Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2020 6:40:17 PM EDT
Hi all,

I've got a Sig P365XL with the RomeoZero and I need to replace the battery in the Romeo. No problem there, but the owner's manual indicates that I need to re-tighten the allen screws to exactly 9 in-lbs. when I reattach the site to the gun. I can't seem to find an inexpensive tool for doing this. The best I've found on Amazon is this device from Wheeler, but its lowest torque setting is 10 in-lbs. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

FYI I've posted this query on other gun forums outside of AR15.com. Folks there have pointed out that the Wheeler and similar devices have a +/-1 in.-lb. margin of error and, therefore, that I don't need to worry about whether or not I'm exactly at 9 in-lbs in my current application. Still, I'm curious--am I missing some other tool that is more precise or that goes down to an in-lb rating below 10? I haven't seen one, so just asking.

Thanks!!
Dr. Blank
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:30:35 PM EDT
Tagged

There are a lot of fasteners that I would go ahead and use a torque driver on if I could find one inexpensively. I realize those two things are at diametric opposites, but all I can seem to find are overpriced gunsmithing units, and worn out factory production ones on eBay.

Good topic
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:49:12 PM EDT
fix it sticks make limiters that are a set in/lb and also adjustable. they have a 10in/lb standard hex bit
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2020 8:01:50 PM EDT by sd_norske]
I have this one.

ETA:  I just checked the specs.  It will not go as low as you need OP.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:38:45 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By high_order1:
Tagged

There are a lot of fasteners that I would go ahead and use a torque driver on if I could find one inexpensively. I realize those two things are at diametric opposites, but all I can seem to find are overpriced gunsmithing units, and worn out factory production ones on eBay.

Good topic
View Quote

Just us an actual torque wrench with adapters to hold 1/4 in hex bits.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:11:23 AM EDT
Good call. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:54:30 PM EDT
A quick search of McMaster-Carr shows a 2.5-11.5 in-lb torque screwdriver but it’s not exactly
Cheap at $95 or so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 2:09:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hsvhobbit:
A quick search of McMaster-Carr shows a 2.5-11.5 in-lb torque screwdriver but it’s not exactly
Cheap at $95 or so.
View Quote

They are also not all that reliable.

Just get a wrench, some hex bits, and a magnetic bit holder.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:58:32 PM EDT
Wiha Torque Vario screwdrivers are what you seek. They have them down to inch/ounces if need be. They’re used a lot in tech industry settings and not cheap. I get mine from KC Tool.

Check out this page
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:27:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HurtzDoughnut:
Wiha Torque Vario screwdrivers are what you seek. They have them down to inch/ounces if need be. They’re used a lot in tech industry settings and not cheap. I get mine from KC Tool.

Check out this page
View Quote

You can purchase a first rate torque wrench and some sockets
and extension in 1/4 in drive for the price of those torque screwdrivers.

You do NOT have to use a torque screwdriver to tighten screws.

Hint: Get a torque wrench that works in both directions.
They you can use it to check screws also.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2020 4:45:25 PM EDT by BLKVooDoo]
Checkline DTL-50i is what you seek. I inherited mine from a retiring machinist.

I think they are around $200 ETA $300.....

You will have an easier time finding a NM torque wrench for lighter specifications.

Maybe you can find a knockoff one on AliExpress....

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNYNLAP

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtc2Iab
Top Top