Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 10:54:07 PM EDT
I emailed them about a week ago have received no answer. I also tried to order a couple extra magazines and their site says they can't be shipped to Texas (bullshit). If there is not going to be any support from the company, then they deserve to go out of business. But it sure would be nice if there was a source for parts and magazines in the future.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#1]
@ecroskey
They got back to me within a couple of days.  But that was months ago.  No inventory as in guns and mags.  They were supposed to get a shipment in.  Never heard back.  Tried to order a few weeks ago.  Same message.  I also can't get mags sent, hence my email to them.  Don't know now.  
At least the Type B shipped with four mags.  They are made by MecGar.  They will also take Strike One mags albeit looking like an extended mag.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered some from Gillio Firearms.  They are priced at $42 for either 10 rd. or 15 rd. mags before shipping.  They emailed to say they are in stock and ready to ship.  

Let's see when I get them.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
@ecroskey

Got an email saying they shipped.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#5]
@ecroskey
https://gilliofirearms.com/archon-firearms-type-b-magazine-15rd/
The company is out of TX and I received my mags.  Factory new in wrapper.  

This is for the Archon Type B factory mags.  Not the Strike one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link. Got there a little late and they are sold out again. I'm on the list though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI if you find 10 rd mags on ebay as i have, they are very easy to drill out the limiter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
So the US distributor is out of business?  

No more Archons in the USA??
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Their site is still up and has a dealer locator.

https://archonfirearms.us
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve been hoping to find one sent a message over facebook that someone read but hasn't responded
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:47:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecroskey] [#11]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Its nice…but like you asked when you started this thread, do they still exist for support, thats the question.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to know this too. I have two Archons, one of which I intended to send into their custom shop. Optic cut slides and threaded barrels have been teased forever. I love the guns but am hesitant to shoot them given spare part and warranty repair uncertainty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 12:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecroskey] [#14]
Oh, sorry. Yes. I received an email from Garrett Sondgerath, Territory Account Manager ([email protected]) on June 16th. They are indeed still in business and he does answer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ecroskey:
Oh, sorry. Yes. I received an email from Garrett Sondgerath, Territory Account Manager ([email protected]) on June 16th. They are indeed still in business and he does answer.
View Quote

I had a phone call with Garrett today.

1. Yes, Archon is still in business
2. They had a problem with the german company producing the guns not shipping them firearms and had to take legal action against them
3. They expect a new, large shipment of guns in august.
4. The new guns will be more expensive but are optics cut and have some other improved features such as fixing the mag release issue of being removed if you put the magazine in backwards.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

I had a phone call with Garrett today.

1. Yes, Archon is still in business
2. They had a problem with the german company producing the guns not shipping them firearms and had to take legal action against them
3. They expect a new, large shipment of guns in august.
4. The new guns will be more expensive but are optics cut and have some other improved features such as fixing the mag release issue of being removed if you put the magazine in backwards.
View Quote

Thanks for passing along this info! Do you happen to know if the new mag release will be a drop in part for the older guns?

I don't suppose the topic of threaded barrels came up?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnRippert] [#17]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shinobi15] [#18]
FYI

The MecGar CZ mags work in my Type B. Some fail to lock the slide back, but they also do so in a CZ. The rest, great. (Now I got 19-round backups!)

Interestingly... the Baby Desert Eagle mags, that work in CZs (I think?), and vice versa... will not fit in the Type B.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ecroskey:
I emailed them about a week ago have received no answer. I also tried to order a couple extra magazines and their site says they can't be shipped to Texas (bullshit). If there is not going to be any support from the company, then they deserve to go out of business. But it sure would be nice if there was a source for parts and magazines in the future.
View Quote

Hey @ecroskey IDK if you're still watching this thread but i am on the list to get a Gen 2 Type B when they hit the US in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#20]
well we're about to find out what's what, my sheer just broke. sent them an email tonight. super sad...
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]
About time to off load mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DOE:
About time to off load mine.
https://i.imgur.com/8dOCHxB.jpg?1
View Quote

to get a optics ready upgrade i hope?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Is the Strike One a clone of the Archon?  Is one better than the other?

I had incorrectly assumed Archon was out of business and was looking for any current info on the Strike One.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Is the Strike One a clone of the Archon?  Is one better than the other?

I had incorrectly assumed Archon was out of business and was looking for any current info on the Strike One.
View Quote

Strike one is the first iteration from Arsenal.  Type B by Archon is the latest version in a smaller, more concealable package.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I have an update: Gen 2 Archons should be on the market around september.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Archon gen 2 is in the country.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Archons up for order on PTRs website.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the OG type B and really like it.  Im waiting on the optic ready version and will order the gen 2.  Have you heard when those will release?
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:13:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#29]
If you guys have one and want to get the slide milled for an optic, nameless is doing them now.

https://www.facebook.com/100040544024804/posts/pfbid0ZSjC9GTrGAVxH9ZtgWCNMLu8nBdieH8Mga6WmZ6ydUAB7kgsYupnV7QBs23UMNMWl

Further discussion at that link. Apparently the only one he can't do is the Strike One Speed

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top