Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2018 12:56:46 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to order all my parts for a Polymer 80 build and am currently looking for a slide. I really like the angled serrations on front and back, and so far all I've found for that are Swenson and Polymer 80. Visually, the P80 looks better to me, and it seems like the serrations would be more functional. But at $200 less, I could probably live with the Swenson serrations. And the $200 saved would allow me to get the satin stainless Ceracote job I want and get a better trigger. I probably won't make that investment if I go with the P80.

So are there any actual quality improvements I'd see between the two slides? Any other options I could consider in the sub $300 range?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have to advise AGAINST the brownells slides, if anyone recommends that.    Bought one, and the firing pin safety channel was not drilled deep enough.

Exchanged it (with free overnight shipping, thanks brownells) for a second slide, and now the screws included are not long enough to engage the threads.    Poor quality control on these.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 Swenson slides and two barrels.  All drop in.  Excellent fit and finish.
Both G17 and G19.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a G19 Swenson slide and haven't had any issues, but then I only have a few hundred rounds on it. However, I'm like 99% sure that the Swenson slides are the Korean Dasan slides that Lonewolf used to sell under their brand before they started making their products in the USA. Those had a pretty good rep from what I remember back when they were one of the very few sources for aftermarket Glock slides at the time.

Having owned a Lonewolf branded Dasan previously I can say they're identical to the Swenson. Never had any issues with that one either fwiw.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Put together a G19 with a Brownells slide, RMR, and dropped in a Swenson barrel and took it to the range today.  I'm very happy with the setup and am waiting on a 19 frame with a 26 grip.

My brownells slide was great.  Fit and finish were perfect and the $188 shipped price was half of any other rmr cut slide out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Swenson slide on a factory 17 frame everything in it is new glock factory parts other than a lightly used factory  barrel  just put a 100rds through it yesterday not impressed at all ejection was weak and really erratic and had several stoppages.

Haven't had time to dig into it deeper fit and finish looked great but performance not so much

Was 149 at midway when I got it
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I was impressed with with quality of the machining.

The only negative is the cocking serrations on the Swenson are almost to agessive.  Feels sharp.  There is no way you will lose your grip when pulling the slide back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. I picked up a Swenson 17 slide to make a 19L. Looking forward to getting this to the range!
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a G17 frame that needed a slide, and I almost bought a Swenson. I looked around on the usual forums, and managed to find a brand new stripped G17 slide for $140. $59 and a trip to Glock for night sights and internals, $75 for a factory barrel.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered a Swenson slide and barrel  for a Glock 19 frame from Midway on sale with free shipping.  Shot it this weekend and was impressed.   300 rounds of various steel and brass cases ammo and no stoppages.   Shot point of aim.  As soon as I get my Polymer 80 finished the Swenson will go on that.

I would order another Swenson frame and slide.  Fit and finish was great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top