Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2021 10:19:14 PM EDT
I love the LCP II. However, when I left the corporate world of suits, I no longer needed it.

Now that I'm retired, the Glock 42 works fine for when I need deep concealment.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay.

The Glock 42 is a much better pistol but my feeling is, at that point, might as well get the 43.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
@triburst1: Exactly. The 42 is backup to my 43. As soon as you don't have to conceal in a business suit, it gets easier to be dual prepared for hooliganism.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I kept my LCP II.  I sold the Glock 42 when I bought a Sig P365 though.  Same size, 365 has 9mm and more rounds.  It's heavier though, but I don't mind.  Fits my pocket just fine with a Vedder Pocket Locker.  I carried it with the SM5 Sticky Holster I used to use with the 42, but wasn't comfortable with it without some sort of safety like the G42 did.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Have had both and shoot the G42 SO MUCH BETTER.  I get it OP, I'm with you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have had both and shoot the G42 SO MUCH BETTER.  I get it OP, I'm with you.
View Quote
I'll never dress in a business suit again. Glock 42 is all the miniaturization I require. But the LCP ii is marvelous.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay.

The Glock 42 is a much better pistol but my feeling is, at that point, might as well get the 43.
View Quote

I respectfully disagree.

G42 is small enough that I can effectively pocket carry in Duluth firehose shorts.  G42 is my standard summer carry.  G43 is slightly bigger, and that extra size is enough that it's too big for effective pocket carry.  

Could I stuff a G43 in my pocket.  Probably.  But I couldn't get a grip and draw effectively.  

If the G42 was any bigger I'd never have kept it, because if I'm carrying IWB them I'm going to carry a 9mm.

For me, the G42 fills the niche of "large pocket pistol".  I still have my LCP for "small pocket pistol".
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t understand the appeal of the Glock 42 as long as the P365 exists.
They are exactly the same size!

9>.380

Oh well, to each his own.

My Gen 1 LCP is my “I can’t carry a gun” gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I still have a LCP in the safe. I only use it when I have to wear a suit which is pretty rare.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Me and my LCP will never part no matter how many more guns I have, its been to faithful.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don’t understand the appeal of the Glock 42 as long as the P365 exists.
They are exactly the same size!

9>.380

Oh well, to each his own.

My Gen 1 LCP is my “I can’t carry a gun” gun.
View Quote

365 is taller, wider, and heavier than a 42. Those make a difference for pocket carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top