BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was getting to be about time to replace the recoil spring on the RS320A, and while I was replacing parts I decided to opt for an upgrade. I liked the feeling and function of the DPM spring system in the EVO320 so much I bought one for each of the RS320s. Optics Planet shipped the one they had in stock, the second one for RS320B should be here in about a week.

A build is never truly finished...
View Quote

I see your shooting what looks like S&B, any reliability issues with the new springs combined with the comps? I'm still on the fence about going with the PMM comp or just going with an aftermarket barrel like L2D or Agency. Part of me is is chasing the performance of my X-Carry barrel. That thing I should a tack driver and is noticeably more accurate than my other P320s. I want that barrel in my EDC M18 but I'm not sure it can be done.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I see your shooting what looks like S&B, any reliability issues with the new springs combined with the comps? I'm still on the fence about going with the PMM comp or just going with an aftermarket barrel like L2D or Agency. Part of me is is chasing the performance of my X-Carry barrel. That thing I should a tack driver and is noticeably more accurate than my other P320s. I want that barrel in my EDC M18 but I'm not sure it can be done.
View Quote

The S&B was 115gr standard pressure which my brother had brought to run in his non-comped M18. I run 124gr NATO in all my P320s for range practice, which is what’s being fired in the Instagram video I linked to in my range report. I did put a few rounds of the S&B through the EVO320 fully expecting it to malfunction on every single round due to the three-port Springer Open compensator - it choked (failure to eject) on about one third of the rounds in the magazine, with the rest just barely dribbling out of the ejection port. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting, but still obviously not acceptable. That said when I feed them their standard diet of NATO/+P loads all three of my guns run 100% reliably with no malfunctions and strong ejection.

The PMM comps (both their single- and dual-port JTTC versions) are well made and meant to function on a wide range of factory ammo including light standard-pressure loads, even with the stock recoil spring. Because of how comps function though, you really don’t start to see significant benefit from it in terms of recoil reduction until you bump up to the higher-pressure NATO/+P/+P+ factory loads.

Getting at what I suspect is the underlying concern behind your question, if you go with the PMM compensator you won’t be forced to shoot exclusively pricey high-pressure loads in order to maintain acceptable reliability, you just won’t get much noticeable recoil reduction from the lower-pressure factory FMJ practice ammo. I choose to run exclusively the higher-pressure NATO loads in my guns because it maximizes the efficacy of the compensator and the overall recoil impulse most closely replicates the feeling of my preferred carry/defense ammo, which is Hornady Critical Duty 124gr +P
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Cross-platform consistency achieved. All three builds are now equipped with the DPM recoil spring assemblies, and boy do they feel nice and smooth. Just been sitting here racking the slides on them for a while. Most expensive fidget toys I’ve ever seen
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]

With my grip modules (hopefully) soon being finished up at Springer, I took a little time tonight to tear down my “flush-fit” magazines that were based on Compact 15-round mag tubes. Since all three of my P320s will now have Carry module dimensions, I no longer had use for the 15+2 configurations. Those 17-round mag tubes now have the TTI +2 base pads and Grams Engineering 11-coil spring and follower kits, for a total capacity of 19 rounds. These will be the new “flush-fit” mag option when paired with the Springer ESP magwell grip modules. That leaves my current magazine count at four 19-rounders, four 23-rounders, and three 27-round happy sticks with another four 23-rounders on deck once I get the tubes and internals to make them

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm set up similarly, 1 17+2 with GE 11 coil. 6 17+5 with GE 11 coil. 6 21+5 with GE 13 coil for 19, 23, and 27 round mags respectively. All but two of my +5 TTIs are coyote though. I don't have pics of the long bois yet. I need to find someone to trade my blacks for fde

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d like to get more of each combination. It’s just quite an investment per mag when you factor in the cost of the magazine in original configuration, the base pads, and the internals
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’d like to get more of each combination. It’s just quite an investment per mag when you factor in the cost of the magazine in original configuration, the base pads, and the internals
View Quote

Yes. The ACT mags take some of the sting out of it but it's still roughly $90 a mag for this set up. After testing the ACT mags I like them over the factory Mec-gars. The finish on them is slicker and they drop free and insert smoother especially when the gun is dirty.

The biproduct of building all these mags is I'm left with tons of mag springs, followers, floor plates and the lock plate. I've thought about buying some promag mags to try to build from since they are significantly cheaper. Since all we really need is the mag bodies, I almost wonder if the higher quality mag parts in the promag bodies would make decent range mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes. The ACT mags take some of the sting out of it but it's still roughly $90 a mag for this set up. After testing the ACT mags I like them over the factory Mec-gars. The finish on them is slicker and they drop free and insert smoother especially when the gun is dirty.

The biproduct of building all these mags is I'm left with tons of mag springs, followers, floor plates and the lock plate. I've thought about buying some promag mags to try to build from since they are significantly cheaper. Since all we really need is the mag bodies, I almost wonder if the higher quality mag parts in the promag bodies would make decent range mags.
View Quote

Are the ACT mags compatible with TTI base pads and Grams internals? That’s been one of the reasons I haven’t strayed from the OEM mags, wasn’t sure they’d work to build them the way I want them. That and here in CO I have to find distributors that offer rebuild kits and I haven’t seen any ACT rebuild kits.

To be honest whenever I get a new mag and rebuild it I just throw out everything but the tube since that’s all I need. Maybe not the best practice, but I just don’t see any reason to keep the parts that I’m replacing
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are the ACT mags compatible with TTI base pads and Grams internals? That’s been one of the reasons I haven’t strayed from the OEM mags, wasn’t sure they’d work to build them the way I want them. That and here in CO I have to find distributors that offer rebuild kits and I haven’t seen any ACT rebuild kits.

To be honest whenever I get a new mag and rebuild it I just throw out everything but the tube since that’s all I need. Maybe not the best practice, but I just don’t see any reason to keep the parts that I’m replacing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are exactly like the factory mec-gars with a different finish. I want to say it’s blued but it is more durable than bluing and it’s slick. Some sort of anti-friction. They work just like the factory mags with the TTI extensions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are exactly like the factory mec-gars with a different finish. I want to say it’s blued but it is more durable than bluing and it’s slick. Some sort of anti-friction. They work just like the factory mags with the TTI extensions.
View Quote

I’ll pick some up if I find some available for purchase
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’ll pick some up if I find some available for purchase
View Quote

Here is a photo review I did of them on here back in May. Like I said using these mags as a base takes some of the sting out of it since you can get the price down to $80-$90 vs $120-$130 using factory mags as a base.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/I-would-like-to-see-reviews-on-the-ACT-320-full-size-magazines/14-194735/
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]

My brother picked up a brand new bouncing baby blaster today, and brought it over for me to fondle. The P365 seems like a very nice little pistol on initial inspection and I’ll be excited to try shooting it at our next range day. That said, handling and manipulating it has more solidified my intent to not purchase one for myself - It’s a bit too small for my preferences, and the stiff single-sided slide release is difficult to manipulate as a southpaw. Still a nice gun though

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like Springer’s gunsmith ran into a couple speed bumps with the magwell fitting but he’s got it figured out now and should have them in the mail back to me in the next week!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
In for pics
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being a gun owner during the AWB and getting parts for mags was sometimes a challenge, the habit of holding on to spare parts was formed. I've worn mags out before specifically mag springs. Having extra on hand is better than sidelining a mag while I wait for a new mag spring to arrive. In the meantime I can just convert the mag back and still have a functioning mag if the need arises. I'm weird about mags. I keep all my mags loaded. Empty mags bother me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#16]

It’s been not much more than ceiling dryfire for the last couple weeks as I’m currently in the lull between two different procedures, the second of which will hopefully permanently make my back a little less FUBAR. Awaiting a shipping notification from Springer on the grip modules which should be any day now. More updates as I get them!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Stock doesn’t last long in my family. Brother got his P365 slide back from Jagerwerks with the Holosun 507K installed. Very nicely done work and rounds out his mini EDC package nicely with the TLR6

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]

It’s gonna be a long four days
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Well the grip modules were supposed to arrive yesterday but USPS gonna USPS...Hopefully it’ll show up today or tomorrow. Update coming as soon as that happens
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Precision Squared has arrived!

It took a little longer than expected but absolutely worth the wait. Fit and finish of the magwell installations are absolutely top notch, the balance and fit in hand is downright perfect, and the weight is in all the right places. I can’t wait to get these to the range, I imagine these will barely budge in recoil with their 124gr NATO/+P standard diet.

With these finished grip modules both RS320s are back in completed functional form. The EVO320 will be going to my gunsmith soon to get the new grip module drilled and tapped, the trigger kit installed, and reassembled.

Shooting report on the new and improved RS320s as soon as I’m able to get to the range!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Bravo sir. Very nice
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bravo sir. Very nice
View Quote

All credit goes to Icarus and Springer, I just bought the parts and paid to have them put together
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All credit goes to Icarus and Springer, I just bought the parts and paid to have them put together
View Quote

True.

But you did pay to have the work done and take the pics for our viewing pleasure
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

True.

But you did pay to have the work done and take the pics for our viewing pleasure
View Quote

Plenty more to come soon
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't think it's been asked yet, but are you thinking about experimenting with an AXG grip?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't think it's been asked yet, but are you thinking about experimenting with an AXG grip?
View Quote

Not at this time, no. I wouldn’t get any benefit from the AXG that I’m not currently getting from the IP Tac Carry, the IP/SP magwell setup fits my hands better, and the IP aluminum module is less expensive than the AXG. The AXG looks like a great product with some excellent features and the swappable grip panels will be great for people with particularly large or particularly small hands, but between the two the Icarus module is my personal preference
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Doing some dryfire/mag change practice tonight and figured I’d take a detail pic of the magwell fit. Perfectly blended with a bit of epoxy for a smooth transition from magwell to internal grip funnel, with zero hitches or stuck mags so far. It supports my pinky finger and the space between the magwell flare and the trigger guard fits my hand like a glove

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#28]

This monster will be going to see the gunsmithing wizard tomorrow or Thursday to get the new grip module drilled and tapped, Apex trigger installed, final reassembly and re-zeroing. Wait time will likely be a few weeks and I’m scheduled for surgery on the 6th, so it might as well be with the ‘smith while I’m off my feet and recovering anyway. Almost finished!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Despite all the other insanity that occurred, 2020 was an excellent year in the Project Nemesis saga. I’m very pleased with the current condition of the trio compared to this time last year, and excited for everything coming up next in 2021. Happy new year to everyone, I hope it’s a good one for you all!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The ‘smith estimates the EVO320 will be wrapped up around February 8th, which works since I’m scheduled to be filleted in a little less than seven hours from the time of this post and it will likely be about that long before I’m up and moving confidently again. I’ll be using the down time to brainstorm, research, and look for inspiration for what my next P320 build should be. Whatever it is, I’m pretty certain it’ll have a “50 Shades of FDE” color scheme as that’s certainly one of the pigments conspicuously lacking from my pistol safe.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for builds, parts, or out-of-the-box experiments they’d like to see tried feel free to post here or send me a message, I’d love to hear what everyone else wants to see built next!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope the surgery went well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hope the surgery went well.
View Quote

Much appreciated! It did indeed, it’s just the recovery that’s going to kick my ass for a while. Nothing like getting electronic medical equipment surgically implanted in your spine to make you want to spend a month or so just sleeping, but I’m still around
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Hope your feeling tip top sooner rather than later brother
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Just wanted to revisit.

I need to pull my P320 out to give it some love.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Well after some opportunities conspired to make it possible, I’ve settled on my next project. It’s a little...different:

Emphasis on different. And little.

By no means are my P320 shenanigans complete, there’s still plenty of testing and shooting to do when the EVO320 is finished and I’ll still be posting to this thread regularly. But as for the next gun I’m building I’m taking a short break from P320s to work on another project I’ve wanted to do for years as well. If anyone’s interested, you can follow along with that build in this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Just-For-Fun-Project-The-Apache-Pug-NAA-Homage-to-19th-Century-Gangster-Knuckleguns/33-198595/
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hope your feeling tip top sooner rather than later brother
View Quote

Much appreciated sir!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Just about a week out from when the EVO320 should be finished up, and shortly after that I should be in decent enough condition to take an excursion to the range. I’m getting antsy to get it back in final form!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Spoke with my ‘smith, the EVO320 will miss going to the range today by just a few days but it should be wrapped up and ready to be picked up later this week!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Pretty short range trip today, outdoor ranges and below-freezing wind chill are not a fun mix. Not much of a substantive update on the RS320s as most of my attention was focused on the first rounds through the Pug, but yet again no issues or malfunctions to report. They just keep chugging along as they should
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#42]

So this is how my Tuesday night is going. Got the call from my gunsmith this afternoon

The beast is now complete. New grip, Apex trigger, excellent balance in the hand - Absolute perfection. Range time this weekend

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Range trip pushed off until tomorrow, busier than expected yesterday and today. Shooting report on the EVO320 forthcoming
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I love this thread. It's a big reason why I traded my X-VTAC for my M18.

Next month I'll be picking up the Dawson .375x.125 blacked-out front sight, get that installed and order the Bobro RMR adapter. I'll swap my Holosun HS407C for the DPP when I get it.

This is my carry gun, carried in a PHLSTER Floodlight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I love this thread. It's a big reason why I traded my X-VTAC for my M18.

Next month I'll be picking up the Dawson .375x.125 blacked-out front sight, get that installed and order the Bobro RMR adapter. I'll swap my Holosun HS407C for the DPP when I get it.

This is my carry gun, carried in a PHLSTER Floodlight.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20210214_144905_jpg-1825270.JPG
View Quote

Thank you! Nice looking build, how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#46]
It shoots great! Thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Looks great with the Legion grip!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Well crap, range time delayed again until later this week. My apologies, here’s another pic to partially make up for it:

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well crap, range time delayed again until later this week. My apologies, here’s another pic to partially make up for it:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_02/15D70087-CE13-403E-A6FC-C58929079B14.jpeg.483a3881d8566cb0b98be54021fc5715.jpeg
View Quote

I love this!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Little guy needs a little leather sofa.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top