Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2019 10:04:40 PM EDT
I just got my 3rd simply rugged holster. I am becoming a Sourdough Pancake fanboy. They are a little bulky but they hold the gun high and  tight to your body and spread out the weight very well.

I ordered it for my GP100. It also works great for my S&W 66.

Attachment Attached File

Hear's my 3 Simply Rugged holsters and the respective guns. Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum 5.5", Ruger GP100 4", S&W 66 4", Glock 20.

Insterestingly, all the leather of these holsters has a much different feel. The Redhawk holster is very thick and very soft. It is my favorite. The glock holster is stiffer but smooth on the outside and almost suede-like on the inside. The GP100 holster is much stiffer and more textured. THe texture is almost like kydex although it is much more flexible. I like all of them, I find it interesting how they all came out a little different but they all are very high quality.

Attachment Attached File

I also got a speedloader holder with my GP100 holster pictured above. It is pretty nice as well.

Anyone else a fan of these holsters? Please post pics!
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Becareful in the rain. I was backpacking with one of his holsters and the die stained a pair of pants.

I find his pancake holsters awkward to draw and reholster from.

I have a couple of his natural colored cattleman holsters that I like.

I have a speed strip pouch as well but I use it for rubber gloves
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Full kydex is much better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I will never put a revolver in kydex.

I have one kydex holster for my Glock 19. It sucks. Leather for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few of these. One for my 10-5, GP100, and 29-2. They are nice general purpose belt holsters for my revolver use.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Ruger Alaskan .454

Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Those that use these holsters, can you reholster (easily) one handed or do they partialy/fully collapse at the opening?

I want to like them but the old versions I've been around DID collapse making reholstering a 2 hand job and I can't tolerate that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Those that use these holsters, can you reholster (easily) one handed or do they partialy/fully collapse at the opening?

I want to like them but the old versions I've been around DID collapse making reholstering a 2 hand job and I can't tolerate that.
View Quote
Mine will close up a little bit. You can open it back up with the revolver but you have to be careful playing that game.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh ? You hate kydex  ? Leather is outdated and a poor performer in all conditions. A modern handgun has no place in anything leather unless you’re a crippled and downtrodden 87 year old man
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Huh ? You hate kydex  ? Leather is outdated and a poor performer in all conditions. A modern handgun has no place in anything leather unless you’re a crippled and downtrodden 87 year old man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/1/2019 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Spoken like an ignorant youngster.  I'm neither crippled or 87.  I just appreciate craftmanship over mass produced soulless plastic.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spoken like an ignorant youngster.  I'm neither crippled or 87.  I just appreciate craftmanship over mass produced soulless plastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He seems to be one of those "only modern and new things work" type of follower.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine will close up a little bit. You can open it back up with the revolver but you have to be careful playing that game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I assume you are implying the leather holster has a soul.

If you lose your leather holster in a fire, will it’s soul be waiting for you when you die?

Is it like an appendix after it’s been removed?   A bunion?

Or like a dog or cat?   Maybe a horse?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone who enjoys and uses both you are completely wrong.

Kydex does crack. I've broken a Raven and a jmcustom. My EDC is a kydex aiwb jmcustom holster for my m66 and held my m19-3 for a year.

Owb or iwb holsters for behind the hip are much better off as leather for me. Horsehide specifically. More comfortable and nearly as stiff as kydex. Much denser than cowhide so it's better around saltwater.

Good leather will last for generations.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I use both, and only a retard would not consider leather as an option. Leather is easier on the finish of a gun, doesn't crack, and feels better against your skin.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top