Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 6:49:58 PM EDT
Went to the shop today to add another M&P to the stable to replace one of my older one's I sold this winter. I handled both the standard and PC models and I don't think the triggers are all that much better than my 1.0s were stock. The reset is better but that's about it, the rest of the pull is gritty with a ton of take up and overtravel. IMO the PC models are a huge waste of money, you pay all that extra for a shiny barrel with ports that aren't really needed, fiber optic sights that look like they belong on a Taurus, and a "tuned" trigger that feels the same as the standard models. I thought the 2.0 triggers were supposed to be a huge difference over the 1.0?

I ended up just picking up a plain jane 4.25" without night sights so I have a blank canvas to add the APEX kit and some better sights. I almost went with the threaded barrel model but I don't plan on getting a suppressor any time soon so that extra money is better spent on something else. I really hope S&W puts the Shield Plus trigger in all the models because that trigger is a huge improvement over anything else in the M&P line. My Shield Plus is the first pistol I've bought that I don't feel the need to change anything inside it. the pull is a touch heavier than my APEX equipped guns but not enough to warrant the cost to make it lighter.

I will say S&W got the grip texture right on. I added skateboard tape to my 1.0s because they were too slick IMO, but the grip on the Shield Plus and regular 2.0 line is just right. And not that it matters but I still think the M&P pistols are the best looking striker fired guns out there, except for maybe a P320 X-Five model.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My 5" 2.0 has a flat trigger Apex kit.  It's awesome.  My 4" compact 2.0 has a stock, hinged trigger.  It's OK.  My Shield 1.0 has a stock, hinged trigger.  OK as well.  

My new Shield+ has an awesome flat faced trigger that's very close to the Apex, it's just a tad heavier.

The stock, hinged trigger guns both have a few thousand rounds through them, and the triggers improved immensely with use.

My Shield+ only has a few hundred rounds, and if it gets better I'll be amazed.  The Apex started awesome and hasn't changed noticably with several thousand rounds of competition and a ton of dry-firing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 5" 2.0 has a flat trigger Apex kit.  It's awesome.  My 4" compact 2.0 has a stock, hinged trigger.  It's OK.  My Shield 1.0 has a stock, hinged trigger.  OK as well.  

My new Shield+ has an awesome flat faced trigger that's very close to the Apex, it's just a tad heavier.

The stock, hinged trigger guns both have a few thousand rounds through them, and the triggers improved immensely with use.

My Shield+ only has a few hundred rounds, and if it gets better I'll be amazed.  The Apex started awesome and hasn't changed noticably with several thousand rounds of competition and a ton of dry-firing.
View Quote

Your thoughts on the Shield Plus mirror mine. It's a great trigger but maybe a tad heavy, but I'm comparing it to APEX equipped guns so it's not really a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
They are better but honestly not by some huge margin.

If they would just ditch the crap hinged trigger it would be an excellent trigger.

I apexed my 5inch, but kept my carry gun stock for now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, the PC models are not worth it.

I stick with the stock 2.0 models then put in a Apex DCAEK and a set of Trijicons and boom, done. Outstanding pistols so equipped.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#5]
My 2.0 5" FDE 9MM with the Apex trigger kit is, as someone mentioned above, awesome.

It started out at just over 3 lbs. but after several range trips and some dry firing it's just under 3 lbs. now.

I was messing with the 1.0 9MM last night after putting an Apex trigger (just the trigger) and an MCarbo spring kit in it and there is absolutely no way to tell when the sear has reset.  No sound.  No feel in the trigger.  The 2.0 has both.  Easy to feel, easy to hear.  And much lighter.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My 1.0 M&P40 trigger was so bad from the factory it was essentially unusable.  It was so gritty I thought it was broken.  Fixed it with an Apex DCAEK kit.  I can't say the 2.0 is a great trigger but it's way better than the 1.0.  At least from my experience, others experience may be different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top