Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2023 9:39:54 AM EDT
So when I put the pistol in SA there would be a "click" sound right when I start touching the trigger. Best I can tell the trigger bar that's going to push the fire pin block up gets reset upwards. The tigger bar seems to go underneath only if you rack the slide without pulling the trigger, or if you put it on safe and it is in SA mode. Otherwise in DA and during firing, the trigger bar resets on its own.

My question is if this is a safety feature? I'm trying to think how this could be a safety feature. Best I can tell it is meant to allow the firepin block to stay closed so the pin can't move. I'm thinking the purpose is if you accidentally flip it on safe and you're running, there's no way the trigger bar could accidentally release the hammer from momentum.

But I would like to know if anyone knows the official reason?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
mine does that too. not sure why and i would like to know too...

i almost never post. im fine with that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:19:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Taskmaster86] [#2]
Mine does it too. I am confident its just a normal part of the design.

The FNX trigger mechanism passed all of the military testing including various drop safety tests when it went through the military trials back in 2006 as the FNP-45. The only changes between the FNP and FNX 45 were the chamber, feed ramp and forward cocking serrations.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top