Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2022 4:24:36 PM EDT
My friend has a 2011 expert 14.45 I'm trying to find info for him and not finding much.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My friend has a 2011 expert 14.45 I'm trying to find info for him and not finding much.
View Quote
According to the Googles, The company was acquired by Remington Outdoor Company in 2012. In 2015, the Para brand ceased production and was folded into Remington.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they have been sold and renamed a few times. What is he trying to find out?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Price mostly, selling to a co worker I think
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They don’t go for much.  My local place has a P14 in nice shape, 550.00, standard version.  Possibly one with a beaver tail and adjustable sights would get 650.   I have a couple and just prefer single stack.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
1911A2 Is the most current "production" iteration of them. RIA cloned them except for the grip screw spacing being a few hundreds different. Enough that grips can be modded to work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, Remington bought out the competition then closed the successful double stack line and introduced the R1 1911.  Remington ruined many of fine weapon lines…. IE Marlin, Para Ordnance, Thompson Contender and even the parent company of Remington itself. Freedom Group sucked.
Im going to pick up a NOS in the box P14 with 5 magazines and night sights. The look and feel of the pistol just speaks quality; 2012 gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Another freedom group victim. I enjoyed a couple of their double stacked 40s over the years. RIP PO
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep, Remington bought out the competition then closed the successful double stack line and introduced the R1 1911.  Remington ruined many of fine weapon lines…. IE Marlin, Para Ordnance, Thompson Contender and even the parent company of Remington itself. Freedom Group sucked.
Im going to pick up a NOS in the box P14 with 5 magazines and night sights. The look and feel of the pistol just speaks quality; 2012 gun.
View Quote

Didn’t Remington sell a few double stack models under their name?
Quoted:
Another freedom group victim. I enjoyed a couple of their double stacked 40s over the years. RIP PO
View Quote

They struggled before FG bought them it was just the final blow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Didn't Remington sell a few double stack models under their name?

View Quote
Yes they did. They were Para clones. Decent guns too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't Remington sell a few double stack models under their name?

Are they clones if it’s the same company?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I did a mess of work on one I had. It was a great shooter.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Para was very popular in the early days of IDPA at my range.  The strange thing was if any gun was going to choke and puke, it was inevitably a Para.  Virtually every match, a Para would choke.  I remember this distinctly because that's how I always managed to never finish last.  But the guys that ran Para all swore by them.  Never could figure it out.  Now it seems most the Para shooters have moved on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Note that not all Para 1911s are double stack.  I have a very nice Elite Commander 1911 that is regular frame gun.  Bought it not long before the Remington purchase.  Blackened stainless steel with some nice features right from the factory.  Really like it, but don't have more than a couple hundred rounds through it.

EDIT:  my notes say I bought it in December 2013, so that would have been after the Remington acquisition, but before they did anything with them I think.

Value wise, the previous posts are probably right if a double-stack.  Probably similar for a single-stack.  A medium quality US-made gun (or Canada for earlier ones) from a company that doesn't exist anymore.  Shooter grade bucks depending on the features and any extras.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Note that not all Para 1911s are double stack.  I have a very nice Elite Commander 1911 that is regular frame gun.  Bought it not long before the Remington purchase.  Blackened stainless steel with some nice features right from the factory.  Really like it, but don't have more than a couple hundred rounds through it.

https://www.teddydog.org/guns/paraelitecommander_firsttarg_sm.jpg

EDIT:  my notes say I bought it in December 2013, so that would have been after the Remington acquisition, but before they did anything with them I think.

Value wise, the previous posts are probably right if a double-stack.  Probably similar for a single-stack.  A medium quality US-made gun (or Canada for earlier ones) from a company that doesn't exist anymore.  Shooter grade bucks depending on the features and any extras.

Rob
View Quote
I had one I want back so very bad. Stainless compact single stack and had scallops instead of checkering.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a p12 way back when, dumped a bunch of money into upgraded parts that the "gunsmith" took well over we a year to install, wound up resenting the gun and ditched it.

I would love to find a pawn shop deal on a P13 though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Original frame kit made for a great build at the SACS.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are they clones if it's the same company?
View Quote
....maaaaybe.

same same only different but still same
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The Tac-X was a commander sized double-stack in 45 and 9mm with their proprietary LDA (Light Double Action) trigger- it was a smooth interesting design.  Damn shame
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I kind of wanted an LDA for a long while. Never got one. Still kind of want one just because. I don't have any reason at all for it just thought it was neat.

I also regret not getting a Detonics back when they started making them again. But that's a different topic.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Just some Para trivia for you younger guys.

When Para first started, they didn't make any complete guns, only double stack frames and 13 round 45 ACP magazines for conversion of your existing 1911.
It was called a P-14, but it referred to 13+1, not 14 in the magazine.  Later, Para changed the geometry of the frame to make it less like a two by four and increased the mag capacity to 14.

It was around that time, that they rolled out complete P-14 guns.

Tony

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top