Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2020 3:16:50 AM EDT
LGS has a black one for $409 and its the kind of weirdness I dig.  Don't like POS guns though, and this seems like it could be headed that way.  Fo or wait for the next revision?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
How good are you at following instructions?  B/c if you load all 33 rounds exactly as they tell you, it should work.  If you're a I don't need a manual kinda guy, probably not for you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LGS has a black one for $409 and its the kind of weirdness I dig.  Don't like POS guns though, and this seems like it could be headed that way.  Fo or wait for the next revision?
View Quote
They are barely made to run or made to barely run (take your pick)...like a lot of Kel Tecs.

Don't load the mag full when new.  Only load it half full the first few times then 2/3s the next few times them almost full the next time.

When loading the mags, only put the bullet halfway in the mag, the next bullet you seat, do the same.  Each top bullet pushes the earlier bullet into the correct feeding position.

The gun is a joke, quite frankly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are barely made to run or made to barely run (take your pick)...like a lot of Kel Tecs.

Don't load the mag full when new.  Only load it half full the first few times then 2/3s the next few times them almost full the next time.

When loading the mags, only put the bullet halfway in the mag, the next bullet you seat, do the same.  Each top bullet pushes the earlier bullet into the correct feeding position.

View Quote
Mine has been 100%. American speedloader is great to have and makes loading mags the correct way a breeze.

a video i made might be of interest.

Keltec CP33 mods and American Speedloaders bench top and shooting review
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had one for a while, its fun with a suppressor, not of much practical use except maybe defending against a mass zombie squirrel attack.  Great trigger and nice sights, plus its light weight.  Spend more time loading mags than shooting, which is OK since 33 rounds of aimed fire in a row gets tiring :)  After a few hundred rounds it starts not wanting to feed the first round until you clean it, I have around 2K rounds through it and nothing is showing any real wear.  Nothing has loosened up or fallen off yet, surprising for a kel tec.

Its ammo sensitive, will not work at all with 36gr remington golden bullets (bulk), but runs 98% with M22 winchester bulk.  100% with 40gr mini mags.  I have tried other various 22LR with mixed results, but have settled on the M22 since wal mart here carries it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty good video MAC did about it.

Kel-Tec CP33 Quad Stacked .22LR
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like mine. In several hundred rounds I’ve had only one malfunction so far. The mag speed loader is a must have, though loading them by hand isn’t difficult, just tedious. A judicious tap against a table every half dozen rounds keeps the rims where they belong. Extra mags are $50, which is a little nuts. The sights are great, the trigger is great, it’s surprisingly lightweight despite the size. It’s easy as pie to drop any red dot onto, and suppressor ready out of the box. I paid more than MSRP for mine, just because I had never seen one in stock anywhere.

It’s a gateway drug though, next thing you know you’ll want it’s cousin, the CMR-30.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine’s been running 100% although I’ve only run CCI hv 40gr. copper round nose so far.
Added a reflex sight & Farrowtech brace, easily makes ragged holes at 25 yards.
I’ve had a PMR for a while so I’m familiar with how to load, most malfunctions are related to improper mag loading.
I highly recommend the American Nest loader for either platform, fast and loading is a no brainer.
Excellent SA trigger out of the box.

Still don’t understand how PMR mags are $30 and CP mags are $50, that’s a big price gap when the only obvious differences are the CPs are transparent and have access holes. But I also own quite a few handguns like Sigs & HKs that use pricey mags too. At least the CP comes with 2 mags so that’s 66 rounds capacity, you’d have to buy 7 MKIV mags to beat that and that’s not cheap either.

I also would not be surprised if we see a CP carbine in the next few years based on it’s bolt design.

I currently own a PMR & CMR as well. The PMR had a long break in and is still picky with ammo, the CMR runs everything since day 1.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The loader by American SpeedLoaders works like a dream. The cci mini mags and singers loaded effortlessly by hand, but the federal black pack bulk and Remington 40gr golden bullet needed a little more attention. I could load them exactly the same as I was loading the cci but for  whatever reason one of the rims would slip on top of another about half way down. How that happened? Don't ask me because I wasn't doing anything any different than the cci. But the speed loader took care of all issues. It's worth it's weight in gold. Not only does it load correctly every time no matter the ammo, but you can load a mag in about 30 seconds. The time saved alone was worth the $35. I got mine direct from kel tec when I ordered 2 more mags from them. They were the only place I could find with them in stock at the time, and it came with a kel tec logo screen printed on one side. The same company makes the same kind of loader for the cmr/pmr mags. I can only imagine that those would be equally as good. I'm going to get a cmr30 at some point, but don't have one yet. I'm extremely happy with the cp33.

Has anyone tried to cerakote match the tan colored cp33 yet? All I could get out of kel tec was that they had 2 different tan colors. A sand and a coyote. They didn't even specify which one was on the cp33. From what I can gather online, all of their colors, besides black, are original to kel tec and don't have an exact cerakote match. But if anyone's gotten close to matching it, I'd appreciate the info. I want to cerakote the brace adapter as close as possible. There was a sage color cerakote that looked close, but it's hard to tell things like that from a picture. Especially online.

The grip in the pictures it's for color contrast and demonstration purposes only.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The loader by American SpeedLoaders works like a dream. The cci mini mags and singers loaded effortlessly by hand, but the federal black pack bulk and Remington 40gr golden bullet needed a little more attention. I could load them exactly the same as I was loading the cci but for  whatever reason one of the rims would slip on top of another about half way down. How that happened? Don't ask me because I wasn't doing anything any different than the cci. But the speed loader took care of all issues. It's worth it's weight in gold. Not only does it load correctly every time no matter the ammo, but you can load a mag in about 30 seconds. The time saved alone was worth the $35. I got mine direct from kel tec when I ordered 2 more mags from them. They were the only place I could find with them in stock at the time, and it came with a kel tec logo screen printed on one side. The same company makes the same kind of loader for the cmr/pmr mags. I can only imagine that those would be equally as good. I'm going to get a cmr30 at some point, but don't have one yet. I'm extremely happy with the cp33.

Has anyone tried to cerakote match the tan colored cp33 yet? All I could get out of kel tec was that they had 2 different tan colors. A sand and a coyote. They didn't even specify which one was on the cp33. From what I can gather online, all of their colors, besides black, are original to kel tec and don't have an exact cerakote match. But if anyone's gotten close to matching it, I'd appreciate the info. I want to cerakote the brace adapter as close as possible. There was a sage color cerakote that looked close, but it's hard to tell things like that from a picture. Especially online.

The grip in the pictures it's for color contrast and demonstration purposes only.

https://i.imgur.com/SMBlLN5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vJATCLm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dN421VJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mRU8BSU.jpg
View Quote

Rehv arms has been out of the brace adapters ever since I got one or I’d have a brace on it That SB1913 is a good color match.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I had just ordered my brace adapter a few days ago on the 8th and recieved it on 10th. I'm sure these stimulus checks depleted their stock over night. There should be an option to have them send you an email as soon as they're in stock again though. It does seem like a quality piece. It fits snug on the reciever even before you screw it down, and the anodizing looks almost identical in color to the upper. You can see the tooling marks if you look for them, but it's worth $65 easy. Also, I'd look for a 1913 folding brace with an aluminum arm instead of polymer. They're a few dollars more, but the extra weight will help balance it out a little better. It's worth the extra money in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had just ordered my brace adapter a few days ago on the 8th and recieved it on 10th. I'm sure these stimulus checks depleted their stock over night. There should be an option to have them send you an email as soon as they're in stock again though. It does seem like a quality piece. It fits snug on the reciever even before you screw it down, and the anodizing looks almost identical in color to the upper. You can see the tooling marks if you look for them, but it's worth $65 easy. Also, I'd look for a 1913 folding brace with an aluminum arm instead of polymer. They're a few dollars more, but the extra weight will help balance it out a little better. It's worth the extra money in my opinion.
View Quote

You must have gotten lucky, I signed up for an email notification from them but never received it. Guess I need to check their site every week or so.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You must have gotten lucky, I signed up for an email notification from them but never received it. Guess I need to check their site every week or so.
View Quote

I never got an email either but I would check every couple days and got one about a month ago.  Agree with the above poster on the brace, I bought the plastic 1913 and didnt like it.  Was able to return/exchange it for the aluminum.

Kids love shooting the thing, got to have 3500 rounds through it.  Wore the feed lips off of one mag and will have to pick up another, was hoping the price would go down on spare mags a bit.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I never got an email either but I would check every couple days and got one about a month ago.  Agree with the above poster on the brace, I bought the plastic 1913 and didnt like it.  Was able to return/exchange it for the aluminum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the tips, I didn’t know there were two versions of it.  

Do y’all have problems with the CP-33 loading the first round out of the mag? I bought a crapload of CCI mini mags, which it shoots flawlessly in every other way. It just won’t ever load that first round whether on an open bolt, closed bolt, slingshot the slide hard, nurse it, doesn’t freaking matter. I have to hold the bolt open and stuff it in there manually and gently close the slide. Then it feeds the rest of the mag fine. I have 3 mags, they all do it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I appreciate the tips, I didn’t know there were two versions of it.  

Do y’all have problems with the CP-33 loading the first round out of the mag? I bought a crapload of CCI mini mags, which it shoots flawlessly in every other way. It just won’t ever load that first round whether on an open bolt, closed bolt, slingshot the slide hard, nurse it, doesn’t freaking matter. I have to hold the bolt open and stuff it in there manually and gently close the slide. Then it feeds the rest of the mag fine. I have 3 mags, they all do it.
View Quote

Only on a full mag and dirty it gets picky about loading the first round.  I usually just load 30 rounds and its fine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]
On the kt forum some shooters have eliminated the problem by judicious polishing of bottom lip of chamber.  I may do that one of these days if I get the time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine has problems loading the first round about 75% of the time. I haven't been able to tell a specific rhyme or reason as to why though. Sometimes it will load the first round on the first mag after cleaning, sometimes it won't. (I clean every gun after every shooting session. It's just a personal preference.) Sometimes it will load the first round on the 7th or 8th mag, sometimes it won't. It does seem weird to me, but I'm sure there's a specific reason why. I just haven't figured it out yet. And that's been with all ammo I've used so far. That list is cci mini mags 40gr and 36gr, cci stingers (mine really likes the stingers. I've gotten several armadillos with them in it in the past couple of weeks.), Remington 40gr golden bullet (not the hollow points), federal 36gr hp black pack bulk, and federal 38gr hp black pack bulk. Not a huge variety, but a little variety in grain weights, bullet shapes, and hp & rn. And I can't state enough how much I'd recommend one of the American Speed Loaders. But back to the original topic, if anyone figures out a remedy for the first round loading issues,  please post it. If anyone has tried polishing the chamber, did it work? I might try it, but I'd like to hear from someone that's had luck with it already first.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I had the opportunity to shoot one at the range today. What has been posted about it being light and accurate with an no muzzle flip excellent sights and amazing trigger is true. Ammo was CCI and feed and function were flawless.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I love mine if you load the magazine improperly it will malfunction check .22 Plinkster out on YOUTUBE he walks you thru loading the magazine once you get the hang of it you won't have a malfunction.

https://youtu.be/78js3IZSX8o

https://youtu.be/b5t4bTUWawU

https://youtu.be/p_dMaJpOukk

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Love mine.  Mag loader will prevent loading headaches.   Cherrybalmz rimfire remedy will help with ammo pickiness.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Love mine.  Mag loader will prevent loading headaches.   Cherrybalmz rimfire remedy will help with ammo pickiness.

My 2 cents.
View Quote

Thanks but I purchased one of these its worth it for the headache saved, American SpeedLoaders Nest Style SpeedLoader.
https://americanspeedloaders.com/product/keltec-cp33/
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

MSRP NOW IS $475.00
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you own one?  So many love to talk out of their asses.

Mine like many others, has been 100%.  A hell of an accomplishment considering it's 1) rimfire and 2) uses a quad stack mag
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I love mine, but it has the first round problem.  I'll have to polish the chamber lip when I'm off after knee surgery.  The Nest loader is a must for both the CP33 and PMR30 mags IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I dunno if i got the sword in the stone of these but ive only had like 3 ammo related jams out of probably like 2500 rounds. The thing runs like hell if you keep it lubed and use quality ammuniton.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a CMR30 and didn't have any trouble loading it by hand.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#26]
PF9 and the CMR were the two POS pistols I had that set me on the right course of avoiding Kel Tec for the rest of my life.

An earlier P3AT still works well for me.  It's got to be an outlier.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  PF9 and the CMR were the two POS pistols I had that set me on the right course of avoiding Kel Tec for the rest of my life.

View Quote

CMR-30 is a rifle.  Mine worked fine, as have my other 4 Kel-Tecs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  PF9 and the CMR were the two POS pistols I had that set me on the right course of avoiding Kel Tec for the rest of my life.

My CMR works like a champ too. The PMR pistols have a much less stellar reputation. It’s no coincidence that Mcarbo makes half a gun worth of upgrades and fixes for them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a PMR and CMR. Both run flawlessly with CCI Maxi Mag 40Gr bullets. I just bought a CP33 yesterday and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I plan on using 40 Gr CCI Mini Mags and 40Gr CCI AR Tactical ammo in the CP33. I got a good deal on the CP33. The dealer gave it to me for $400 OTD. After reading many reviews over at KTOG, the high velocity CCI ammo seems to be preferred by most.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a PMR and CMR. Both run flawlessly with CCI Maxi Mag 40Gr bullets. I just bought a CP33 yesterday and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I plan on using 40 Gr CCI Mini Mags and 40Gr CCI AR Tactical ammo in the CP33. I got a good deal on the CP33. The dealer gave it to me for $400 OTD. After reading many reviews over at KTOG, the high velocity CCI ammo seems to be preferred by most.
View Quote

I’ve only ever run CCI mini mags in my CP33, they work 100%. Im even getting it to strip the top round now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I love mine so much I bought two.  Occasionally have the 1st round chambering issue and have to smack it on the rear to fully seat.  Cleaning resolves the issue.  No other problems.  Fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've only ever run CCI mini mags in my CP33, they work 100%. Im even getting it to strip the top round now.
View Quote
Good to know.

I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can head to the range.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Of note the first round not stripping on mine has been solved by my loading technique. I do use a loader but for the top round always wanted a typical “nose up” presentation like every other semi auto. Well the feed ramp is built into the mag/follower on the CP33 so the top round should be dead flat. That allows the bolt to push it forward into battery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I took my new Kel-Tec CP33 to the range today. I only tried two types of ammo in it, CCI AR Tactical and CCI Standard Velocity. The pistol functioned flawlessly for me. I only shot 5 magazines worth of ammo today. I had absolutely no failures at all. I decided to sight the Swampfox Kingslayer in at 25 yards. It is a fun gun to shoot and what's not to like about having 33 rounds per magazine.

25 yard target shooting fairly rapid. Don't mind the holes towards the bottom of the target since they are from sighting in the red dot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Light. Good trigger. Good sights. Accurate.

Still early. Shoot surpressed is fun but it really gums it up.
The jury is still out for me. I waited a long time to get it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I've actually had more FTF and FTE with CCI Mini Mag than with M22. I've seen some harsh reviews on M22 but for me it's been the better choice. Two of us ran the CP33 as both pistol and rifle (FarrowTech brace) at Rimfire challenge. That was well over 500 rounds and had very few problems. Check the the KTOG forum, a lot of really good tips and tricks out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top