Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2020 8:51:26 PM EDT
Saw a lot of action when they first hit the streets, but seems it has died down now....is that what you are seeing?

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and went back to the gun store where I purchased it a few days ago and they had one in the glass case....

I bought mine as a shooter, and I did put about 50 rounds thru it, cleaned it real well and back in the range bag....I like it a lot, but in reality, I like my Gen 3's and my 45 better.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
For what they're charging, no.  Almost double for an 80 since the last time I looked.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $579 for mine, which is more than a Gen 3, considering it came with two mags and then two weeks later I paid $555 for a 17.5

But for the demand, I feel $579 was fair....

Bronc
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sig p320 80% is the game now..
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think there are very few people interested in a classic or antique Glock, I mean not like there would be for retro 1911s. I am a 1911 guy who crossed over to Glocks mostly for the ability to mount a light. I'm not interested in going backwards to a Glock that can't mount a light.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I assume we are talking the Glock Gen 1 reproduction right?

It was the only glock in the Academy display today when I walked through, but the sales rep was setting out a 42 as I came by as well. They both just came in. The P80 was listed at $540 and I am sure it will begone tomorrow if it didn't sell tonight.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Aaaaaand now I'm asking, P80 build it yourself lower, or P80 complete gen1 pistol?

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:49:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aaaaaand now I'm asking, P80 build it yourself lower, or P80 complete gen1 pistol?

View Quote

Yes I am talking about the retro Glock P80 not the Polymer 80, 80% pistol

When I was typing my OP,  I thought this might cause some confusion, that is why I included Glock P80....sorry for the confusion, I was trying to word my question in the direction of the retro pistol

As noted above, the Glock P80 is pure retro, no provisions for the accessories we come to expect on modern pistols....it is a pure ownership of these.

Since I have shot mine already, it is no longer a NIB collector, I am considering doing some upgrades, ie:  night sights, extended slide release, extended mag release....one thing I did notice on the P80, the mag release is very small and does not protrude from the frame a lot.  Not like on my Gen 3's and especially on the newer Gen 5's.....so I am thinking a large frame (Glock 21) mag release for the pistol,  like I have done in the past.  

Getting away from my original question, I assume ordering accessories for this pistol, I should look for Gen 3 stuff, I assume the Gen 1-Gen 3 accessories are the same and the P80 is considered a Gen 1

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
NVM
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
There's a dozen where I work that are just collecting dust.

I think it's mostly morons thinking its Poly 80, but even a lot of diehard glock guys don't appreciate the simplicity and classic lines of the retro.  

It seems like it's a commercial flop.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's mostly morons thinking its Poly 80, but even a lot of diehard glock guys don't appreciate the simplicity and classic lines of the retro.  

View Quote

This is what I was thinking when I made the OP....

When I first called my LGS I deal with, they said it would be months, maybe January before they get more in and then they called me back a few days later and said they had some, when I went to pick it up, I could have bought two more at the time,  so maybe the noise is dying down or was never there.  I am glad I have mine, but not sure I will buy another one.

For many, many years, my favorite Glock has been the 19.3, but the Glock 45 is just a fantastic pistol and well balanced....what I am saying is I will buy a Glock 45 before another P80
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I first called my LGS I deal with, they said it would be months, maybe January before they get more in and then they called me back a few days later and said they had some, when I went to pick it up, I could have bought two more at the time,  so maybe the noise is dying down or was never there.  I am glad I have mine, but not sure I will buy another one.

For many, many years, my favorite Glock has been the 19.3, but the Glock 45 is just a fantastic pistol and well balanced....what I am saying is I will buy a Glock 45 before another P80
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If these go on deep discount it'll be my first factory Glock pistol. Crossed fingers that happens.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I would buy one at normal prices.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would buy one at normal prices.
View Quote

So I can calibrate my thinking, what are you calling normal pricing for the P80?

The MSRP from Glock P80 I think is $579.  But just last year I paid $499 for a 19.3, NIB, 2 mags, which is essentially the P80 is.  So with this train of thought, to me, the MSRP for the P80 should be in the $500-$525 range, for what you are getting....standard Glock, 2 mags

Bronc
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So I can calibrate my thinking, what are you calling normal pricing for the P80?

The MSRP from Glock P80 I think is $579.  But just last year I paid $499 for a 19.3, NIB, 2 mags, which is essentially the P80 is.  So with this train of thought, to me, the MSRP for the P80 should be in the $500-$525 range, for what you are getting....standard Glock, 2 mags

Bronc
View Quote

You're spot on.  Regional pricing varies, but normally out here, a gen 4 is $550.   So, yes, $500-$525 like a gen 3.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The crazy market brought on by the Kung Flu/Election/Civil War Eve climate certainly didn't help...
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
It'll be like every other one-off.

They show up, nobody really cares, then as soon as they're sold out, people will lose their freaking minds about them.

Just like the fake 17M pistols.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Reviving one of my old post....does look like the Glock P80 may have fizz-flopped.....I see a lot of dealers have them in stick....just not long ago people were paying four figures for these.....

I do have to admit, I have shot mine twice, not a lot of rounds through it and it is boxed up in the safe....I like the latest Glocks better

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I want one but can’t seem to find one in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
DELETE
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think that the P80 craze is fading at all. Even with the recent ATF raids, the vendors are selling out of Polymer 80 frames as fast as they get them in. And it is also hard to find Gen 3 parts anywhere either because of people building P80 frames. Over the last few months, most aftermarket manufacturers have been concentrating on Gen 3 G17/19 slides, barrels and parts and they sell out quickly. Forget about finding a Gen 3 G22/23 or Gen 3 G20/21 slide and parts right now. I actually have a PF45 (G21) frame sitting while I wait for a decent slide at a decent price to become available.
View Quote

This thread is about the clone of the gen 1, not the polymer 80.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This thread is about the clone of the gen 1, not the polymer 80.
View Quote
My mistake. The title and OP didn't really stated whether it was about the new Glock 80 or P80 frames.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#23]
OP you may want to be a bit more specific in your title and post and perhaps include a pic

P80 is generally associated with polymer80 DIY 80% glock lowers
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP you may want to be a bit more specific in your title and post and perhaps include a pic

P80 is generally associated with polymer80 DIY 80% glock lowers
View Quote
Thank you. And that is why I made my original post to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My mistake. The title and OP didn't really stated whether it was about the new Glock 80 or P80 frames.
View Quote

I just changed the title, confusion happened the first time I posted this....

The new Glock P80 Pistole
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone can point out a Pistole 80 in the low $500's, I'd be gratefull.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If anyone can point out a Pistole 80 in the low $500's, I'd be gratefull.
View Quote

Mine was either 559 or 569 when others were bidding over 1000....I thought there was widespread insanity at the time....

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#28]
My question:  What the hell is a Glock P80?  I was half way through this thread and still thinking Ghost Gun frames.

Answer never noted in 20 posts:

https://lipseysguns.com/lipseys-exclusive-retro-glock-p80/
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My question:  What the hell is a Glock P80?  I was half way through this thread and still thinking Ghost Gun frames.

Answer never noted in 20 posts:

https://lipseysguns.com/lipseys-exclusive-retro-glock-p80/
View Quote

If my memory serves me correctly, the first Glock pistols that were bought
by European military's was the "P-80". It was what G17 came to be.

@LampShadeActual
ETA: I believe Austrian Army first bought it followed Sweden or Norway,
don't remember which. When Glock went commercial, they began "naming"
their pistols by their patent number, which 17 (G17) was their company patent
number for that gun (P80) followed by all the rest that came after G17. All
Glocks are this way. There is a different gun that represents G17 to G45. Not
all of them are legal to import into US and is why we don't see some of those numbers
in the US market.

Add: Back when I was in the service (1980's) I shot one of the P80's at a NATO
training range. Our 1st Sargent asked us if we wanted to shoot as 'plastic gun" LOL.
We thought he was BS'ing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#30]
When I made the OP the P80 craze was at its peak.   I assumed all knew what it was

The P80 I am referring to is the Lipseys collaboration with Glock to issue a version of the original Glock pistol submitted to the Austrian army for consideration

Here are some pictures.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I made the OP the P80 craze was at its peak.   I assumed all knew what it was

The P80 I am referring to is the Lipseys collaboration with Glock to issue a version of the original Glock pistol submitted to the Austrian army for consideration

Here are some pictures.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16476/67A9B833-BFA3-4021-9F66-B86E1A72B725-1747916.jpg
View Quote

Yep, the gen 1 is near identical to P80. ETA: gen 1 G17 that is

The markings were much different.

ETA: @77Bronc
That case is not the same. No waves in the case AFAIK or remember
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought it was a great idea but a friend of mine brought one out and it dribbled out brass in every direction.  

Fuck. That.

Do the breechface cut and the Gen 5 ejector and I’d buy two.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mine was either 559 or 569 when others were bidding over 1000....I thought there was widespread insanity at the time....

View Quote

I posted earlier about being a buyer at the $550s.
Now with talk of a "crash", I'd expect $500.

Still baven't found one at $550s
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#34]
A serious question for owners of the original early Glock 17 and the P80 retro 17: is the frame of the P80 retro springy like the original early Glock 17 or is it stiffer as in later generations ? Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A serious question for owners of the original early Glock 17 and the P80 retro 17: is the frame of the P80 retro springy like the original early Glock 17 or is it stiffer as in later generations ? Thank you.
View Quote

When you say springy, do you mean the front of the frame turning up into what people here refered to as the Glock "pig" nose and rubbing the slide?  If so, the frame looks pretty good and I do not see any thing unusual, bit I have not shot it a lot, handled quiet a bit though

Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#36]
There’s one at my high volume LGS thats been there for weeks.  PM me for the shop name if you want to snatch it up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I assume you are talking about the Factory Glock P80 repo?

I honestly don't get the interest? Every generation after was an improvement over the original. There is/was one at my LGS, still in the factory sealed box but I didn't even bother to look at the price because that's how little I care about these.

The only reason I'd buy one would be hoping that Glock doesn't make many of them and they become a collectors item down the road? Maybe they will be, maybe they won't but that's not really my thing so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I assume you are talking about the Factory Glock P80 repo?

I honestly don't get the interest? Every generation after was an improvement over the original. There is/was one at my LGS, still in the factory sealed box but I didn't even bother to look at the price because that's how little I care about these.

The only reason I'd buy one would be hoping that Glock doesn't make many of them and they become a collectors item down the road? Maybe they will be, maybe they won't but that's not really my thing so I'll pass.
View Quote

Yes the Glock factory P80 Repo....I bought one, but like your said, the current generations are great, the G45 and the 17.5 are just fantastic....If I had to do it all over again, I would pass.

I dont think the collectibility is going to be there...Glocks are a tool
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]
If I want a Glock that won't accept a light, I will just use my Gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine has been boxed up since my only range trip with it.   I need to get it out.  One side is telling me to leave it stock but another side is saying customize it with a red dot and upgraded trigger
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Those Gen1s are good looking pistols.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:40:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice looking trio you have there....this is actually the first time I have ever seen a HK VP70 pistol.   Sometimes I do live under a rock  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes the Glock factory P80 Repo....I bought one, but like your said, the current generations are great, the G45 and the 17.5 are just fantastic....If I had to do it all over again, I would pass.

I dont think the collectibility is going to be there...Glocks are a tool
View Quote

If it were a "real" P80, it would sell for big bucks, well, depending on how many are available
that is. Their great if you collect G17's. Unlikely we would ever see an original P80 though.

ETA: Country that owns them is Austria, and I don't remember if Sweden or Norway (don't remember which)
that bought Glock next, if they designated it P80. I think it was only Austria.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If it were a "real" P80, it would sell for big bucks, well, depending on how many are available
that is. Their great if you collect G17's. Unlikely we would ever see an original P80 though.

ETA: Country that owns them is Austria, and I don't remember if Sweden or Norway (don't remember which)
View Quote

The Norwegian military also used the P80. In Sweden, it was designated as the P88.

Personally, i do collect G17s, so it was a nice addition.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "80" is because Austrian military started soliciting for a new service pistol in 1980.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So now I have the three original (except for one isn't so original ) plastic fantastics.

https://i.imgur.com/uQifiYS.jpg

It might not be 100% original, but it sure shoots nice.

https://i.imgur.com/u6NSowB.jpg

So do the others.

https://i.imgur.com/FFvhSOQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GlSe5g4.jpg
View Quote

Aah, I see you have a finger workout machine there..  

What's interesting is the trigger mechanism itself is very light, it's the striker that makes have to be Hans or Frans to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I put together one just to see the difference between a G17 and a GGP17. I went for the serialized GGP frame to make it easier for my nieces to sell it when I am gone. The verdict I came up with is the GGP/P80 frame is light years better than the stock G17.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top