Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 9:45:25 AM EDT
Checking the trigger pull across multiple striker fired carry guns with my new trigger pull gauge confirmed what I basically already knew: my Shield 1.0 has the objectively the heaviest pull, and subjectively the worst “feeling” trigger.

I carry this gun often, so I decided to install Apex upgrades.

I replaced the 3-dot factory fights with Ameriglo Hackathorns.  Then I swapped in the Apex Tactical Ultimate Striker Block and Sear, along with associated springs.

Stock this pistol had a trigger pull (average of 8 good measurements) of 6 lbs 5 oz.  This is for a gun that has been broken in, with easily 1.5K rounds through it.

With just the Ultimate Striker Block the average trigger pull was 5 lb 7oz.

After competing the install of the sear and trigger return spring, the average trigger pull was 5lbs even.

Subjectively, the new trigger is a big improvement, with all the “mushiness” gone and a crisper break.

Now I just need a new set of Talon grips snd it will be fully overhauled.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad this worked out, thanks for sharing. I have a Shield with over 50k through it and am ordering parts for a "rebuild" now. I'm going with Apex at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad this worked out, thanks for sharing. I have a Shield with over 50k through it and am ordering parts for a "rebuild" now. I'm going with Apex at the same time.
View Quote

I replaced the Talon grips and it’s had a couple of range trips at this point.  

50K is a serious round count, particularly on a subcompact.  What list of  parts are you replacing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top