Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 9:39:56 PM EDT
Years ago I bought an XDM 3.8 compact to conceal carry, looking back it was too big and I never really liked carrying it.
I tried different holsters, but always ran into the same issue when sitting, the distance between the belt loop at the top of the seat wasnt enough and the barrel would hit shoving the gun upward.
So ive been thinking of going appendix, it makes me nervous though. Breaking one of the rules there in a way, ya know? But the tier 1 stuff looks great.
I also have a slightly smaller XD-9 sub compact that I could carry as well.
its alot to drop on a holster but its better than not carrying at all I think...
what do you guys think?

side note: I almost bought a hellcat but I dont think I would make $500+ dollars vs the xd-9. I think dimension wise everything is about .5" smaller on the hellcat.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a 19x. You can carry a full size gun easy enough. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The answer is: professional training. A good course (or two, or three) will be a revelation. You'll get your techniques and equipment sorted out and form a solid foundation for training so that you aren't just reinforcing bad habits.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The answer is: professional training. A good course (or two, or three) will be a revelation. You'll get your techniques and equipment sorted out and form a solid foundation for training so that you aren't just reinforcing bad habits.
View Quote

OP, this is the best answer really.  Also, if you can try a buddies try one of those big kydex codpieces before you buy it.  I bought one, hated it due to the size and took an immediate loss selling it.  Consider running a holster and mag pouch separate IWB.  I cc a g19 or 17 in a phlster pro with a spare mag in an old dsg mag carrier with ddc clips.  Henry holster has some nice looking iwb specific mag pouches.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#5]
How comfortable is that sitting in your car? Do you take it out when you have to sit somewhere?

Been thinking about a Sidecar holster but I don't prefer crotch carry and my crossbreed is pretty comfortable for the most part.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

well im not trying to be snarky but that isnt going to happen anytime soon due to covid. Nobody is doing classes, everything is shut down.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How comfortable is that sitting in your car? Do you take it out when you have to sit somewhere?

Been thinking about a Sidecar holster but I don't prefer crotch carry and my crossbreed is pretty comfortable for the most part.
View Quote

at first i just dealt with it but then just stopped carrying altogether.
Im not looking for undetectable levels of carry but it getting shoved every which way isnt good either.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

well im not trying to be snarky but that isnt going to happen anytime soon due to covid. Nobody is doing classes, everything is shut down.
View Quote

That’s not really true. I have take classes with Kyle Defoor, Frank Proctor, Bill Rapier and Scott Jedlinski this year.  A senior instructor at Sig told me this is their busiest year he’s seen.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s not really true. I have take classes with Kyle Defoor, Frank Proctor, Bill Rapier and Scott Jedlinski this year.  A senior instructor at Sig told me this is their busiest year he’s seen.
View Quote

ok, thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s hard to know what will be most comfortable for you.  I prefer appendix carry for comfort, I spend quite a bit of time driving and strong side is uncomfortable for me.  Some people hate appendix for either physical or mental comfort.  If you are careful and deliberate with your reholster, there isn’t much that can happen.  One overlooked area is a solid belt, if they sag then it gets uncomfortable.  I had to go through about 6 holster styles before I settled on the Tenicor Certum Lux. Unfortunately they don’t do XDs.
Pick a gun and then figure out the holster situation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The single stack Glocks 43 and 48 really have been a game changer for me.  

I carried a 17K for years and with a spare mag it’s a lot of bulk and weight day in - day out.

I carry appendix most of the time as sciatica is the unfortunate result of carrying a big pistol strong side IWB for years.  

I use JM George AIWB holster, AIWB single mag carrier, Wilderness 5-stitch belt.

Decently comfortable while driving, very concealable, and light enough to not be fatiguing after 12-14 hours dressed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top