Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 10:18:30 PM EDT
Hey all,
    I'm looking for some self defense ammo for my bulgy mak and the Underwood loadings caught my eye.  They put out some impressive velocities and seem ballistically solid, but I wonder if these are loaded too hot for the Makarov.  Does anyone have any experience with these loads or does anyone say that these are too hot?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never shot any Underwood for the Mak, but they are built like a tank and I can't see where running a few boxes would hurt. I've used Hornady in my Bulgy with zero issues.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen people shoot 9x19 out of a Mak without issues (loading through the ejection port, multiple times). They'll handle any 9x18 you can find. 
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillonivik] [#3]
My big question is what other firearms besides Makarovs are there on the open US market that shoot 9x18? That said I have shot the hottest stuff Buffalo Bore makes out of my Type 59 with no ill effects. Just be ready for it, in a straight blow back hot ammo can be spicy...
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nevermind...........thought this thread was going to have Carrie Underwood pics..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top