Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 4:55:50 PM EDT
I had a Tenicor IWB holser for a Glock 19 with metal grip clips.  I had a HELL of a time attaching and detaching to/from my duty belt.  I think that plastic Tuckable Grip Clips will be easier, but the metal Ulticlip XLs look solid and more opposable than what I had, which is mere liek a Monoblock.

I can always buy both kinds of clips, but Im just wondering if anyone else has struggled with metal grip clips and has gone with plastic.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Most would say that the Discreet Carry Concept clip (they make the metal clips for Tenicor specifically) are the best there is out there for holsters. I would have to agree as they are very reliable. Highly unlikely that the holster would ever be ripped away from you in a hand to hand struggle, come out with your gun when drawing, clips snap in half or crack, etc.. I particularly like the DCC design, but also have other DCC clips on other non-Tenicor products. They are indeed a PITA at first, but over time have set in or I simply found an easy way to don on and off now.

I have found that partially installing one clip, then the other, and repeating until they click in place to be the easiest while the gun is in the holster for me to put on. Pulling the metal tabs with your pointer fingers and thumbs resting on the top most part of the clips simultaneously works the best to take off, again while the gun is in the holster and then slipping upwards off the belt.

If wearing a duty belt, it sounds like you carry a gun for a living, I would say give the DCC metal clips more of a shot, as they will be more reliable than any plastic clip that can break, crack, or flex enough to not be secure anymore. The metal Ulti-clips look pretty solid, but I have never had the need to try them. They do look a bit more complex/have smaller moving parts (the hinge?) as to how they work so maybe keep that in mind too in your decision!

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes to the DCC clips as being about as good as clips get at this point.  Slight learning curve depending on which model you use and since they bite so well due to fairly sharp hooks on the underside of the clips I usually take a few minutes and work them over with a file prior to use.  Typically I'll smooth the hook edges and relieve the corner of the hooks just a touch, works wonders in helping not to chew up a belt and eases the removal just a touch.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top