Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2018 9:44:55 PM EDT
Moving to a new downtown office made me decide to start packing a BUG to my Glocks. Yesterday I ordered a no lock S&W 442 that I'd prefer to ankle carry for several reasons. I really, really dig the Alien Gear ankle holster but they don't make them for any revolver models. I'm looking for suggestions for something comfortable and secure.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Galco ankle glove. Wore one for years living in Chicago. Super comfortable. Doesn't budge. Spend the extra $ for the calf strap. Makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Galco ankle glove as well. I can forget I have it on. Never bothered with the extra strap though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The Wilderness, they own the rights to the original Renegade holster design.   You’ll love it, best ankle holster I’ve tried.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Expensive and a long wait but it should be worth it? I ordered in January and it's in the mail now.

https://www.alessigunholsters.com
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Desantis all leather model (leather leg strap with thick Velcro, and leather molded holster portion with thumb snap). I love it. It stays very secure and doesn’t  bounce around at all. My daily situation changed so I rarely use it anymore, but still love it for those times when I need it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Alessi of his protégé Skip Ritchie- flawless design and execution ! I have an Alessi over 30 years old subjected to snow rain swamps etc stil works perfect an Alessi or Ritchie holster will serve you to the day you die
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been happy with my Galco as well. Had it for about a year. First tried it with a Model 60 but felt the weight of the full stainless was a bit too much. It was secure but could feel the inertia of it when walking. Switched to an airweight and its perfect. Have jogged short distances and climbed up and down ladders, etc. and feels great. Little warm during the summer months but that's to be expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top