (I got 2 of 'em ) I'll kick in..... they, IMO, are great little guns.  I range tested mine with about a dozen different kinds of ammo- mostly 147's, but also 115 & 124's- and it fed and cycled them all 100%.  Open sight groups off a sandbag were......get ready for a highly technical term here... "minute of snuff can" at 30 yards without even trying too hard. Both of mine are the G17 models, which I like much better than the G19 series due to the slightly longer grip.  Super easy to strip and clean as well.  The only downside I can think of is... you need to angle mount an optic if you want to retain the ability to fold the gun in half...otherwise it will scissor shut on the scope/red dot/etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

I was getting four inch groups out of mine the other day at fifty.  I wasn't trying too hard though as it was about to thunderstorm.  I think it will do better when I'm not rushed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry for the late reply, it does not. The Front site is indexed onto the barrel with a set screw that I assume screws into a dimple on the barrel.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Saw the Gen 2 today and had to look at it as I never even new this existed. The new lgs in my AO had five of them in stock. Being as I have a G17 and plenty of mags, it was tempting. At $499, are they asking too much?

View Quote
Nope, hope you got one!

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I also hope you got one at that proce!! The Glock magazine models, especially the 9mm ones, first for G19 mags and then for G17 mags are most in demand and therefore the hardest to find, at that price a VERY good deal....<><....:)
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also hope you got one at that proce!! The Glock Magazine models are more in demand and therefore the hardest to find, at that price a VERY good deal....<><....:)
View Quote

I don't believe they are making anything other than Glock models right now
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#25]
That's great, no LGS in my area has had a 9mm Glock model in stock for much more than an hour over the last few months. I waited for a while for mine that I bought through the LEO program and the company was great about not forgetting about me when mine finally came up....<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
A 60 something Floridian takes his Gen II to the range for the very first time.

... I think he likes it!

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up a G 19 version yesterday
The grip is too short for my hands, so I'll swap it out for a G 17 grip.
I'll also upgrade the trigger & springs while I have it apart.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#29]
440 yards with a 9mm KT Sub-2K

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#30]
That is exactly what I bought
my Gen 1, .40 for. I added a
PA micro dot with the offset
mount to the right side. 40
yard head shots are almost
effortless. My first Glock,
Model 22 quickly followed.
I added a Maxpedition Spatha,
that completes a great travel gun
package.

Interchangeable magazines
with the Glocks make this a
no brainer for me. Add in
a couple of 22 round or 33
round mags for the win.

I am on a short list at my
LGS for a Gen II, 9mm to
go with my Glock 17.

John

Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#32]
What started out as a G19/23 Sub-2000 this morning is now a G17/22 with a Heavy Weight Bolt from Kel-Tec #SUB-2000-552, the hammer, sear & return spring kit from M-CARBO, and the aluminum replacement trigger & aluminum combat peep sight with folding lever from Performance Service.

I was able run two 'happy sticks' worth of 9mm through my Gen II this evening. One stick was filled with 115 gr. Winchester White Box, the other was filled with 124 gr. American Eagle. I am happy to report nothing but good news, NO failures, NO problems, NO issues, just flawless fun. Iron sights, rapid fire double taps into a fist sized cluster @ 25 yards

Now to get that AAC Ti-RANT .45 I've had my eye on...
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I found a green Gen 2, Glock 17
mag grip version today at the show.
I paid $500 for it, but I thought
it would be a while before I found
another one, and I really liked the OD.

I mounted a PA micro dot on my Gen
1, .40, with the tri-rail & 45 degree offset
mount. It works like a champ. I need to
compare them, to see if there is enough
room to do the same on the Gen 2, but
it seems like there won't be much holding
the front of the forearm on, with the amount
of material that needs to be removed.

Let me know if anyone else has done this
on a Gen 2.

Edit to add!  Duh!  H20 Man has it in spades.
I like it. Simple & effective. I wouldn't normally
be interested in mounting an optic to a plastic
hand guard, but these seem really solid, and a
little movement in it, will hopefully still keep
the optic sight in point, with in a reasonable
accuracy level for this firearm.

Later!

John
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I ordered 2 sub2000's (glock .40 & 9mm) on Sunday through the LEO direct program via email. Unfortunately Sunday was the last day of the direct buy program, they are going to a distributor system for LEO buys. Anyway, got an email the next day that the 9mm one was ready, so will be here by Monday I hope. The LEO price was pretty good to boot, glad I didn't have to wait 8 months like I did for my Glock 35 MOS.

I'm the head FI for a large gov't agency and work very closely with some local agencies with training and weapons development. Many of these guys are entry level officers and don't get paid a whole lot and are not supplied long arms. Most are supplied Glock handguns and of course ammo for them. I believe the sub2000 might be one of the best deals out there for these guys. They can get the LEO priced subs for less than half of what the AR's  are going for, and then they don't need to buy magazines or ammunition which is realistically another 50% of the price of the weapon.  On top of that, these guys don't have racks for their weapons in their vehicles so having the ability to fold it, is a real plus for these guys. I'm presenting a carbine course for some of these guys and will use both the M-4's and Subs so some of these officers can get hands on experience and see how much more effective they are with a carbine over a pistol.

I personally will stick with my M-4 for service use, but for some who don't feel they have the means to get an AR or M-4 , this will be a very attractive option. In this day in age we should all have a carbine to lay down accurate fire.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I ordered 2 sub2000's (glock .40 & 9mm) on Sunday through the LEO direct program via email. Unfortunately Sunday was the last day of the direct buy program, they are going to a distributor system for LEO buys. Anyway, got an email the next day that the 9mm one was ready, so will be here by Monday I hope. The LEO price was pretty good to boot, glad I didn't have to wait 8 months like I did for my Glock 35 MOS.

I'm the head FI for a large gov't agency and work very closely with some local agencies with training and weapons development. Many of these guys are entry level officers and don't get paid a whole lot and are not supplied long arms. Most are supplied Glock handguns and of course ammo for them. I believe the sub2000 might be one of the best deals out there for these guys. They can get the LEO priced subs for less than half of what the AR's  are going for, and then they don't need to buy magazines or ammunition which is realistically another 50% of the price of the weapon.  On top of that, these guys don't have racks for their weapons in their vehicles so having the ability to fold it, is a real plus for these guys. I'm presenting a carbine course for some of these guys and will use both the M-4's and Subs so some of these officers can get hands on experience and see how much more effective they are with a carbine over a pistol.

I personally will stick with my M-4 for service use, but for some who don't feel they have the means to get an AR or M-4 , this will be a very attractive option. In this day in age we should all have a carbine to lay down accurate fire.
View Quote

The part in red is very interesting.  I will be investigating more.  Hopefully it makes them quicker to get.  Their direct buy program could take awhile.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#37]
yeah, hope so but doubt it. Wonder how it will affect the price since there is now a middle man.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've got one of the very first Sub2000 and it usually rides in the trunk.  I have not kept up with the latest offerings.  Did anyone come out with a metal front sight upgrade for the Gen 1s?
View Quote

YUP
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#40]
The gen2 has a metal sight base that uses an AR front post so you can use all the aftermarket AR front sight posts like tritium ect... the muzzle also comes threaded now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Another good upgrade for me was
adding the spring kit & alum trigger
from MCARBO.

Trigger pull is much improved &
I was having trigger reset issues
prior to the upgrade in my Gen 2.
Now it runs 100%.

And Chris is a great guy, too.

Later!

John
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#42]
</a>" />
My sub2000 functions perfectly and has a very good trigger the only things ive done is install a vortex venom i had laying around and a spare flashlight. It wont get anymore add ons as it is perfect as is. Super reliable even with russian steel cased ammo right out of the box.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

YUP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got one of the very first Sub2000 and it usually rides in the trunk.  I have not kept up with the latest offerings.  Did anyone come out with a metal front sight upgrade for the Gen 1s?

YUP

Also Red Lion Precision
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#44]
LE pricing through KelTec's new "Blue Dot" program.  

KSG                             $729
Sub 2000 Glock mag      $334.80
PLR 16                         $452
RFB 18"                        $1289.00
RDB 17"                        $850.80

Eligibility per Keltec:

End-user eligibility: Active and retired LEOs, Coast Guard, Federal Agents, Prison Guards, Parole/Probation Officers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LE pricing through KelTec's new "Blue Dot" program.  

KSG                             $729
Sub 2000 Glock mag      $334.80
PLR 16                         $452
RFB 18"                        $1289.00
RDB 17"                        $850.80

Eligibility per Keltec:

End-user eligibility: Active and retired LEOs, Coast Guard, Federal Agents, Prison Guards, Parole/Probation Officers.
View Quote

How is it being administered?  Still direct or through distributors?

Is that only guns they will offer on the Blue Dot?  They used to offer their whole line?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Prices are actually  a little cheaper, qonder what the shipping will be. Swnt an email last night about ordering an rdb. $850 is too good to pass up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prices are actually  a little cheaper, qonder what the shipping will be. Swnt an email last night about ordering an rdb. $850 is too good to pass up.

View Quote

Did you order direct from KT?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 2:39:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Will let you know about the new system next week. The old leo system, you bought it straight from the factory, not sure now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah I am very curious.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Also very curious
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top