Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 3:09:58 PM EDT
I've always stuck with factory triggers so I have no experience with replacing triggers or anything of the sort. I've only recently learned about practicing better trigger control, part of which is only letting the trigger out enough to hit the reset between shots, and I noticed that this pistol has a stupid long reset on it compared to my other weapons. I don't mind the initial trigger pull being a bit long for safety purposes but this reset is really bothering me. The little bit of reading I've done so far seems to imply that anything you do to shorten the reset will also shorten the overall pull. Is this true? Anyone who could shed some light on the subject would be appreciated. Glock evangelists please try to contain yourselves. If Glock would offer grip safety models, I'd be there. Same goes for grip safety haters. I know you hate them but I like them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Powder River Precision and read up on their trigger kits. They describe what each will do. I like mine. There is a noticeable improvement.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Powder River Precision and read up on their trigger kits. They describe what each will do. I like mine. There is a noticeable improvement.
View Quote

My XD .45 has a much better feel to the trigger/action after installing parts from PRP.  And, if you have any issues they are easy to contact and quick to help you out.

I won't go into the details of issues I had but they fixed their website, refunded my money and I was happy enough with their service that I ordered more parts from them for a second XD .45 a few weeks later.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Powder River Precision, call them, tell them exactly what you want to accomplish and they will set you up. I have either full on trigger kits to just some parts from them in all my XD/M's. Also had them cut my slides for dots.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Well let's look at the root of the problem. Don't worry about the reset.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since I've adopted that technique, my consistency and accuracy have improved significantly, at least with pistols. Give it a shot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Since I've adopted that technique, my consistency and accuracy have improved significantly, at least with pistols. Give it a shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's going to slow you down and cause you to think about the reset. You shouldn't be making a conscious decision to release the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's going to slow you down and cause you to think about the reset. You shouldn't be making a conscious decision to release the trigger.
View Quote

In my short time training with it, it has already become almost second nature, but to each his own. Either way, I took the advice of some folks to give PRP a shout, sounds like they have an option worth trying.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In my short time training with it, it has already become almost second nature, but to each his own. Either way, I took the advice of some folks to give PRP a shout, sounds like they have an option worth trying.
View Quote

03RN is correct, letting out the reset is a slow-fire technique that was taught for many years but is no longer best practice.  
Although it is something that will improve your accuracy if you have poor fundamentals, it is a long term bad habit that will cause you to shoot slowly and lead to poor performance when shooting at a realistic pace used in a self-defense or competition scenario.

Still pinning the trigger then waiting for the reset? Here's why you are wasting your time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly this.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top