Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 1:40:25 PM EDT
I’m looking at a centurion elite. They have the regular one for $650 or the Ltt for $850. This will be my only 92 so I’m considering spending the extra to get the best.  Range gun and carry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I can argue both yes & no with equal conviction.

If $ is no object, then yes.

If one is one a budget (as I am), then no. I can do a spring swap myself, install metal parts (should I want them) much cheaper than a LTT model costs. What I can't do is the internal polishing of parts. However, I don't know to what degree LTT does said polishing, i.e. how little or how much?

Clear as mud?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got a few beretta 90 series, and I feel it’s worth it. It’s a lot smoother, and when you add the trigger job in a bag -it really increases its utility.

If I just stuck with a stock 92fs, I don’t think you’d be poorly served though -I’ve always felt a bone stock us made 92fs was a really great pistol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have quite a few 92's and my LTT gets the most range and carry time. The M9A3 is also a fantastic pistol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
You might check out the 92X versions as well. They have a few different sizes and have many upgrades as well. I noticed Bass Pro has them for $599.00 on sale now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Found my LTT new for less than $700 and would say that it was worth the monies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I paid around $705 shipped for my LTT on GunBroker, so shop around.  They are 100% worth the money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobCole:
If one is one a budget (as I am), then no. 
View Quote

You're on a budget? With all the guns I've seen you post about here I find that hard to believe!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
If you order from him and get the trigger job, yes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the same question as the OP. Does anyone know to what the difference is between the LTT versions from Beretta and one that is ordered direct from LTT?

I know you can pick more options direct from LTT...
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JoinTheRukus:
I have the same question as the OP. Does anyone know to what the difference is between the LTT versions from Beretta and one that is ordered direct from LTT?

I know you can pick more options direct from LTT...
View Quote

They are the same, unless you have Ernest work on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Well worth having Ernest work the pistol over. He built my Beretta92G Elite II back in 2002. I had him dehorn the entire gun, refinished the frame in Teflon -S, installed a gunsmith fit Barsto barrel, spurless hammer, CTC laser grips, LTT trigger, Wolff trigger spring upgrade, Harrt Mercury filler guide rod, Novak night sights...  Probably some other shit I don’t remember. Never a failure in tens of thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
My buddy and I compared my LTT to his Wilson, and the only differences seem to be the slide used, the front slide serrations on the LTT, and the Wilson's trigger was a bit lighter.
That said I swapped sights as soon as I got it because I dislike fiber optics on a defensive pistol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My buddy and I compared my LTT to his Wilson, and the only differences seem to be the slide used, the front slide serrations on the LTT, and the Wilson's trigger was a bit lighter.
That said I swapped sights as soon as I got it because I dislike fiber optics on a defensive pistol.
View Quote

If both guns are factory (no action tune or LTT trigger jobs) the triggers should be identical, within the usual factory variance since the same components are used.  Same goes for the M9A3.  Just standard trigger parts with the 16lb "D" spring.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the LTT and think it's a perfected M9A1.  

I would get the standard length slide as a shorter slide on a fullsize frame is goofy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top