Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 5:59:35 PM EDT
Looks like IWI is going to compete with the P365XL and Shield Plus.

https://iwi.us/product/m9slim13/

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#1]
Looking forward to the reviews.

Give it's either a double-stack or staggered stack magazine (like the Shield/Plus) it would have been nice to have slightly shorter grip for better concealement aka Hellcat/Shield/Plus and then had an extended 13 round mag.

But other than that it looks good esp. for the MSRP of $450 and it's optics-ready.

Would like to see gun makers offer holster prop guns for sale so that holster-makers can get right on making holsters. Contrary to popular belief many holster-makers do not have the funds to buy real guns to use as holster-making props.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:12:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#2]
While I’m not a huge fan over the larger version. It does have a good cost vs features setup. Looks like it will be taking rugers share on the lower end of that market.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut284] [#3]
Interesting. I’m curious how slim it is, I didn’t see a width mentioned. If it’s .90-1.00” then it’s in the mix with the Shield+/365XL/Hellcat Pro/43X.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#4]
At that price point I think I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the regular masada.
It really isn't too bad of a pistol.
Maybe one of these is in order.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#6]
This has my attention. I’ve been eyeing a G43x but this has a similar profile without such a goofy grip angle.

The full size Masada is nice, other than the annoying trigger slap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Who's going to make holsters for it?

If I had more money than I knew what to do with I'd start a kydex holster biz specializing in making holsters for guns that no one or nearly no one else makes (Arex Delta, Mossberg MC's, PPS M2, etc.) notice I said I'd already have to be well off because I wouldn't make much if any profit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Who's going to make holsters for it?

If I had more money than I knew what to do with I'd start a kydex holster biz specializing in making holsters for guns that no one or nearly no one else makes (Arex Delta, Mossberg MC's, PPS M2, etc.) notice I said I'd already have to be well off because I wouldn't make much if any profit.
View Quote

I’m sure there will be one or two premades. If I bought it I would probably just go to a local shop and go custom like we plead the 2nd in az. I haven’t met a shop yet that won’t make a custom one. Downside is you will lose the gun for a few days until it’s made.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Held one at my ffl yesterday while picking up something else, it felt awesome and presented naturally. Trigger reset was amazing. Going to pick one up at some point. may let it get out there a few months see if there are any bugs but felt fantastic and solidly built with a good trigger.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
New IWI Masada Slim ORP : 13+1 Micro 9
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Meprolight intros night sight selections for the IWI Masada Slim

IWI Masada Slim & Compatible Meprolight Night Sights
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Not A Lotta Masada: The NEW IWI Masada Slim
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmm... Just watched a sootch00 review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKCVZ2rVuuU) and I could definitely see adding this to the rotation. The only thing that looks janky is the take down, but that's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
So, where are these things?

They seem to be total unobtainium.  Out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:
So, where are these things?

They seem to be total unobtainium.  Out of stock everywhere.
View Quote

I have one. Got it through IWI directly via certificate.

It's generally a pretty nice gun. Here is my hot take after having put a few mags through it:
1. The Tanfo small frame / CZ mag compatibility is a nice feature if you like to carry a larger mag on you for your reload. Most of the online reviews don't seem to have tested this, so I'm here to tell you it works great. No problems, except that the 13rd Tanfo mags don't seem to fit (14rd CZ mags do fit).
2. Does not seem to be ammo sensitive at all, and quite reliable. Zero failures so far.
3. Sight return was shockingly good. I shoot competitively, I'm used to gripping my gun. This gun delivered. I fired, and the sights were pretty much right back to where they were with no intervention by me.
4. The iron sights suck. No other way to put it. Good enough for A-zone stuff, but too big with the hold way too high for smaller stuff like plate racks. I'm not saying it's unusable, but I'd pretty much kill for sights that gave me a proper center hold and a smaller front sight.
5. The trigger is acceptable for a carry/duty gun. Lots of take-up, good break. Not too heavy or light.
6. Balance-wise, it's a bit top-heavy.
7. Take-down sucks. It's technically tool-less, but good luck getting the pin out without pliers. This isn't a deal-breaker for me - I'm not really doing field strips outside my house - but it's a negative.
8. Controls are intuitive, and I thought the grip was really comfortable.

If this became the mainline Masada platform, it'd be a smart move by IWI. Jericho mag compatibility is a big deal, and the rest of the gun (excepting the sights) is pretty solid. I wouldn't rush out and tell people to buy this instead of a P365X, but it holds its own.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like most IWI products, wish they had more holster options
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, spoke with my local FFL today and he is going to order one for me.  

Will report back when it arrives and I get some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#19]
Took mine to the range today and put the first 200 rounds thru it.  I like it.  No malfunctions and it's surprisingly light on recoil for a gun this size.

The irons are tough to use but I was shooting good groups.  With my older eyes it really needs a red dot.  I think when I have a dot mounted it'll shoot really good.

I've got alot of experience with G48, Shield Plus, and Hellcat Pro.  It's as good as all three.  The Hellcat Pro feels like it was made specifically for my hands but the trigger sucks and it recoils more than it should.  The Masada Slim feels like a Hellcat Pro with much less recoil.

The Slim trigger isn't as good as my PC Shield Plus but it feels better in my hand.  It's better than the Glock in every way IMHO.  

Magazines...I have a Springfield P9, basically a Tangfolio/CZ clone.  I have a mix of aftermarket CZ75 mags for that.  Only one of 6 magazines works with the Slim.  But that one works great with no issues.

Speaking of Slim...it's just a bit wider than most in this class.  It's not really noticeable in the grip but you can tell in the slide.  Sort of half way between a G19 and a G48.  

I'm going to keep it and get a dot mounted.  The Hellcat Pro and G48 are already gone.  I'll hang on to the Shield Plus for now.  IWI got this one right in my opinion.

Edit to add....I was able to modify the feed lips of an 18 round Canik magazine a bit and it locks in and feeds.  It won't lock the slide to the rear.  I'll try it on my next range trip.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
If you are looking for a holster for your Masada Slim, I can recommend Muddy River Tactical's kydex holster for it.

Price out the door was $71.45.    It is secure, covers the trigger guard fully and I like that it has a "claw."  Been looking for months for a holster for it and options are limited.  This one seemed to fit the requirements I wanted (other than I didn't really want to spend this much) but overall I'm happy with it.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Picked up mine last Friday and went to the range Saturday morning.  Ran 300 rounds of mixed ammo, including 124gr. HST and 147gr. Ranger Bonded (50 of each of those) plus 4 different brands of FMJ.  No issues were encountered until I tried using an 18 round Mec Gar CZ 75 mag. With that mag it had constant failures to feed.  That said with mags from a CZ PCR (15 rounders) I had flawless function, as I did with the factory 13 round mags.

Between the HST and Rangers, the Winchester rounds were a bit more closely grouped, and the Rangers felt noticeably softer in the recoil department.  Either would get the job done however.  I found it easier to shoot than my early gen Walther PPS, and more comfortable after shooting 300 rounds than the little Walther did shooting only 100 at a time.

It's a solid pistol with a good, usable trigger that breaks at a consistent 4.1 lbs on my Lyman digital trigger scale. Nice short reset as well.
At this price point it's an outstanding buy.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Really good looking pistol.  The IWI Slim looks very similar in size to a Glock 43X.  Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I just picked my Masada Slim up a few days ago after seeing one at the gun store. The Jericho 17rd magazines that are on the way stick out obviously, so are there any sleeves for them like what X-grip has for my Glock 19 magazines that I use in the Glock 26?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 5:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#24]
Just got back from range and ran another 200 rounds thru mine.  Shot it side by side again with a Hellcat and the recoil difference is definitely noticeable.  Three different shooters commented on how soft the IWI is compared to the Hellcat.

Its accurate too.  We were competing shooting nickel sized stickers at 7 yards and we had no issues hitting them.  

Also happy to report the Canik 18 round magazine fed just fine.  No issues.  Will not lock slide back when empty tho.  Oddly the Walter PDP mags won't fit even tho Canik and Walther mags "interchangeable".

In addition, two more holster options.  Safariland 578 Pro Fit in Sub Compact size works great as an OWB holster.  Solid fit and retention.  And on a whim, I tried a DeSantis Slim Tuk made for a SW Shield and it works.  Fits great and good passive retention.  Cheap IWB option for you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:53:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#25]
Smoky Mountain Guns & Ammo has a bunch of IWI firearms on sale including the Masada and Masada slim and this includes optic ready pistols.

Masada price (any color) is $350. Free shipping and they don't collect sales tax they leave it up to you to declare it.

ETA: at this time all IWI Masadas are sold out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:23:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#26]
The slims are selling pretty well at LGS. Retail is $420 + Tax.

I found another holster option from Rounded Gear (Concealment Express). IWB and OWB/Paddle. Both are optic-ready:

https://www.roundedgear.com/collections/iwi-masada-slim-kydex-holsters

ETA: they also offer holsters for the regular Masada as well as the Jericho.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

CZ 75 compact mags work perfectly. I have a replacement 3d printed baseplate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#28]
I think this pistol is on my short list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Slim Fit Holsters also makes holsters for the Masada and Masada Slim:

http://www.slimfitholsters.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#30]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Slim Fit Holsters also makes holsters for the Masada and Masada Slim:

http://www.slimfitholsters.com
View Quote
I carry mine in an AIWB from Alpha Omega as well as the one from Muddy River
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top