[Last Edit: Taft]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They are nice. Mk III or Mk II?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I always liked the looks of them and wish I bought one years ago. Prices on the ammo have gone crazy. I kick myself for not buying more ammo when I had my PS90, so I could have an excuse to get the 5.7 now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Taft:
Bought it, waited my ten days, finally shot it yesterday.

160 rounds later not a single hiccup, belch, or fart.  Gun ran perfectly.

Shoots like a 22 semi-auto, barks like a rifle. I made shots out to 100 yards with no issues.

Very accurate.

Easy to clean.

I am liking it.

View Quote

100yd shooting is where they really shine. Closest thing on the market to a laser pistol.

When I was in my prime (and eyesight was sharper) I hit a milk jug at ~150yd with mine, after walking in the first 2 shots to figure out where the sights were at that range.

Makes a great travel / adventure / Zombies pistol as well due to how light and compact the ammo is (1/2 the weight of 9mm.)

This was my old 'earthquake loadout' back when I lived in CA. Pistol + 450rd + Accessories, fits in a lunchbox and under 10lb.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:07:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#7]
Congrats OP!

I got mine after scrambling for a couple of months to finally find a live Mk3T locally on Black Friday weekend '22.

Took a little time to get used to the unusual ergos and adjust the rear sight to my preference, but I loved it after that.  Holds tighter groups at distance than my std caliber combat pistols, especially when shooting FAST.

I don't feed mine anything other than SS198LF or 195LF since POI can vary with other weights/brands and at least these are highly consistent and have the same effective projectile. They aren't that expensive if you know where to look, although sometimes you have to wait.

There are plenty of weaksauce loads out there on the cheap, but why put 87 octane in a turbo Ferrari?  

Now that winter is here, mine is deployed in an ANR OWB holster under a coat (same company that makes the official FN store holster for it). No problem to wear it all day and drive in comfort. And I dig the manual safety. Besides being useful, it may even prevent some dummy from firing it if he manages to grab it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 4:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
I always liked the looks of them and wish I bought one years ago. Prices on the ammo have gone crazy. I kick myself for not buying more ammo when I had my PS90, so I could have an excuse to get the 5.7 now.
View Quote
Dude ammo is cheaper than ever now that fiocchi I and aac make it

like $0.39-0.44 for range ammo

Same as .38spl or .45acp it's awesome
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats.  Love mine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Now buy a PS90 for the real fun.  I lucked out and bought 4000+ rounds on a black friday special 3-4 years ago.  Cheap then
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, now I'm going to look into them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By azerious58:
Dude ammo is cheaper than ever now that fiocchi I and aac make it

like $0.39-0.44 for range ammo

Same as .38spl or .45acp it's awesome
View Quote

You can get trad FN ammo cheap enough at times if you know where to look, although their new bargain line is underloaded like the other dumbed down brands.

I don't know if there is some agreement that only a select few can make full velocity ammo, buy they need to get over it.  With SS198, it is one of my favorite compact defenders these days.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, you guys suck,. You talked me into it. Was fishing on Gunbroker and found a slightly used Gen 2 FN 5.7 in fde and it is on the way. I also bought some extra mags and ammo. This thing is gonna cost me big time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I miss my FiveseveN.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
So zapped my first coyote with one.

I would like to say pure skill, but nope, more like pure luck

Running coyote, about 250 ish yards

1 hit, chest cavity, drt, folded up and never moved.

Did I mention it was my 16th shot before I hit him, yeah, gonna gloss over that point and go with killed a coyote at over 200 yards

MKIII, holosun with SS198lf ammo

oh yeah, anyone who says you don't need anymore than 10rds can go suck eggs, I sure as heck needed more than 10rds

one less coyote my chickens have to worry about now  
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top