Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2021 5:59:57 AM EDT
I finally found a replacement for my first P-1 from the mid 80’s.  
Berlin Police surplus p-1 rig.  Under the agreements of the western powers and the USSR, the Berlin Police couldn’t be armed with German arms.  So they bought them from the French.  Like all good western powers they stuck it to the Russians by having the guns made by Walther in West Germany and then send them over the border to France to be assembled and marked by the French at the Manurhin Arms plant.  Interesting to note the slide has a Portugal military proof from a canceled contract.  The Berlin contract was in 1963-4 and the guns turned up on the surplus market in the mid 80’s when Sig got them as trade ins and sold them.  This one is in great condition and is an accurate shooter.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
cool OP. i've always wanted one

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
(Sorry, too lazy to dig it out of the safe and photo it this morning.)

OP, as an opposite to your new P-1, I have an SVW over 46 marked P38 with metal grips that was made in Germany in order to rearm the French police and security forces. It has a Star on the right side. These pistols were made in Germany after occupation in 1945 and early 1946. The 1946 ones like mine are quite rare. Mine still works fine, but I rarely shoot it, so as to preserve its value. Mine is serial number range 67**K and is matching numbers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one exactly like that - found in my step-dad's stuff after he passed a few years back. Serial number is a little bit lower but from the same era. It does have a crack in frame, which I guess is fairly common for these models.

Let me know if you are interested in another one for display purposes? ( I have the mags and holster too).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
There’s a fella on the P38 forum selling complete late model reinforced slides (no barrel) for around $250....
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting, I may need to look into a possible replacement slide - better to have something function rather than something waiting to go boom...
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Not associated, just passing it on....

http://p38forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40776
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
One get get a stripped p1 slide for about $20.  Yes $20. $40 tops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top