User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have doubts about hollow points out of a short bbl revolver.  I'd prefer FMJ.
View Quote

To be honest the CCI FMJ loads are what I’d prefer as well for both range and actual carry, but I grabbed whatever they had left at the store I was at. Plus someone recommended the GD loads specifically because they’re formulated for these snubbies as opposed to rifles, but I’m not sure that matters as much as Speer and the other premium defense ammo manufacturers would like people to believe for 22Mag loads
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
damn I want one of those two toned pugs

I'm gonna pout when you cut it up
View Quote

I assure you no harm will come to the frame of the Pug No permanent modifications will be required for this transformation, it’ll just be like putting on a new set of grips - simple and easily reversible
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Went for a short walk around my apartment complex today as part of recovery from my back surgery. Slipped the Pug into the pocket of my windbreaker and barely noticed it was there the entire time. While my P320s will still be pulling day to day EDC duty, I can definitely see this little party popper being a good pocket option for taking the trash out/letting my dog out/going for short walks around the complex.

I should be in good enough condition to make an excursion to the range in the next week or two, so shooting review in stock configuration will be coming soon!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  Went for a short walk around my apartment complex today as part of recovery from my back surgery. Slipped the Pug into the pocket of my windbreaker and barely noticed it was there the entire time. While my P320s will still be pulling day to day EDC duty, I can definitely see this little party popper being a good pocket option for taking the trash out/letting my dog out/going for short walks around the complex.

I should be in good enough condition to make an excursion to the range in the next week or two, so shooting review in stock configuration will be coming soon!
View Quote

Dude, the NAA is a talisman, not a proper EDC revolver.  It should be secondary @ most.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dude, the NAA is a talisman, not a proper EDC revolver.  It should be secondary @ most.
View Quote

I know, which is why I said my P320s are still going to be my go-to EDC guns. What I meant was that the Pug is a convenient option for going outside for a few minutes in sweats or basketball shorts. Any trip that would require leaving my apartment for more than a few minutes or leaving the complex will still be chaperoned by my heavily enhanced 19+1 + 23-round reload RS/EVO320s:

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know, which is why I said my P320s are still going to be my go-to EDC guns. What I meant was that the Pug is a convenient option for going outside for a few minutes in sweats or basketball shorts. Any trip that would require leaving my apartment for more than a few minutes or leaving the complex will still be chaperoned by my heavily enhanced 19+1 + 23-round reload RS/EVO320s:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2020_12/3CC51EDE-8DE2-4B73-859A-8BC8EC9FB0F2.jpeg.3ee8a8d75adebec86ac0b605849289f2.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2020_10/9605D1DE-1C7F-481F-A02A-DD0DC9DAC86C.jpeg.6450c7939171f417597380b0cff65c08.jpeg
View Quote

What I'm telling you is that if you ever use it as a primary, even on your front lawn, which you're admitting to, you're better off w/ a steak knife.  It would be a poor backup to a steak knife, but would do if you can only carry one steak knife.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What I'm telling you is that if you ever use it as a primary, even on your front lawn, which you're admitting to, you're better off w/ a steak knife.  It would be a poor backup to a steak knife, but would do if you can only carry one steak knife.  
View Quote

Ha fair enough. Truthfully the reason I bought it has nothing to do with carrying it anywhere anyway and I imagine that convenience will go away when I slap a fistful of brass on it, so
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Ha fair enough. Truthfully the reason I bought it has nothing to do with carrying it anywhere anyway and I imagine that convenience will go away when I slap a fistful of brass on it, so
View Quote

You'll need a shoulder sheath for it then.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You'll need a shoulder sheath for it then.
View Quote

I do have plans to get a custom leather holster made for it when it’s all finished, just haven’t decided if I want it to be a pocket holster, belt holster, or otherwise like a shoulder rig. I’m somewhat curious to know how people used to carry brass knuckles back in the late 1800s/early 1900s and try to emulate that, for a bit more period-correct feeling. Anyone know anything in that regard?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Under their cloaks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do have plans to get a custom leather holster made for it when it’s all finished, just haven’t decided if I want it to be a pocket holster, belt holster, or otherwise like a shoulder rig. I’m somewhat curious to know how people used to carry brass knuckles back in the late 1800s/early 1900s and try to emulate that, for a bit more period-correct feeling. Anyone know anything in that regard?
View Quote

Probably pockets! Makes sense because you can just be standing there with your hands in your pockets talking but come out swinging
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Asked Billy and he said usually tucked into the waistband with one finger stall above the belt line to quickly index and draw, and almost never with any kind of holster or sheath. I’ll still be getting a holster for mine - because gun - but I’ll try to do something on the belt/IWB so it’s roughly in the same vein
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Probably pockets! Makes sense because you can just be standing there with your hands in your pockets talking but come out swinging
View Quote

I’ll probably get a simple pocket sheath too for exactly that reason
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like Monday will be the inaugural range trip for this party popper. Interested to see how it handles in stock format with the diminutive grip, get a good baseline of comparison for the changes that the knuckle grip will provide. Pictures and video will follow of course!
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking forward to seeing what this turns into! I dig my Dude and have a small collection of D Grant Boston Knuckles....
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLDT5Pjgbnu/?igshid=1mo0e0rdxc10i

The Pug shoots! About as expected for a 22 rimfire of its size, rolls back in the hand a bit. No ammo or gun related issues to report, though there was a bit of frigid finger-fumbling with the hammer as it was below freezing and windy at the outdoor range. As expected the reload procedure considerably cuts down the rounds-per-minute rate compared to the P320s, but that just means the ammo I have will stretch out for a while longer. Got a good impression of how the gun shoots in stock form now, looking forward to seeing how the knuckles change the dynamics of recoil control

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#18]
At the current cost of $.25/rnd for .22 LR, how long will it take you to equal the purchase price of the pistol in ammo cost?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At the current cost of $.25/rnd for .22 LR, how long will it take you to equal the purchase price of the pistol in ammo cost?  
View Quote

Given the average list price for 50-round boxes of 22WMR at present, about 20 boxes I expect the knuckle grip will be pretty close to the cost of the gun itself as well. Quality costs though, and it’ll be worth it for me in the end. It’ll still be the least expensive build in total that I own - each of my P320s is well north of $2k per gun in initial purchase price, parts, and gunsmithing combined
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
These are the grips I put on mine: http://www.revisioncv.com/catalog/4, and they drastically improved shootability. I'm guessing your knuckle grip will do even better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Given the average list price for 50-round boxes of 22WMR at present, about 20 boxes I expect the knuckle grip will be pretty close to the cost of the gun itself as well. Quality costs though, and it’ll be worth it for me in the end. It’ll still be the least expensive build in total that I own - each of my P320s is well north of $2k per gun in initial purchase price, parts, and gunsmithing combined
View Quote

Wait the grips are only a couple hundred bucks?!?

I have mammoth ivory 1911 grips so I have spent more on accessories than a reasonable person might ;-)
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have mammoth ivory 1911 grips so I have spent more on accessories than a reasonable person might ;-)
View Quote

MSRP on the Dude variant of the Pug was close to $500. I don’t have an exact cost on the knuckle grip yet, but I’m expecting it to be somewhere in that range give or take
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

MSRP on the Dude variant of the Pug was close to $500. I don’t have an exact cost on the knuckle grip yet, but I’m expecting it to be somewhere in that range give or take
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
HA! I assure you I’m part of that crowd as well. BT’s got a couple other projects in the pipeline with his business partner before they can get started on mine, but it shouldn’t be long now. I hope
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
HA! I assure you I’m part of that crowd as well. BT’s got a couple other projects in the pipeline with his business partner before they can get started on mine, but it shouldn’t be long now. I hope
View Quote

Oh I get it my friend.

I am anxious as you are, well, maybe a little more for you.

Thought now was an appropriate time to use that meme.

Tomorrow is my last vacation day. Have to work Friday & Saturday.

Therefore, may not be able to visit this thread until Sunday.

Am definitely interested to see this project fulfilled.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I assure you this project will be completed, regardless of how long it takes - This thread is just getting started More range time for me this coming weekend, so I’ll have another chance to get some more trigger time on the Pug. Whatever content gets created before the knuckle grip is completed will be dwarfed by the updates, pics, videos, and testing of the finished build. I fully intend to test all of the practical capabilities of the completed Knucklegun and will share the results here
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  I assure you this project will be completed, regardless of how long it takes - This thread is just getting started More range time for me this coming weekend, so I’ll have another chance to get some more trigger time on the Pug. Whatever content gets created before the knuckle grip is completed will be dwarfed by the updates, pics, videos, and testing of the finished build. I fully intend to test all of the practical capabilities of the completed Knucklegun and will share the results here
View Quote

Visit Arizona & compete w/ Ian in a BUG match?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I assure you this project will be completed, regardless of how long it takes - This thread is just getting started More range time for me this coming weekend, so I’ll have another chance to get some more trigger time on the Pug. Whatever content gets created before the knuckle grip is completed will be dwarfed by the updates, pics, videos, and testing of the finished build. I fully intend to test all of the practical capabilities of the completed Knucklegun and will share the results here

So interested in this

Live in Arizona, Youngest sons name is Ian

Thinking I know the “Ian “ that you are referring to.

Tell me more.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  So interested in this

Live in Arizona, Youngest sons name is Ian

Thinking I know the “Ian “ that you are referring to.

Tell me more.
View Quote

Taurus Curve: My Worst Backup Gun Match Yet!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Like the looks of the Pug. I’ve always been interested in pocket pistols. Can’t wait to see how your project turns out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just thinking about the reloads alone is giving me a migraine
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Like the looks of the Pug. I’ve always been interested in pocket pistols. Can’t wait to see how your project turns out.
View Quote

Thank you! Hopefully it turns out as well as I expect
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just thinking about the reloads alone is giving me a migraine
View Quote

Um, don’t reload? Just shoot the first 5 and then punch the rest of the targets. I thought that’s what this adventure was all about
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted: Um, don’t reload? Just shoot the first 5 and then punch the rest of the targets. I thought that’s what this adventure was all about
View Quote

This.  Jump the barrier and charge the targets.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Um, don’t reload? Just shoot the first 5 and then punch the rest of the targets. I thought that’s what this adventure was all about

I’ll do it as long as someone volunteers to record the look on the RO’s face
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#36]
You could sell tickets to see that lol.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Second range trip with the Pug tomorrow. Most of my focus will be on shaking down my recently completed P320 project, but I’ll intersperse mags through it with cylinders through the Dude. The Pug is still basically brand new and my compulsive thoroughness still wants to do some reliability testing with it, even if it won’t ever be called into any serious use - It’ll still be nice to know that it could
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Well crap, range time delayed again until later this week. My apologies, here’s another pic to partially make up for it:

I don’t know why but I find this picture oddly amusing
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well crap, range time delayed again until later this week. My apologies, here’s another pic to partially make up for it:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_02/15D70087-CE13-403E-A6FC-C58929079B14.jpeg.483a3881d8566cb0b98be54021fc5715.jpeg

View Quote

My version of amusing.

44 mag vs 22 mag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Billy’s getting closer to this project with his working partner, should be getting the final design finished up relatively soon. And I’ll be able to make it back to the range in the next week after some unexpected chaos the last couple weeks. More coming soon!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_02/15D70087-CE13-403E-A6FC-C58929079B14.jpeg.483a3881d8566cb0b98be54021fc5715.jpeg

My version of amusing.

44 mag vs 22 mag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50175/608BF7F3-4F48-4F5F-AD9B-9F847067BE7D_jpe-1837943.JPG

Somebody in another thread pointed out which popular meme the picture looked like and I realized why I found it so amusing I swear it wasn’t intentional
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Somebody in another thread pointed out which popular meme the picture looked like and I realized why I found it so amusing I swear it wasn't intentional
View Quote
Yup...needs that ubiquitous logo in the bottom right corner to complete it
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Super cool project, OP

I will be following with great  interest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Super cool project, OP

I will be following with great  interest.
View Quote

Thank you! Hopefully it’ll be worth the attention when it’s done. More significant updates should be coming very soon
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Finally had a chance to get to the range again today. Most of my focus was on shaking down my completed EVO320 build, but I took breaks occasionally to run several cylinders through the Pug. Purchased some CCI MaxiMag FMJ from the range and fed that through in addition to the Gold Dot JHP for some variety, with no malfunctions to report. The little revolver remains 100% reliable thus far. I still have yet to do a “grab bag” ammo test with four or five different brands/loads mixed together just due to current ammo scarcity, but I get the sense it won’t have any issues regardless of the rounds in the cylinder. More news on the grip expected soon, more updates coming!
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_03/75D14B30-69F9-4E58-9B85-D84A2528934F.jpeg.9dcde578b758f7ae9595ed8fce0fd884.jpeg

Finally had a chance to get to the range again today. Most of my focus was on shaking down my completed EVO320 build, but I took breaks occasionally to run several cylinders through the Pug. Purchased some CCI MaxiMag FMJ from the range and fed that through in addition to the Gold Dot JHP for some variety, with no malfunctions to report. The little revolver remains 100% reliable thus far. I still have yet to do a "grab bag" ammo test with four or five different brands/loads mixed together just due to current ammo scarcity, but I get the sense it won't have any issues regardless of the rounds in the cylinder. More news on the grip expected soon, more updates coming!
View Quote
The only stuff it might choke on is PMC ammo, because it tends to separate in the cylinder. It's the only brand that NAA says not to use. Otherwise it'll set off any round that wasn't already destined to be a dud due to bad priming.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The only stuff it might choke on is PMC ammo, because it tends to separate in the cylinder. It's the only brand that NAA says not to use. Otherwise it'll set off any round that wasn't already destined to be a dud due to bad priming.
View Quote

Yeah I made a mental note of that from reading the manual. I don’t remember ever buying that brand of ammo anyway though, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Once it’s back in stock somewhere I’ll be ordering more of the CCI FMJ in bulk, that’ll be the main go-to diet for the little guy
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Found a neat webpage while doing more research on the Delhaxhe pistol that includes several very good pictures and what appears to be the original patent filing on the design:

http://littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20d/a%20delhaxe%20gb.htm

Just a little more background info on the piece, figured I’d share for anyone interested!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m still here and waiting.

Don’t blame me for being impatient, you started this project.

Just kidding you my man.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]
You and me both sir, still waiting to get more significant word from Billy on any more commentable movement on the project before posting anything up. I was planning on doing another big P320 range day with my brother today for 3/20 day, but my having a stroke and brain surgery on Tuesday put a bit of a wrench in that plan...At least I’m getting some of the best and worst stuff out of my way before my 30th birthday

On a lighter note thanks to the combination of #TrumpBux and #BidenBux this little side project is now 100% gubmint funded so that’s something at least!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top