Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2020 2:55:36 PM EDT
I recently received 2000+ rounds of Israeli TZZ 9mm SMG rounds in a trade.  This particular round has the brown/maroon painted nose and is marked TZZ 86. I have read it is loaded hot to perform in Uzi type weapons but is it safe in MP5 clones like the PTR/POF/Zenith built firearms.  Thanks in advance for all info.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about that ammo but I have some IMI 9mm 115gr FMJ "Carbine" ammo which has a black painted tip. Headstamp is just "IMI 9MM". Came in the old camo box and dates back to the late 80's to early 90's. It shoots great in my 9mm AR and is one of the most accurate loads. Your ammo may be a "mil-spec" version or could be something totally different.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
that is what imi termed as hv (high velocity) carbine ammo

a 115gr reddish brown bullet and a case headstamped “9MM TZZ 86”

are you sure that '98' isn't really an '86'

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I stand corrected.  It is 86.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
i would not have a problem

firing it in a mp5 clone
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Would you be interested in selling/trading 100 rounds of that for testing? I love testing all the 80s/90s ammo to see how hot or not the stuff is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got some of that from an estate sale... It's very accurate out of everything I've got and is very good. It's hot but isn't the hottest I've got. I'd shoot it in an MP5 or Clone OP.

The hottest shit I've got are in plain white boxes with just a Federal Logo, 115gr +P+... looks to be contract overrun and from the early to mid 90's from same estate sale. It was beating the shit out of my all steel CZ SP-01 even with Wolf extra power recoil spring and Wolf 10%+ power magazine springs. She's a soft shooter normally. I don't even know if I'd shoot that shit in my CZ Scorpion truth be told. I'll get a pic of both it and the IMI I have up later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top