Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2019 10:57:39 AM EDT
I know other threads exist talking about the gun in GD felt we needed one here.

Watching the video that Jeremy S posted it shows a few different CP33 being fired. Some of which have a plate on the rear. Wonder if KT is going to develop a stock for it? Looks to be a fun SBR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The CMR-30 is a PMR-30 with a stock. The CP-33 is just a .22lr version of it. No reason they couldn't put a stock on one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The CMR-30 is a PMR-30 with a stock. The CP-33 is just a .22lr version of it. No reason they couldn't put a stock on one.
View Quote
I think the CMR-30 and the CP33 are more in common. The PMR has a different action than the other two. Think it’s a short recoil system, barrel and bolt move togeather then unlock. The CP33 looks like a blowback.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Do want
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think the CMR-30 and the CP33 are more in common. The PMR has a different action than the other two. Think it’s a short recoil system, barrel and bolt move togeather then unlock. The CP33 looks like a blowback.
View Quote
Mere details.

Regardless, the announcement of the CP33 has put any other possible .22lr pistol purchases on hold until I see if it's unobtanium with unobtanium prices or not.

ETA: I'm wanting a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Will buy as soon as I see one for a reasonable price. (for certain values of reasonable)
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word on when they'll be available for purchase?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do want
View Quote
+1

It seems like a good host for that Sparrow too. I'm always looking for a good .22lr host pistol. I'll have this and probably end up with whatever shoulder thing goes up on the end of it. I'd hope keltec manufactures the pistol brace for a smart price. Overall, this seems a very smart pistol to bring to market. Now someone needs to make a nice threaded 1911 pattern micro in .22lr.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had bad luck with all the Keltec products I've tried over the years.
But I might give them a try again with that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Ruger needs to do this with their 10/22 mags.  Not the charger but a new design.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've had bad luck with all the Keltec products I've tried over the years.
But I might give them a try again with that.
View Quote
And this!   Never had any luck with kel tec
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some of which have a plate on the rear.
View Quote
Looks like it's just a QD socket adapter that mounts to the side sling loops.
I'm sure it will get an aftermarket solution soon if KT doesn't provide an option.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks like it's just a QD socket adapter that mounts to the side sling loops.
I'm sure it will get an aftermarket solution soon if KT doesn't provide an option.
View Quote
Yeah I wish they would make a stock for the PMR30. I know they had a prototype.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah I wish they would make a stock for the PMR30. I know they had a prototype.
View Quote
I want the SMG version
(They had the idea to store extra mags but mag changes are super slow with the heel mag catch...)

Kel Tec PMR 30 Subgun, Tactical Life com
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  I think the CMR-30 and the CP33 are more in common. The PMR has a different action than the other two. Think it’s a short recoil system, barrel and bolt move togeather then unlock. The CP33 looks like a blowback.
View Quote
PMR-30 is an odd bird - a short-recoil blowback.  The bolt isn't locked to the bbl, but the bbl recoils before pressure drops enough for the long WMR shell lets go of the chamber walls.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

PMR-30 is an odd bird - a short-recoil blowback.  The bolt isn't locked to the bbl, but the bbl recoils before pressure drops enough for the long WMR shell lets go of the chamber walls.
View Quote
yep... I have one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I just saw the cp33 has a 5.5" barrel. They did everything right to make this a great suppressor host except the damn barrel is too long. I have uber accurate long barrel pistols and don't feel bad about throwing cci standard through it. That'll get expensive with a 50 round mag. I'm on the fence now. Would be perfect in 4.5" for bulk pack shinaningans. Might as well put mini mags in and use it as a home defense gun for the daughters. They're on the trust that owns the suppressor. A teenage girl with 50 rounds of mini mag would be formidable.... I still might get one.. for the kids
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Was shopping for a .22lr race gun host. Im no Kel Tec fan boy but if this comes in cheap enough...
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know where to get extra 33 and 50 round magazines?
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#20]
so these arent shippin yet then??
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so these arent shippin yet then??
View Quote
We’ve had several go thru the shop I work at. Just my opinion, but they’re not very impressive. Mag insertion and removal is super tight, proper mag loading is tough (3 pages in the manual on how to get it right), and the charging handle is flimsy at best. I have not seen one shoot, but for all of the above reasons, I passed. I was really excited about it, until I actually had it in my hands.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There's at least one member here who has one and his doesn't work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve had several go thru the shop I work at. Just my opinion, but they’re not very impressive. Mag insertion and removal is super tight, proper mag loading is tough (3 pages in the manual on how to get it right), and the charging handle is flimsy at best. I have not seen one shoot, but for all of the above reasons, I passed. I was really excited about it, until I actually had it in my hands.
I think they are cool. I'll wait until there out a while
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just saw the cp33 has a 5.5" barrel. They did everything right to make this a great suppressor host except the damn barrel is too long. I have uber accurate long barrel pistols and don't feel bad about throwing cci standard through it. That'll get expensive with a 50 round mag. I'm on the fence now. Would be perfect in 4.5" for bulk pack shinaningans. Might as well put mini mags in and use it as a home defense gun for the daughters. They're on the trust that owns the suppressor. A teenage girl with 50 rounds of mini mag would be formidable.... I still might get one.. for the kids
View All Quotes
Quoted:
As someone who has no experience shooting suppressed 22s why is having a 5.5 inch barrel a bad thing? Isn't CCI SV still well within subsonic velocities of out that barrel length?

Quoted:

Hmm wonder why. They looked pretty cool at shot show and everyone said how well they ran.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hmm wonder why. They looked pretty cool at shot show and everyone said how well they ran.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely because they were hand fitted T&E examples, much like the initial Remington R51 pistols. It's always a good idea to avoid the initial run of anything nowadays due to rush to get them onto the market, especially anything from Keltec. This isn't their first poor execution of the release of a shitty product.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:. As someone who has no experience shooting suppressed 22s why is having a 5.5 inch barrel a bad thing? Isn't CCI SV still well within subsonic velocities of out that barrel length?
View Quote
Absolutely.  However, it's just long enough that cheap bulk pack will mostly be supersonic.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  However, it's just long enough that cheap bulk pack will mostly be supersonic.
View Quote
Ah, I thought CCI SV was cheap bulk ammo. Whats a good per round price for .22 ammo?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
His gun is working fine just has its quarks. Here is the link to the other thread with member video of it running fine. link

Quoted:

As someone who has no experience shooting suppressed 22s why is having a 5.5 inch barrel a bad thing? Isn't CCI SV still well within subsonic velocities of out that barrel length?
View Quote
Cheap Bulk pack will go super sonic when barrel lengths exceed 4"-5" but its all dependent on elevation and temperature. I had some CCI SV breaking SS out of a 16" bolt gun suppressed a few weeks back. It was pretty cold out when I was shooting and I was at 890' above seal level.

Quoted:
Ah, I thought CCI SV was cheap bulk ammo. Whats a good per round price for .22 ammo?
View Quote
Past few months CCI SV can be bought at near "cheap Bulk" prices. But super cheap current prices are 2.7 cents per round. Just a few years ago anything below 6 cents per round was considered a deal to me.

Here is a link to Ammo Seek which is a great resource to check current prices and hunting for online deals. The 2.7 per round price is for Rem Thunderbolt which has to be the absolute shittyest and dirtys ammo made since the last loading's of black powder 22LR.  I would spend the extra .4 of a cent per round and buy Aguila SV. Which sounds just as good as CCI SV but lacks over all uniformity compared to CCI SV.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to get extra 33 and 50 round magazines?
View Quote
Keltec has some 33 round mags in stock.... Pricey though https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/cp33-33-round-magazine/
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Got 1 Monday and shot over 100 rounds through it yesterday with only 1 hiccup that was operator error  I didn’t let bolt go freely forward after reload and it didn’t chamber . Quick fix and back to shooting . Mag loading not really a problem at all using cci 40 gr. Mini- mags . Mags are tight going into and removing from pistol, but not that bad .decent trigger also
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Shot my cp33 for the first time today.  No issues with Remington lead nose and federal bulk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I just picked mine out of layaway tonight, its Really damn awesome, 6 mags so far, no cleaning, no oiling, it just runs great.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Picked one up yesterday... dealer called me saying he got one.. $499 he told me.  I actually ordered extra magazines from Keltec BEFORE I owned it.. lol.

Shot it today, only 50 rounds, but I like it more then my Smith & Wesson 41 22lr.  The trigger and balance seems perfect to me.  Funny owners manual says to use American made ammo... so no Augila then? LOL.

I have good luck with my Keltecs.  My 1st was the old Sub-40 (metal version of Sub2000).  My second was a used 5.56 bullpup & the CP33 is my third.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Their ideas kick ass, but their quality is lacking. Too bad
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
gooooootcha

my main interest is that magazine... i want to adapt it to a less fugly looking gun...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top