Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2020 9:26:06 PM EDT
My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and I inherited most of his guns.  
I remember seeing this one off and on over the years, my Dad would put it somewhere when we moved (or they moved after I was an adult)  and would forget about it.  He’d find it again in his closet, or where he stored guns, or in a drawer.  Bottom line is I always thought it was a beautiful piece of machinery.  Neither he or I ever fired it; it’s still “NIB”. The only thing that got lost over the years was the receipt for it from a LGS near Seattle.
Anyway, I present to you serial #K932xxx:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! I couldn't have owned it and not fired it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice! I couldn't have owned it and not fired it.
View Quote
I will eventually, just haven’t made the mental jump yet (NiB, never fired to I just put a couple hundred rounds down range because it’s an awesome gun :-) )

I’m still amazed at no rust, scuffs, anything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Appears to have zero turn line - that is a bit of a rarity. It will be hard to put rounds through that one.

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful gun, and exactly like the first handgun I ever owned back in 1963. I wish I still had it!
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Appears to have zero turn line - that is a bit of a rarity. It will be hard to put rounds through that one.

-shooter
View Quote

Yeah, I'll admit I'm having a hard time making that decision to load some rounds into it.

More likely my son will be posting here 30-40 years (hopefully that long) from now saying, "My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and I inherited most of his guns..."  

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s a keeper for sure. Mine isn’t unfired but I really like these also. Wide spur hammer and target trigger  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding OP.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That’s a keeper for sure. Mine isn’t unfired but I really like these also. Wide spur hammer and target trigger  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/205586/BDED428A-BA1F-489A-8618-38B6EC749C26_jpe-1340398.JPG
View Quote

That baby is in excellent condition.  Makes me want to go shoot mine  Our local member range closed yesterday.  Lunacy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Outstanding OP.
View Quote

Thank, man.  It might end up as wall display.  I hate to relegate it to that (beautiful though it would be), they were meant to be shot; still on the fence.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a different thought - you know it is going to your son. You know that he will never sell something that he is the third generation owner of. Why not take it and your son shooting (if not now, when the time is right) and enjoy it some.

If it isn't leaving the family, and it is never going to make someone stupid-rich - enjoy it some! It will still have tremendous value (many times what was paid for it) even if it gets shot a few rounds a year.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Wonderful!!!

My DIL liked mine so much I have it to her....
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful!

I have a pre model# one that is nice but not THAT nice!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread makes me happy I bought this 14-3 about 10 years ago at an LGS where I lived at the time :)  No box but in 98% condition.  Paid $330 for it.  

Maybe one box of .38 through it since I bought it.  Scary accurate.  

Won't ever let it go.  I dated the serial number to sometime around 1972 for a manufacture date if I was reading it right.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s beautiful. I earned an NRA Distinguished Revolver badge with a Model 14. That design will always be special to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread makes me happy I bought this 14-3 about 10 years ago at an LGS where I lived at the time :)  No box but in 98% condition.  Paid $330 for it.  

Maybe one box of .38 through it since I bought it.  Scary accurate.  

Won't ever let it go.  I dated the serial number to sometime around 1972 for a manufacture date if I was reading it right.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2153/Smith_Model_14-3_jpg-1345587.JPG
View Quote

That baby looks like its in perfect condition.  $330 was a helluva deal
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here is a different thought - you know it is going to your son. You know that he will never sell something that he is the third generation owner of. Why not take it and your son shooting (if not now, when the time is right) and enjoy it some.

If it isn't leaving the family, and it is never going to make someone stupid-rich - enjoy it some! It will still have tremendous value (many times what was paid for it) even if it gets shot a few rounds a year.

-shooter
View Quote

He lives in Arizona.  While a decent gun guy and an awesome shot, when he bought his Tavor, he told me he was going to sell his AR.  I said, "Uh, say again?"  He said he didn't really need two 5.56's.  I happily asked if he was getting a 7.62 of some sort?  He said, No, just didn't think he needed two 5.56's.  What's "need" got to do with it and where is my REAL Son?

He's better now, still has the AR in addition to the Tavor, and he does really, really like the feel of the K-38.  I am going to take your advice and take him and the K-38 out the next time he comes out.  Good plan and thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#17]
It can happen. I got a 14-4, LNIB, last year off of GB.

And I went out and shot it the next day...

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It can happen. I got a 14-4, LNIB, last year off of GB.

And I went out and shot it the next day...

https://i.imgur.com/gswsCtNh.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I have two Model 14s, a no-dash & a dash-4. I've had them for years & Haven't shot either of them yet.  

Both are 8" barrel models too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BobCole:
I have two Model 14s, a no-dash & a dash-4. I've had them for years & Haven't shot either of them yet.  

Both are 8" barrel models too.
View Quote

If only the range would open.  I can't wait to move
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top