Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2019 1:20:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001]
I know when you engage the safety the fire pin is essentially blocked as well as the firing mechanism. No way to move the pin since the safety is actually cut in a way to block it from moving.

But what about when you disengage the safety? Is there anything preventing the fire pin from striking the primer? I'm messing around with my DEP and never noticed that before. The pin defintely pushes down with the safety off. I guess I never thought of it before but there's nothing under the slide that is engaging the fire pin except when the safety is engaged.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no firing pin drop safety on the standard models. The California-approved models do have a firing pin safety, but it reportedly can cause reliability issues, and many owners remove them and replace the parts with the regular parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top