Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2022 9:23:08 AM EDT
I've been wanting a P230 or P232 as a shooter and came across this one on gunbroker. I ended up winning it for $500 and when I went to pick it up I was presently surprised that it had 2 factory sig mags and hogue piranha grips. I cleaned it up but I'd really like to get the slide refinished in the future.

It's a cool little piece and something that fills a hole in my collection

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I love those guns. Crazy prices now. I only have one I bought in the 90's.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#3]
...and it's a Tysons corner import.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 232sl wanted to love it. Looks great but just not a comfortable pistol to shoot. I think makarovs are better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Great little gun and IMO one of the better looking pistols, although almost nothing beats a Walther PP in that department. I owned a P230 for a while and currently own a P232SL.  Snappy, even though the stainless steel frame makes it heavy for what it is, but due to the fixed barrel, and shape of the frame extension that would've benefitted from a beaver tail, I occasionally still get a hammer bite. I swapped my Hogue grips for the hard plastic factory grips. I think mags have become hard to find.  Shooting-wise, I find the Beretta 85 more comfortable, and the manufacturing and finish are on par, if not better, than the SigSauer's of the time.  

Not to sound like an old fart, but they don't make them like they used to!

Congratulations on the purchase!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a beauty for a while but the slide would rip the web of my hand to shreds. Hated selling it.

P1030817  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a beauty for a while but the slide would rip the web of my hand to shreds. Hated selling it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52065870877_00196962de_b.jpgP1030817  
View Quote

That is a beauty! Now that you mentioned it, I don't think it was hammer bite that occasionally happened to me, it was the bottom of the slide rails just barely cutting my hand.  I should test to see whether the rubber grips that it came with are any better than the factory hard plastic grips I swapped them for. It wasn't as bad as on a Beretta 950BS, though; that one left a scar from when I was 12yo.  And I've never even had fat or flabby hands.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have fat hands so we'll see how bad the bite is. Should be able to shoot on Friday
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have fat hands so we'll see how bad the bite is. Should be able to shoot on Friday
View Quote

How bad was it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It's definitely snappy but I didn't get any slide bite. Great shooter though

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top