Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 8:55:24 AM EDT
I recently bought a new Glock 19X with a Streamlight TLS-7A light package.

On looking it over, on the right side of the slide behind the ejection port, and the right side of the frame, forward of the takedown device,
there is what looks like an outline of the state of Missouri, with the letter "P" inside it.

Anyone have any idea what this might be, or what it might be for?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Pic?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I recently bought a new Glock 19X with a Streamlight TLS-7A light package.

On looking it over, on the right side of the slide behind the ejection port, and the right side of the frame, forward of the takedown device,
there is what looks like an outline of the state of Missouri, with the letter "P" inside it.

Anyone have any idea what this might be, or what it might be for?
View Quote

Sure it's not Georgia? The US Glock factory is in GA.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Its a Georgia, USA made, Glock.

On the other side it will say "USA" instead of "Austria".

No, there is no discernible difference in quality.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, thanks.  That sure looked like Missouri.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed this too on a couple new Glocks. I’m assuming it’s a Georgia proof marking.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I noticed this too on a couple new Glocks. I’m assuming it’s a Georgia proof marking.
View Quote

My G19X does not have those anywhere. Mine is clearly marked made in Austria on the lower right grip.

My slide is also roll marked Austria.

So... OP how is your slide roll marked?  Is there Made in USA on the right side just below the slide?

I speculate your 19X is made in the USA, where early 19Xs were made in Austria.

I guess my next Glock will be a US made 19X!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock opened a manufacturing facility years ago in Georgia and adopted the Georgia/P proof mark. This allowed them to manufacture firearms that would normally not meet importation points as well as manufacture firearms for export to countries that may otherwise be prohibited. US Made Glocks will be marked USA on the slide, US on the barrel, as well as say "Made in the USA" or something to that effect on the frame. The US facility doesn't have nearly the same manufacturing capacity as the ones in Austria, so there are plenty of Austrian Glocks that are still imported.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]
They’ve been molding frames here for about 20 years and full guns for over 10.  

They started making guns here to get around some strict/weird laws over there.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Definitely the Georgia proof mark they are in Smyrna about an hour from me i take mine up when it needs something they do great work! Nice facility haven't had to take the 19x there though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the 'P'?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the 'P'?
View Quote

“Proof” marking. Slide and barrel are proof tested for cracks and flaws using a proof load.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Okay, thanks.  That sure looked like Missouri.
View Quote

School bell ringing.....Time for geography class

Sorry, had too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

“Proof” marking. Slide and barrel are proof tested for cracks and flaws using a proof load.
View Quote

They test the complete firearm, not just the slide and the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting, my new 19X (last month) is Austrian production, or at least it doesn't have any US manufacture markings on it.  Maybe it is that specific combo as they were produced solely for Lipsey's if it comes with the FDE TLR-7 light.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting, my new 19X (last month) is Austrian production, or at least it doesn't have any US manufacture markings on it.  Maybe it is that specific combo as they were produced solely for Lipsey's if it comes with the FDE TLR-7 light.
View Quote

There are other distributors that have the TLR7 combo 19x but, per their SKU and Model number, they are US made firearms. It is definitely possible that Glock distributed the combo using both Austrian and US guns to various distributors. I checked Lipseys, but I don't see that specific combo listed anymore.

This is from RSR, the UX models are US made.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I recently purchased two 17 Gen 4 MOS's and they are both US made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top