Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2022 8:33:24 PM EDT
With the empty magazine inserted the slide release impossibly stiff. I just want to release the slide (not letting it slam) with the magazine there.

Is it always that stiff, or does it lighten up with use?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It can loosen up over time...it's the empty follower in your magazine that helps cause it to be so stiff...Close the slide before you put in the empty magazine
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
My m&p was incredibly stiff at first,  I took off the slide and worked it a couple hundred times,  and it was fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Push the mag release catching the mag while its still in the pistol but not engaging the slide, then pull the slide back let it fly and push the mag back in.  Get used to releasing the slide by pulling it back and letting it fly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Empty mag, not extended it's easy! Should loosen up.

I've put ~1000 rounds thru mine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Pull the slide back while pressing the release
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pull the slide back while pressing the release
View Quote
Same observance as op with my new 365X. This here works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top