Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2019 12:09:48 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Ruger LCP 2 from my LGS off of y’all recommendation! Love the feel and trigger of the gun, but just one problem it didn’t work.

I took it to the range and fired 175 rounds through the gun, 100 rounds of Aguila, 50 rounds of Winchester, and 25 rounds of Hornady American gunner XTP.

I had 8 malfunctions all of them were FTE or FTFeed. With multiple Ruger factory magazines, I did NOT limpwrist the pistol and it was lubercated with Mpro 7 oil before the range.

I called Ruger and the CS was great (this is my 2nd Ruger gun I have a 10/22 I bought as a teen and it didn’t work ether and their CS SUCKED at that time).

Fast forward to today and I got the gun back in 1 business week. They replaced the barrel according to the notes and fired 24 malfunction free rounds through the pistol.

I plan on taking the pistol to the range tomorrow and will update the thread then!

@Tomac I know you requested the thread so here it is
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an LCP that was only semi reliable . I read about changing out the recoil spring to one 2 pds. heavier and it cured the problem .

With the origanal spring you could ride the slide easily to not even close completely.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
glad to see they took care of you
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
ost
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have sent several guns back and there customer service had been great
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep us posted, I'm hoping they fixed whatever the problem was.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Took my repaired Ruger LCP 2 to the range today and fired 125 rounds (100 Winchester service grade and 25 Hornady American Gunner XTP).

I had NO malfunctions and had no problem keeping 98% of my shots on target (8in circle) at 10 yards. 100% on target at 7 yards with same target.

Very happy with the accuracy of this pistol and now happy with the reliability! It conceals well even in my shorts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding OP.

I think you'll find that the LCP 2 shoots way above it's size and weight class.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outstanding OP.
I think you'll find that the LCP 2 shoots way above it's size and weight class.
View Quote
This. Congrats!

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have about 600 rounds through mine and it does FTE once in a while.  In my last outing, it started to FTF after rapid fire.  I'm gonna test it again this weekend and see if I need to call CS.  It's strange because the first 200 rounds without cleaning it was completely malfunction free.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have about 600 rounds through mine and it does FTE once in a while.  In my last outing, it started to FTF after rapid fire.  I'm gonna test it again this weekend and see if I need to call CS.  It's strange because the first 200 rounds without cleaning it was completely malfunction free.
View Quote
Have you tried a heavier recoil spring? I installed one in all 3 of my LCP-II's and haven't had a single malfunction since.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have you tried a heavier recoil spring? I installed one in all 3 of my LCP-II's and haven't had a single malfunction since.

Tomac
View Quote
Which one did you go with and from where?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would also want to know
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomac
I'm using the Galloway Precision 13# spring: https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/lcp-II/13-lb-outer-recoil-spring-for-ruger-lcp-II-pistols/
Grand total, approximately 500rds through all 3 LCP-II's to date (they rotate between EDC, car & training).
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm using the Galloway Precision 13# spring: https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/lcp-II/13-lb-outer-recoil-spring-for-ruger-lcp-II-pistols/
Grand total, approximately 500rds through all 3 LCP-II's to date (they rotate between EDC, car & training).
HTH...

Tomac
View Quote
Thanks.  Will be ordering this if I have any malfunctions at the range today.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Will be ordering this if I have any malfunctions at the range today.
View Quote
Got some FTEs, but I think I narrowed it down to one of the 3 magazines.  I'm going to contact Ruger to see if they can send me a replacement.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Got some FTEs, but I think I narrowed it down to one of the 3 magazines.  I'm going to contact Ruger to see if they can send me a replacement.
View Quote
Called Ruger, explained the situation.  They are sending out a replacement mag no questions asked.  Not even the serial number.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Called Ruger, explained the situation.  They are sending out a replacement mag no questions asked.  Not even the serial number.
View Quote
That’s awesome!
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
So I now have 6 magazines total.  1 that Ruger sent me, 4 that I bought that came in two packs, and the original it came with.  Out of those 6, 2 of them did not malfunction at all at the range, the new pack of 2 that I bought had some feeding issues, and the one that Ruger sent had some FTEs.  I ran the one that I thought I had isolated as a bad mag that would FTE and it ran flawlessly.  So maybe it's not the mags.

The new mags had an interesting malfunction too.  It extracted, but when it tried to feed the next round, it tried to feed 2 rounds into the chamber vertically, facing up.

All the mags are marked "Made in USA", and I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed, but the bottom of the mag has a number stamped on it where you would push to remove the mag plate.  The two that did not malfunction are marked #1 and #2, I had 3 that would double feed, all marked #3, and the original one it came with marked #4.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I now have 6 magazines total.  1 that Ruger sent me, 4 that I bought that came in two packs, and the original it came with.  Out of those 6, 2 of them did not malfunction at all at the range, the new pack of 2 that I bought had some feeding issues, and the one that Ruger sent had some FTEs.  I ran the one that I thought I had isolated as a bad mag that would FTE and it ran flawlessly.  So maybe it's not the mags.

The new mags had an interesting malfunction too.  It extracted, but when it tried to feed the next round, it tried to feed 2 rounds into the chamber vertically, facing up.

All the mags are marked "Made in USA", and I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed, but the bottom of the mag has a number stamped on it where you would push to remove the mag plate.  The two that did not malfunction are marked #1 and #2, I had 3 that would double feed, all marked #3, and the original one it came with marked #4.
View Quote
Damn that’s all kinds of fucked up, when my Ruger LCP 2 was broken it never did that. Call Ruger and send the gun in!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Damn that’s all kinds of fucked up, when my Ruger LCP 2 was broken it never did that. Call Ruger and send the gun in!!
View Quote
So I bought a used Glock 42 to pocket carry while I send the LCP 2 back.  I sent it last Tuesday and I already got it back today.  According to the note, they only replaced the extractor and shot 24 rounds with no malfunctions.  I'll test it out this weekend and see what happens.  Meanwhile, the used Glock 42 I've shot about 200 rounds through has had no malfunctions except for one premature slide lock with a full mag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So I bought a used Glock 42 to pocket carry while I send the LCP 2 back.  I sent it last Tuesday and I already got it back today.  According to the note, they only replaced the extractor and shot 24 rounds with no malfunctions.  I'll test it out this weekend and see what happens.  Meanwhile, the used Glock 42 I've shot about 200 rounds through has had no malfunctions except for one premature slide lock with a full mag.
View Quote
I'm happy to report that after receiving the pistol back from Ruger that it has shot flawlessly.  I guess it really was just the extractor.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm happy to report that after receiving the pistol back from Ruger that it has shot flawlessly.  I guess it really was just the extractor.
View Quote
Great news, I’m happy ruger CS took care of you like they did me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top